If I do a reload of the OS using Blackberry Link, then I assume all data on the Z10 will be lost, right? But I am confused about what will actually be backed up when doing a backup with BB Link, prior to a reload. Obviously photo's, video's, documents and music will be backed up. But what about contacts, calendar, remember, text messages and phone settings in general? Will they be lost?
    11-01-13 07:10 AM
    If I do a reload of the OS using Blackberry Link, then I assume all data on the Z10 will be lost, right? But I am confused about what will actually be backed up when doing a backup with BB Link, prior to a reload. Obviously photo's, video's, documents and music will be backed up. But what about contacts, calendar, remember, text messages and phone settings in general? Will they be lost?
    Hello,
    I've done complete security wipes and swapped several different Z10 replacements when my charger was FRYING my phone circuits. I backed my phone(s) up on BB Link and was able to reload EVERYTHING that was on my previous Z10, so it does back up everything that is currently on your phone and you will be able to reload/recovery whatever you originally had on your phone should you need to... I hope that my reply answers your question!
    11-01-13 07:22 AM
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...233-1.2-en.pdf

From page 13

About backing up and restoring data
    You can back up and restore most of the data on your
    BlackBerry
    device, including settings, phone history, fonts, saved
    searches, browser bookmarks, messages, organizer data, and media files.
    If your device is activated on
    BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
    , contact your administrator to verify if you are able to back
    up and restore your device data.
    You should regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you update any software.
    Maintaining an up-to-date backup file on your computer might allow you to recover device data if your device is lost, stolen,
    or corrupted by an unforeseen issue
    11-01-13 07:25 AM
    You'll need to reenter email and Facebook passwords, icon arrangements will be lost.
    I'd move any folders with downloads and such to the memory card
    11-01-13 07:43 AM
    Hello,
    I've done complete security wipes and swapped several different Z10 replacements when my charger was FRYING my phone circuits. I backed my phone(s) up on BB Link and was able to reload EVERYTHING that was on my previous Z10, so it does back up everything that is currently on your phone and you will be able to reload/recovery whatever you originally had on your phone should you need to... I hope that my reply answers your question!
    Everything, including contacts? I mean, there is no way to back these up, than using a third party app like ContactX or using a cloud service (which I prefer not to use). So IF BB Link does backup contacts as well, then that would be great.
    11-01-13 07:48 AM
    Doesn't mention contacts, though...
    11-01-13 07:49 AM

You would think the engineers of BB Link would be more verbose with what they are backing up. Yet another reason why the competition kicks their *** IMHO. I don't need to be babied like what iPhone does with their User Experience, but certainly it shouldn't be some closely guarded secret that requires Google or Forum support to find out exactly what the standard Phone Management Software actually does.
    11-08-13 03:11 PM