Just returned my Verizon white Z10 for a NEW one (14 day window), I hope this one doesn't have reboot issues. I suggest anyone that's having reboot issues should contact Verizon, maybe just maybe they will realize this is a problem and give us a UPDATE.
    Have contacted their Chat and Twitter support so far, next will be phone and going to store. Currently still working with their twitter, @VZWSupport, chat didn't really solve and/or look into too deep other than they said they saw this issue has been discussed in their forums and an OS update might help, but it is not available at this point.
    04-12-13 01:42 PM
    Just returned my Verizon white Z10 for a NEW one (14 day window), I hope this one doesn't have reboot issues. I suggest anyone that's having reboot issues should contact Verizon, maybe just maybe they will realize this is a problem and give us a UPDATE.
    Can someone tell me what kind of rebooting issue here? Especially for Verizon Z10?

Sent from My White Z10
    04-12-13 01:42 PM
    I had the reboot issue with my z10 so it was in for repair, after 7 days I received a new one. So far no more issues.
    very promising. Did you try the factory reset option described on other threads first? How long have you been reboot free? My reboots started after about 4 or 5 days.
    04-12-13 01:43 PM
    Can someone tell me what kind of rebooting issue here? Especially for Verizon Z10?

Sent from My White Z10
    Aragone79,

The phone randomly reboots. For instance every morning (usually while I'm asleep) the phone reboots itself between 3:00 am and 8:00 am. I can tell because my active frames are no longer running and when I look at the settings/about/hardware screen it has a "boot" time sometime that morning (while I was asleep). In addition, most days it will reboot two or three other times during the day.

This isn't a huge problem except that I need certain active frames running, and I've missed my alarm because of a reboot right around the time it was supposed to sound. I now keep my 9810 charged just to use the alarm for backup.
    04-12-13 01:46 PM

Sent from My White Z10
    Mine has been occurring the past 3 days in which I will be doing something and/or trying to swipe to wake-up my Z10 and the touch-screen becomes un-responsive in which it reboots after approximately 30-40 seconds. I have heard other people noticing that their device randomly reboots throughout the night in which they can tell because all of their active frames have been closed come morning.
    04-12-13 01:47 PM
    I just wonder how many of the Android ported apps are on people's phones, that are rebooting. If they don't have any, then there is definitely a problem. If they do have those apps, I would suggest removing them, and see if the phone still re-boots. "In the old days," most BB rebooting for me, was caused by bad 3rd party apps. BB didn't do a great job of screening those apps for the app store back then. Hopefully they are doing a better job now.
    04-12-13 01:54 PM
    I just wonder how many of the Android ported apps are on people's phones, that are rebooting. If they don't have any, then there is definitely a problem. If they do have those apps, I would suggest removing them, and see if the phone still re-boots. "In the old days," most BB rebooting for me, was caused by bad 3rd party apps. BB didn't do a great job of screening those apps for the app store back then. Hopefully they are doing a better job now.
    Zero Android apps here. I have installed CB 10, Angry Birds Space, theScore, GasBuddy, Flixster, and Password Keeper.
    04-12-13 01:57 PM
    Just FYI regarding "you will not have HotSpot on TMobile with Unlimited Data" -- that is not correct.

T-Mobile includes "500 MB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (SMH) service" with the Unlimited Data plan. For their 2.5 GB plan, HotSpot is included with no limit since the overall data amount is limited before it gets throttled.
    04-12-13 02:35 PM
    "JUST A THERORY", I was thinking, maybe just maybe the Verizon Z10's got a batch of bad batteries? Would this effect the reboot issues? Is there any tech people that might have an opinion on this therory?
    04-12-13 02:40 PM
    I have issues with my Verizon z10 but I understand that it's a new device/software and the bugs will be worked out. Not returning it!!! Hell my iphone 5 reboots randomly...SMH

Posted via CB10
    DatMisterB and cd1105 like this.
    04-12-13 02:51 PM
    or wait for Q10, end of the month
    04-12-13 07:09 PM
    Unfortunately, Verizon is the only carrier in Montana with even a modicum of decent coverage outside of the major cities. My real question about the "unlocking" is if I buy a z10 at full price from Verizon, and go to Europe, can I use a european sim card? Could I buy a z10 from verizon and use it on Sprint?
    MONTANA.....THE LAST BEST PLACE!

Where in Montana? I am glad to see someone from Montana.
    04-12-13 07:17 PM
    Unfortunately, Verizon is the only carrier in Montana with even a modicum of decent coverage outside of the major cities. My real question about the "unlocking" is if I buy a z10 at full price from Verizon, and go to Europe, can I use a european sim card? Could I buy a z10 from verizon and use it on Sprint?
    I can't answer your Vz-Sprint migration question because I have no idea if the ex-CDMA networks will allow import of phones, or if they will only accept devices they supplied (as CDMA policy). We also don't know whether Sprint frequencies on the LTE side will be compatible with a Verizon phone's capability. As far as Europe goes, you should be able to roam a Verizon phone on European networks or unlock and use a local SIM. However, be aware that European frequencies are different. A US sourced device will not support most European LTE, and 3G support may be limited.

With regard to slow sending of SMS, my experience is that any delays usually come from the radio conditions or network side.
    04-12-13 08:04 PM
    I'm on Verizon. I received my Z10 on April Fools Day, LOL! No reboots, it's lightning fast and my texts aren't delayed.
    The only issue I had was the battery life: 5-7 hours a day. I read the forums and tried the drain/charge conditioning, but I was using my PlayBook Rapid charger. I found out that was worse for the battery and I started using the regular charger. One week later my battery lasts over 17 hours with normal use. I think people are too quick to give up on the phone without researching the issues. I have no idea what the Verizon update will do for my Z10, but it can only get better!
    cd1105 and dbollman423 like this.
    04-12-13 08:14 PM
    As from a person who lived in Montana, I can tell you Verizon won't help. You will not be able to insert a chip in it making it a useless. My suggestion is to get a z10 off of eBay and make sure it's the right model for whichever company you end up choosing and don't for gods sake pick cellular one.

