Curious, how does a community work to "solve what we can" if people aren't reporting bugs.

Real life example of threads like this being useful: Me.
    I've been an AT&T subscriber for 16 years, and have been using BlackBerry since 2007 (8300, 8900, 9800, 9810, Z10). I'm not a BB fanboy. I went to BB because my firm forced me to. As other options disappeared, Android and iOS gained popularity, and BB added functionality, I learned to appreciate BB and now choose it over other options.

Based on plan options I wanted to switch to VZ and decided do it when the Z10 came out, or a few weeks later. I'm now near the end of my 14 day trial period as a new VZ account holder. Had I read more VZ specific threads (reboots, no software updates, etc), I would have held off starting my VZ trial. I would have waited to see if VZ updated in a reasonable amount of time and if that update solved the reboot problem. Now, I'm likely going to return my Z10 before Wednesday, and close my account. When I want to try again, I'll have to pay another $35 activation charge and go through all the credit checks and all the admin again.

Bottom line is more threads like this would have helped with my decision. In the end, it was my decision, but the more info and tools the better.
    I nelice that BlackBerry does monitor this forum, therefore on my own opinion, posting bugs here is perfectly appropriate.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 11:30 AM
    OP is a troll. It's just to obvious. Please don't respone to these idiots just report them.
    Here's a picture of my return receipt. I'm a real person with real problems with my Z10.

I didn't see any personally identifying information on it, but lemme know if there is something and I'll take it down.

Well I returned my Z10 back to Verizon.-1z6z193.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Well I returned my Z10 back to Verizon.-dscn0238.jpg  
    04-12-13 11:39 AM
    Curious, how does a community work to "solve what we can" if people aren't reporting bugs.

I've been an AT&T subscriber for 16 years, and have been using BlackBerry since 2007 (8300, 8900, 9800, 9810, Z10). I'm not a BB fanboy. I went to BB because my firm forced me to. As other options disappeared, Android and iOS gained popularity, and BB added functionality, I learned to appreciate BB and now choose it over other options.

Based on plan options I wanted to switch to VZ and decided do it when the Z10 came out, or a few weeks later. I'm now near the end of my 14 day trial period as a new VZ account holder. Had I read more VZ specific threads (reboots, no software updates, etc), I would have held off starting my VZ trial. I would have waited to see if VZ updated in a reasonable amount of time and if that update solved the reboot problem. Now, I'm likely going to return my Z10 before Wednesday, and close my account. When I want to try again, I'll have to pay another $35 activation charge and go through all the credit checks and all the admin again.

Bottom line is more threads like this would have helped with my decision. In the end, it was my decision, but the more info and tools the better.
    I wish more people had posted their problems also. I would have just paid for the phone outright instead of wasting 35 dollars on a restocking fee.
    04-12-13 11:48 AM
    2 issues is all these issues?
    Constant rebooting would not bother you?
    04-12-13 11:51 AM
    Can some of you stop being insecure babies that yell "Troll" whenever someone brings up their issues with a phone they spent a good amount of $$$ on. I see no reason why this forum can't be a place to vent about such things instead of everyone just holding hands, singing kumbaya and pretending like the device is perfect.

For the record, mine has thankfully not been a victim of the reboot and I'm quite pleased with it.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-12-13 11:53 AM
    Have At&t for almost a month, no issues--no random reboots and text are super fast. Must be a bad batch with the initial Verizon stock.
    04-12-13 11:54 AM
    Hang in there, in a few months we'll all be laughing about the first couple of months. It's going to be the best.
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-12-13 12:04 PM
    Have At&t for almost a month, no issues--no random reboots and text are super fast. Must be a bad batch with the initial Verizon stock.
    Check your settings/about/hardware screen and look at the last "boot" time. You may be surprised. Every morning when I get up I find two things:

1. The active frames that were open when I went to sleep are closed when I wake up
    2. The boot time is sometime between 3:00 am and 8:00 am each morning (happens when I'm sleeping).

