Hey, guys.

Just a curiosity: any possibility of an powerful original z10 battery made by BlackBerry? I mean, I love my z10, but one of our biggest complains about it is the battery performance. BlackBerry could develop a powerful battery, but I don't know even if tis possible. I don't know, but like a 2500 mAh. It would be great!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:09 AM
    Hey, guys.

Just a curiosity: any possibility of an powerful original z10 battery made by BlackBerry? I mean, I love my z10, but one of our biggest complains about it is the battery performance. BlackBerry could develop a powerful battery, but I don't know even if tis possible. I don't know, but like a 2500 mAh. It would be great!

Posted via CB10
    I don't find the battery life to be terrible, but each users case is definitely different.

Have you thought about picking up a spare battery and charger? The bundle is only $40 this weekend! This way you could always have one charged, and not have to worry about bulk, or anything like that!

BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Z10 | BlackBerry Batteries | ShopCrackBerry
    07-05-13 10:26 AM
    I'm going to buy a bundle for sure when I get home! I have a feeling most of us that are dissatisfied with the battery came from legacy devices. I could forget to plug my old phone in at night, and still be running off it almost the whole day following. Dang I miss that.

Posted via CB10
    rallen562 likes this.
    07-05-13 11:05 AM
    As long as the larger battery won't mean a larger back cover!! I like the sexy, streamlined frame of the Z10!
    anon(1926122) likes this.
    07-05-13 11:09 AM
    That is the problem, usually a larger capacity battery means a bigger back.

I agree, the size and design of the Z10 would be ruined by a larger back.
    07-05-13 11:27 AM
    You're right. I didn't think about that. A larger capacity implies in a larger space to fit th battery. It would be perfect a battery with the same size and powerful at the same time, but I think it's just physically imposible in these days.

The battery bundle its a good alternative, but its kind boring have to change the battery all the time.

In fact, battery life is Ok to me too, but sometimes I just need that extra power to go out at night after a work day or something, but i have to wait for the charge.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:34 AM
    Mugen Power just came out with a whopping 3800 mAh battery for the Z10 buts its a little expensive at $90.
    07-05-13 11:35 AM
    But what it's size? Bigger than the original?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 10:32 AM
    I believe they were referring to this:

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...berry-z10.html

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    07-06-13 10:52 AM
    That is the problem, usually a larger capacity battery means a bigger back.

I agree, the size and design of the Z10 would be ruined by a larger back.
    The Z10 isn't the thinnest phone. One or two mm more won't make a noticeable difference. The Q10 is about a millimeter thicker but has a 15% larger battery. Is that difference in thickness noticeable? No. Is it worth the extra battery life? Undoubtedly.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-06-13 11:55 AM
    Never said that.

What I meant was it wasn't worth the trade off for a third party battery and new battery door.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 01:22 PM
    Never said that.

What I meant was it wasn't worth the trade off for a third party battery and new battery door.

Posted via CB10
    I think the Mugen power upgrade is way too much and I would also never get one. But I would be happy to buy an upgraded battery and new door if capacity was 25% higher and all I sacrifice is another mm or two.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-07-13 02:38 PM
    Hey, guys.

Posted via CB10
    have you installed the latest 2 leaks from this forum? give either the .4537 or the .4543 a try. a lot of us are much happier with the battery performance now. available for all Zs and Qs.

* backup before installing!!
    * let the OS settles for 24-48 hrs before you can get the optimum performance
    07-07-13 05:05 PM
    have you installed the latest 2 leaks from this forum? give either the .4537 or the .4543 a try. a lot of us are much happier with the battery performance now. available for all Zs and Qs.

* backup before installing!!
    * let the OS settles for 24-48 hrs before you can get the optimum performance
    I so want to install leaks to solve my reboot issue. But that will have to wait for a month or so because I'm swamped with work and can't sink a few hours into doing a wipe and restore/reinstall. I always like to budget extra time in case something really bad happens as I have no backup phone...my 9810 went to my sister and my dumb phone went to my mom.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-07-13 06:10 PM
    I just installed on with a backup/restore yesterday. Took about an hour.
    Hibuck...

Ps...faster, smoother, better battery life. Yes , can tell that quickly
    07-07-13 06:18 PM
    I just installed on with a backup/restore yesterday. Took about an hour.
    Hibuck...

Ps...faster, smoother, better battery life. Yes , can tell that quickly
    Which OS version? I believe there were 2 recent leaks.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-07-13 10:15 PM
    I have the extra battery and a a charging dock with a spare battery charging slot. I don't mind swapping batteries. It means I can run full steam without having to be ginger with the settings.

Plus I think batteries are intended to run out so that people can make money off of the accessories. People complain all the time but I think nearly every device besides the Q10 has a short battery life problem. Besides, I like buying stuff for my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 11:00 PM