Posted via CB10
    dbollman423 likes this.
    04-12-13 08:49 PM
    I mostly did it because I expect my phone not to take a minute to send a text message. (if it gets sent at all) And the random reboots, although those didn't really affect me that much, just annoyed me when the screen randomly flicked on when I was sitting at my desk. With all these problems, I just didn't feel I could "marry" the z10 for the next 20 months.

Good news is I got my unlimited data reinstated, but now I'm thinking about buying a Z10 outright, (i kind of miss it already) so I can keep my month-to-month contract, unlimited data and still have the option to upgrade to some future phone.

What's the difference between the verizon Z10 and the at&t z10? If I buy my verizon z10 in white, will it be unlocked if I buy it from Verizon? Is there anywhere you recommend buying a white z10 for around 500 dollars?
    Returned my Z10 and bought a second hand android phone in the mean time. Missing the Z10... thinking about going back. Im just lurking to see if BB drops an update that takes care of my gripes.
    04-12-13 09:49 PM
    My sister is in the West Glacier area on VZW, switched to the Z10 last week and swears text, email and browser is faster than her previous phone. She loves it. If you're experiencing unusually slow text response then return it for another.
    04-12-13 10:08 PM
    I'm on Verizon. I received my Z10 on April Fools Day, LOL! No reboots, it's lightning fast and my texts aren't delayed.
    The only issue I had was the battery life: 5-7 hours a day. I read the forums and tried the drain/charge conditioning, but I was using my PlayBook Rapid charger. I found out that was worse for the battery and I started using the regular charger. One week later my battery lasts over 17 hours with normal use. I think people are too quick to give up on the phone without researching the issues. I have no idea what the Verizon update will do for my Z10, but it can only get better!
    The PB charger should have no adverse effects on your battery. I've been using mine for two years on my 9930 with no ill effect, as have most PB/BB owners. My boss has been using his PB charger on his Z10 since release and has great battery life. I'm not sure if you were aware but the BB phone rapid charger IS the PB standard charger. I'm not suggesting you haven't experienced an improvement since changing chargers, you obviously have, I'm just suggesting the cause is most likely something else as the PB charger SHOULDN'T be the cause of shorter battery life. I hope you find the solution as the PB charger is a great phone charger and when traveling allows you to only carry the one.
    blkbeauti likes this.
    04-12-13 10:24 PM
    The PB charger should have no adverse effects on your battery. I've been using mine for two years on my 9930 with no ill effect, as have most PB/BB owners. My boss has been using his PB charger on his Z10 since release and has great battery life. I'm not sure if you were aware but the BB phone rapid charger IS the PB standard charger. I'm not suggesting you haven't experienced an improvement since changing chargers, you obviously have, I'm just suggesting the cause is most likely something else as the PB charger SHOULDN'T be the cause of shorter battery life. I hope you find the solution as the PB charger is a great phone charger and when traveling allows you to only carry the one.
    I'm sure you're right. I used my rapid charger with my 9850 for Torch, with no adverse effects. I just felt the need to try anything to increase my battery life. I'm not sure why my battery power increased, I'm not glad it did!
    04-12-13 10:36 PM
    I think living in Montana is your problem lol

Posted via CB10
    blkbeauti and cd1105 like this.
    04-12-13 11:48 PM
    slow txts? good think you don't use an iphone. Theres this bar that you have to wait for showing how long it loads. Makes it even worse if the phones trying to figure out whether its going to imessage or txt. BB7 felt like the message was sent as soon as you hit send. Sorry for venting. Txt messaging is just unbearable at times on iphone after using BB7. Looking forward to seeing how it is on BB10 since this is the first I'm hearing anything about slow txting. Coming from an iphone I'm sure it will seem lightning fast.

Anyways, we still not going to funnel this stuff into a single thread?

Only negative redundant ones? Everyday there is a new thread just like this one. Barely says anything, no informative, not helpful but it has to be answered to.
    04-13-13 12:53 AM
    I am in Missoula Mt. I bought a Z10 today outright from Best Buy. They price matched plus I got 5% back in rewards. Then I brought the phone over to Verizon to activate, which actually was more complicated than it should have been. So I got the best of both worlds. I had virtually none of the same problems I had with teething my first Z10. Everything instantly loaded from backup etc. I am still having this delay between hitting send on a text and it appearing on the screen, but it is quicker than before. No random reboots yet. But I am missing an application, but it must not be that important as I cannot remember what it was.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:25 AM
    I nelice that BlackBerry does monitor this forum, therefore on my own opinion, posting bugs here is perfectly appropriate.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    As long as the poster also posts on the BlackBerry.com forum or bothers to checks the official KB at BlackBerry.com

:-)

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-13-13 04:32 AM
    I had a phone that would reboot itself but I put it on a timer to do that. I forget if it was an iPhone or a blackberry. You may should of checked the settings. I have att and my texts are great and fast and no reboot issues and since the update its even better. There are bugs but I'm waiting them out. Love my Z10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    04-13-13 05:37 AM
    Have Z10 since March 23 with At&T, have had 2 updates and absolutely no problems.
    04-13-13 06:45 AM
117 ... 2345