If I didn't have active frames open all the time, I wouldn't notice this. This is a problem for two reasons:

1. I need certain active frames running
    2. It sometimes reboots right around the time my alarm is supposed to go off and I miss my alarm.

I actually have to leave my 9810 alarm on each day because I no longer trust the Z10 to be on when the alarm is supposed to go sound.

In general, besides the middle of the night while I'm sleeping reboot, I have one or two others per day.
    04-12-13 12:05 PM
    Check your settings/about/hardware screen and look at the last "boot" time. You may be surprised. Every morning when I get up I find two things:

1. The active frames that were open when I went to sleep are closed when I wake up
    2. The boot time is sometime between 3:00 am and 8:00 am each morning (happens when I'm sleeping).

If I didn't have active frames open all the time, I wouldn't notice this. This is a problem for two reasons:

1. I need certain active frames running
    2. It sometimes reboots right around the time my alarm is supposed to go off and I miss my alarm.

I actually have to leave my 9810 alarm on each day because I no longer trust the Z10 to be on when the alarm is supposed to go sound.

In general, besides the middle of the night while I'm sleeping reboot, I have one or two others per day.
    Yeah, the rebooting thing was the big one for me. I use my phone as my brain expander pack, alarm clock, GPS system and whatever else when I travel, which sadly seems to be happening a lot more often. While interrupting most of these functions counts for nothing more than an annoyance, crashing during a drive or when it should be waking me up in some motel somewhere is not a good thing. And yeah I know there are seperate GPSs and alarm clocks and no I don't want to haul them around since my baggage is generally an overnight case and maybe a shoulder bag.
    04-12-13 12:17 PM
    Is the reboot problem a software or hardware issue? For those that have exchanged their Z10's is your reboot problem gone?

I'm on T - Mobile and my Z10 randomly reboots a few times a day.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:18 PM
    Constant rebooting would not bother you?
    Yes it would but I would not call 2 issues, all these issues if that were the only 2 things wrong. Either a replacement or an update can fix either.
    04-12-13 12:41 PM
    I bought my Z10 off contact through Verizon. I still have my unlimited and my phone has never rebooted. I did have to bye a sim card ($10) no big deal with the money I am saving long term. My only issue is battery longevity as in I have none.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:46 PM
    Well it is apparent that trolls love this place, do you really think we here at crackberry REALLY GIVE A FREAKING CRAP about YOU returning your Z10..... REALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HELL NO.. so run along little boy.

I could careless if ppl return a device cause they can't cope with crappy internet service.... not a device issue, but a carrier issue.

And what reboots...... lol... its apps man. or OS issue is what its pointing too only for certain areas, but there is MILLIONS of Z10's NOT HAVING A DAMN ISSUE AT ALL.
    Lol. You lose the internet more and more every day.
    04-12-13 12:52 PM
    Is the reboot problem a software or hardware issue? For those that have exchanged their Z10's is your reboot problem gone?

I'm on T - Mobile and my Z10 randomly reboots a few times a day.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I would like to know because mine Verizon Z10 began rebooting randomly a few days ago (atleast to my knowledge it began a few days ago), and my 14-day period ends this weekend for replacing my phone with a new one. If it is just software, I will just hold off and wait for the the update, but if it is hardware I need to return it this weekend. I know I can get a replacement after my 14 day period using my 1-year manufacturer warranty, but from what I have been told by Verizon is that I am not guaranteed to get a brand new device after the 14-day period.
    04-12-13 01:10 PM
    Hmm, the biggest concern of mine for Z10 is only the apps that I want to be available soon such as Flipboard. Though I can sideload it, but the experience is rather different than what I found in IOS or Android version.

And what I read in this forum especially from who use STL 100 -3 or 4, are shocking me. I just use STL100-1 which has lower proccie spec than any other STL 100-1 and I never have bad experience with my Z10.

