Maybe we could narrow the reboot issue down to place of manufacture. My STL100-4 was made in Canada. No reboot problems whatsoever.
    Pretty sure the Z10 I returned was made in Canada.
    04-12-13 08:36 AM
    I think all the VZ Z10s are made in Canada. There's only one -4 production line as far as I know. Makes sense since VZ is the only carrier to use -4s

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:48 AM
    I mostly did it because I expect my phone not to take a minute to send a text message. (if it gets sent at all) And the random reboots, although those didn't really affect me that much, just annoyed me when the screen randomly flicked on when I was sitting at my desk. With all these problems, I just didn't feel I could "marry" the z10 for the next 20 months.

Good news is I got my unlimited data reinstated, but now I'm thinking about buying a Z10 outright, (i kind of miss it already) so I can keep my month-to-month contract, unlimited data and still have the option to upgrade to some future phone.

What's the difference between the verizon Z10 and the at&t z10? If I buy my verizon z10 in white, will it be unlocked if I buy it from Verizon? Is there anywhere you recommend buying a white z10 for around 500 dollars?
    this must be software issue with Varizon. I have never had any of this issues with my z10. my phone had reboot perhaps twice since i own it. that is all. and one of these times was due to my micro sd card imo.
    04-12-13 08:57 AM
    That sucks, not one problem since feb5th here that wasn't self induced lol

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    04-12-13 09:02 AM
    When you have a product that's so mass produced globally in a relative short time frame there is always going to be hiccups, hence why the ELF & DOA policies are in place for the carriers

Posted via Telstra Z10 on CB10

What? Three years in the making is relatively short time frame to you?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Foroplex
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-12-13 09:09 AM
    My T-Mobile Z10 has been running strong for 2 and a half weeks now. No random reboots at all. Messages get there stupid fast.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:18 AM
    I wonder if something was not wrong with the phone itself. I would have just swapped out the phone. I changed over from Sprint. Have not had one reboot, text goes out fine. I have not loaded on a bunch of games and such. Just don't use them. That might be the difference.
    My take on the rebooting issue is that it is related to wifi or wireless communication in general.

Some people have problems with their phones even with no installed apps and some have problems with apps installed.

Because the device is pretty much always connected depending on how it is setup, wifi is always being accessed behind the scenes.

When an app is causing the problem, most likely the app is also accessing the Internet triggering a reboot issue.

I would suggest as a trial to anyone with reboot issues to turn off their wifi for some time and see how the phone responds.

Posted via CB10
    OP I don't believe you would have access to Verizon's LTE network if you bought an unlocked version.
    OP is a troll. It's just to obvious. Please don't respone to these idiots just report them.
    04-12-13 09:21 AM
    As far as the ability to use the VZW Z10 overseas, you have to look at the frequencies it operates at versus the frequencies used by the country you are visiting. VZW's LTE works at 700MHz, Europe's carriers are 800/1800/2600 MHz. Which is why you have to be careful on what Z10 you buy based on where you want to use it.
    04-12-13 09:45 AM
    Well it is apparent that trolls love this place, do you really think we here at crackberry REALLY GIVE A FREAKING CRAP about YOU returning your Z10..... REALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HELL NO.. so run along little boy.

I could careless if ppl return a device cause they can't cope with crappy internet service.... not a device issue, but a carrier issue.

And what reboots...... lol... its apps man. or OS issue is what its pointing too only for certain areas, but there is MILLIONS of Z10's NOT HAVING A DAMN ISSUE AT ALL.
    04-12-13 09:49 AM
    i returned my z10 as well. I loved the phone and the ability to sideload apps. i did have random reboots about once a week but everything else was great with the device. I returned it for a few reasons though.

1. is that it does not support smime activesync for my corporate email (deal killer right there because this is required for my job) like iphone and android do (i went back to my gnex).
    2. no third party email client to supprt this issue in #1, i tried to port moxier but it kept crashing on decryption and i did install touchdown which did not fully work (i spent a week sharing emails with their tech support giving them screen caps of errors and testing things for them).
    3. no spotify. i lived with slacker but i really want spotify.
    4. lack of banking application, luckily i was able to sideload 2 of the ones i use.
    5. battery life. wow this sucked. i had a white z10 on verizon and i would get maybe 4 hours of usage with the device (i did 3 factory restores and ran it with only what came preinstalled for 4 days before realizing it is the phone not apps killing the battery.
    6. unread email issues. fb notifications and 1 of my email accounts would not accept *mark all as read* when i used the option. they would mark as read then when the account resync it would come back as unread.
    7. i had more issues but these were the deal killers for me. all of my other issues will eventually be resolved with apps

i have reported all my issues to blackberry via the beta program, verizon though a store rep and a call, and the forums here. i really hope BB can fix this soon so that i can come back to the platform. i really need to be able to receive work email like all of my other phones can do.
    Last edited by toosweetnitemare; 04-12-13 at 10:11 AM. Reason: created a list
    04-12-13 10:09 AM
    I have Verizon and my texts go fast for me. And as far as the re boots go why didn't you just swap it out for another one? Being such a new OS there will always be issues in the beginning there is no way around it!