My Z10 battery life is great, start from 6 am and end up in 7 pm. Doing my ritual, which is restarting all my smartphones after charging complete at the morning, just to make sure that the system is fresh and ready to use.

Emails flow like it used to be when I use previous BlackBerry OS. The speed is almost in real time. Yes, of course, this speed is truly depends on your network using in your Z10.

I don't know if Z10 at America is not doing well there. But here, in Indonesia, Z10 works great.

Sent from My White Z10
    04-12-13 01:15 PM

Look, issues with carriers and what not make sense to make posts about, within reason. But constantly ******** about things like reboot issues or battery issues is redundant and annoying. There are hundreds of threads on these topics and seeing another "I returned my Z10 because of xxxx" is irritating to see. Nobody is going to feel sympathy here for you because of your problems, take it to Verizon or Blackberry as they're the ones who can help with those issues.

To recap, if the issues are readily solveable, there will be people here ready to help you. If you've already returned the phone, don't bother making threads about how you returned the phone about XYZ if you couldn't do research first. Go complain to the carriers or Blackberry themselves.
    04-12-13 01:20 PM
    I returned mine as well...This phone is just not it, with the reboots and boring UI. I will wait for the iphone or Android next device. Oh well I guess you can say they made an effort....
    04-12-13 01:22 PM
    Look, issues with carriers and what not make sense to make posts about, within reason. But constantly ******** about things like reboot issues or battery issues is redundant and annoying. There are hundreds of threads on these topics and seeing another "I returned my Z10 because of xxxx" is irritating to see. Nobody is going to feel sympathy here for you because of your problems, take it to Verizon or Blackberry as they're the ones who can help with those issues.

To recap, if the issues are readily solveable, there will be people here ready to help you. If you've already returned the phone, don't bother making threads about how you returned the phone about XYZ if you couldn't do research first. Go complain to the carriers or Blackberry themselves.
    so... don't read them. Pretty simple eh. Also, you'll note by the number of thanks and likes I got on that post, people actually do care.
    04-12-13 01:26 PM
    I returned mine as well...This phone is just not it, with the reboots and boring UI. I will wait for the iphone or Android next device. Oh well I guess you can say they made an effort....
    Hmm, there are plenty of new android phones coming this year. Maybe one of them will fit for your needs.

About IOS? Better you think twice to pick it. If you can get better smartphone with cheaper price, why shall you spend more for the same experience?

Sent from My White Z10
    04-12-13 01:28 PM
    Boring UI, tell me what iOS and/or Android has within their UI that makes it not boring compared to BB10?
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    04-12-13 01:29 PM
    so... don't read them. Pretty simple eh. Also, you'll note by the number of thanks and likes I got on that post, people actually do care.
    Your ego must feel great. Not reading them isn't the issue, seeing them populate the first page is.
    04-12-13 01:30 PM
    Your ego must feel great. Not reading them isn't the issue, seeing them populate the first page is.
    My ego isn't affected by the phone I use, nor the feedback I receive - I'm way, way too old for that and that would be sad. I was simply pointing out that your sweeping generalization using the word "nobody" was really speaking for yourself and not the community at large.

See #1 below and reread your "nobody" comment. Just sayin (for myself and nobody else):

e�go
    /ˈēgō/Noun
    1.A person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance: "a boost to my ego".
    2.The part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of...
    04-12-13 01:36 PM
    Just returned my Verizon white Z10 for a NEW one (14 day window), I hope this one doesn't have reboot issues. I suggest anyone that's having reboot issues should contact Verizon, maybe just maybe they will realize this is a problem and give us a UPDATE.
    04-12-13 01:37 PM
    Boring, eh. I thought iOS and android were the boring ones.
    FantomLightning likes this.
    04-12-13 01:39 PM
    I had the reboot issue with my z10 so it was in for repair, after 7 days I received a new one. So far no more issues.
    04-12-13 01:40 PM
117 12345