Posted via CB10
    this

Im sure it os related as my virgin/bell canada z10 has experienced 0 reboots, got a bunch of sideloaded apps installed too. My battery lasts over 12 hours on a full charge.
    04-12-13 10:16 AM
    this

Im sure it os related as my virgin/bell canada z10 has experienced 0 reboots, got a bunch of sideloaded apps installed too. My battery lasts over 12 hours on a full charge.
    After the OS update and my saved files finished loading, I didn't have a problem with battery at all. I had the reboots both before and after I started installing apps. My big problem was the hang-up in texting people. I even showed it to the Verizon person and he thought it was weird too. I made a thread about it and other people said they had the same issue. Maybe it was just the phone, but like I said before, not worth giving up unlimited data and my upgrade for 20 months. I'm now willing to take the step of purchasing it outright, but I'd like to save some money if possible, and make sure I can sell my phone to anyone when I'm done. That's why I want to know about the whole unlocking thing. I want to make sure if I spend 500-600 dollars on something, I'm not limiting myself and I'm getting my money's worth. Oh, and if it really ends up sucking again, that I can sell the phone to someone else.
    04-12-13 10:31 AM
    Maybe we could narrow the reboot issue down to place of manufacture. My STL100-4 was made in Canada. No reboot problems whatsoever.
    Nope. Mine is a STL100-4 that was made in Canada and it reboots at least daily. Exchanging today.
    04-12-13 10:31 AM
    After the OS update and my saved files finished loading, I didn't have a problem with battery at all. I had the reboots both before and after I started installing apps. My big problem was the hang-up in texting people. I even showed it to the Verizon person and he thought it was weird too. I made a thread about it and other people said they had the same issue. Maybe it was just the phone, but like I said before, not worth giving up unlimited data and my upgrade for 20 months. I'm now willing to take the step of purchasing it outright, but I'd like to save some money if possible, and make sure I can sell my phone to anyone when I'm done. That's why I want to know about the whole unlocking thing. I want to make sure if I spend 500-600 dollars on something, I'm not limiting myself and I'm getting my money's worth.
    I hear you fam, I never take a contract either for a subsidy. I bought my z10 outright from my carrier and got it unlocked it online. You should also consider the Q10 now since it's coming out real soon.
    04-12-13 10:35 AM
    When I go to retail stores and play with there demos it just feels different because they are still on the old OS.
    Thank you, whenever I go in a vzw store to play around and think I'm going to get one I get cold feet and don't because it just seems off somehow; maybe its because of this.
    04-12-13 10:35 AM
    Verizon z10 here, still having random reboots but after exchanging it I haven't had as many issues. Hopefully the software update in the bear future fixes these issues once and for all.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:39 AM
    Any idea if/when new Os will be out?
    04-12-13 10:40 AM
    Any idea if/when new Os will be out?
    "soon" HAHA!!!
    04-12-13 10:51 AM
    Month week or never ha
    04-12-13 10:56 AM
    Here's a thought, anyone who's having problems with the device: return the device, and don't make a thread about it. These forums aren't a bug tracking system, nor a place for your ego to feed its hunger for attention because you didn't like the product. Praising the device is equally stupid, we work together and solve what we can, that is the community.
    04-12-13 10:57 AM
    i returned my z10 last night. i liked the overall flow. i didnt like the hub. i didnt like the lack of apps, i didnt like the way it integrated with my car bluetooth. i have been a bb abuser since my 8700 and just feel i shouldnt have to make excuses or settle. every comment is "give it time, its new, they will get it and so on" why should i/we wait. what loyalties do we have to have. i couldnt get the z10 to push my email. my work servers dont have push. verizon was unable to get it to work. i have gone back to my bb bold, i dont expect anything on the app side with it and just love it for what it is. my expectations on my bold are not there, just its the best e-mail device out there. i/we waited for the z10 and i feel they missed. i say this after having it for 8 days. i just hope my bb bold last forever and i will be happy
    04-12-13 10:57 AM
    My texts send in under a second on my Verizon z10. Sorry to hear that you returned it.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:59 AM
    Here's a thought, anyone who's having problems with the device: return the device, and don't make a thread about it. These forums aren't a bug tracking system, nor a place for your ego to feed its hunger for attention because you didn't like the product. Praising the device is equally stupid, we work together and solve what we can, that is the community.
    Curious, how does a community work to "solve what we can" if people aren't reporting bugs.

Real life example of threads like this being useful: Me.
    I've been an AT&T subscriber for 16 years, and have been using BlackBerry since 2007 (8300, 8900, 9800, 9810, Z10). I'm not a BB fanboy. I went to BB because my firm forced me to. As other options disappeared, Android and iOS gained popularity, and BB added functionality, I learned to appreciate BB and now choose it over other options.

Based on plan options I wanted to switch to VZ and decided do it when the Z10 came out, or a few weeks later. I'm now near the end of my 14 day trial period as a new VZ account holder. Had I read more VZ specific threads (reboots, no software updates, etc), I would have held off starting my VZ trial. I would have waited to see if VZ updated in a reasonable amount of time and if that update solved the reboot problem. Now, I'm likely going to return my Z10 before Wednesday, and close my account. When I want to try again, I'll have to pay another $35 activation charge and go through all the credit checks and all the admin again.

Bottom line is more threads like this would have helped with my decision. In the end, it was my decision, but the more info and tools the better.
    04-12-13 11:08 AM
117 1234 ...