I mostly did it because I expect my phone not to take a minute to send a text message. (if it gets sent at all) And the random reboots, although those didn't really affect me that much, just annoyed me when the screen randomly flicked on when I was sitting at my desk. With all these problems, I just didn't feel I could "marry" the z10 for the next 20 months.

Good news is I got my unlimited data reinstated, but now I'm thinking about buying a Z10 outright, (i kind of miss it already) so I can keep my month-to-month contract, unlimited data and still have the option to upgrade to some future phone.

What's the difference between the verizon Z10 and the at&t z10? If I buy my verizon z10 in white, will it be unlocked if I buy it from Verizon? Is there anywhere you recommend buying a white z10 for around 500 dollars?

*edit* and then I bought a new one
    Last edited by OneofLittleHarmony; 04-13-13 at 03:28 AM.
    04-12-13 04:54 AM
    I have Verizon and my texts go fast for me. And as far as the re boots go why didn't you just swap it out for another one? Being such a new OS there will always be issues in the beginning there is no way around it!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:59 AM
    It seems that a lot of Americans Z10 are having the reboot issues. (don't quote me on that) OP try to buy one from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:03 AM
    I have Verizon and my texts go fast for me. And as far as the re boots go why didn't you just swap it out for another one? Being such a new OS there will always be issues in the beginning there is no way around it!

Posted via CB10
    With all these problems, I just didn't feel I could "marry" the z10 for the next 20 months.

Good news is I got my unlimited data reinstated, but now I'm thinking about buying a Z10 outright, (i kind of miss it already) so I can keep my month-to-month contract, unlimited data and still have the option to upgrade to some future phone.

What's the difference between the verizon Z10 and the at&t z10? If I buy my verizon z10 in white, will it be unlocked if I buy it from Verizon? Is there anywhere you recommend buying a white z10 for around 500 dollars?
    04-12-13 05:10 AM
    I mostly did it because I expect my phone not to take a minute to send a text message. (if it gets sent at all) And the random reboots, although those didn't really affect me that much, just annoyed me when the screen randomly flicked on when I was sitting at my desk. With all these problems, I just didn't feel I could "marry" the z10 for the next 20 months.

You will not be able to get an unlocked phone from somewhere else and use it on Verizon. The VZW Z10 is an STL100-4 model. AT&T and T-Mobile are STL100-3 (available from Amazon and Canada in white). You could go to T-Mobile and get unlimited everything (HotSpot will not be supported).

I've been using a Canadian white Z10 on T-Mobile and AT&T for 7 weeks. It has only once restarted when the battery got hot for some reason. Otherwise, it has been solid and performance for email and TXT is excellent.
    blkbeauti likes this.
    04-12-13 05:11 AM
    You will not be able to get an unlocked phone from somewhere else and use it on Verizon. The VZW Z10 is an STL100-4 model. AT&T and T-Mobile are STL100-3 (available from Amazon and Canada in white). You could go to T-Mobile and get unlimited everything (HotSpot will not be supported).

I've been using a Canadian white Z10 on T-Mobile and AT&T for 7 weeks. It has only once restarted when the battery got hot for some reason. Otherwise, it has been solid and performance for email and TXT is excellent.
    Unfortunately, Verizon is the only carrier in Montana with even a modicum of decent coverage outside of the major cities. My real question about the "unlocking" is if I buy a z10 at full price from Verizon, and go to Europe, can I use a european sim card? Could I buy a z10 from verizon and use it on Sprint?
    04-12-13 05:21 AM
    2 issues is all these issues?
    04-12-13 05:40 AM
    Unfortunately, Verizon is the only carrier in Montana with even a modicum of decent coverage outside of the major cities. My real question about the "unlocking" is if I buy a z10 at full price from Verizon, and go to Europe, can I use a european sim card? Could I buy a z10 from verizon and use it on Sprint?
    The Verizon Z10 is gsm unlocked, so yes, you can put in a European sin card and use it, I used a romanian sim card last week. You will not be able to use a Verizon phone on Sprint no matter what you do. Unless you know how to clone a sprint ESN into your Verizon Z10 but that might land you in jail

PIN 333AE4B3
    21stNow likes this.
    04-12-13 05:41 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I don't have any reboot issues, or slow to send texts. My battery life has gotten better, with each charge.

My issue with Verizon is their slowness to push updates. :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:50 AM
    It seems that a lot of Americans Z10 are having the reboot issues. (don't quote me on that) OP try to buy one from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    In support of that hypothesis although there are other things that I'm ticked off at, we have 3 Z10's in the house, we are in Canada and not one reboot.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and fsufan1200#CB like this.
    04-12-13 05:54 AM
    A lot of people are having issues with Verizon Z10's and have been getting replacements from them. I have one from AT&T and have had no reboots or any sort of problem in almost a month. Text messages are sent fast too.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-12-13 06:01 AM
    OP I don't believe you would have access to Verizon's LTE network if you bought an unlocked version.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-12-13 06:08 AM

My tmobile hot spot works just fine. I wanna say the rep told me it includes out spot. Normally, if you don't have hot spot, the phone won't even allow you to use the option or the devices connected won't load anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's because we got the better z10's. They got our sloppy seconds

Really though, did you Verizon get the latest OS yet or are you still working off the original version? The update was a massive difference to me. Having used BB for many years most updates you kind of think. Hmm that might be a bit quicker, that seems a bit better. The z10 was a holy **** that outstanding. When I go to retail stores and play with there demos it just feels different because they are still on the old OS.
    revtech likes this.
    04-12-13 06:19 AM
    My tmobile hot spot works just fine. I wanna say the rep told me it includes out spot. Normally, if you don't have hot spot, the phone won't even allow you to use the option or the devices connected won't load anything.

Posted via CB10
    If you have pre-paid unlimited data from T-Mobile you will not have HotSpot. However, you can get pre-paid bucketed account and HotSpot will work. I don't know about post paid options on T-Mobile.
    04-12-13 06:24 AM
    Im on tmobile. I was gonna ask that. Before on my 9900 it would tell me that it needed to add wifi hotspot. Now i set up my password and it worked find. I check my account and i dont see anything saying that i have hotspot included.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:28 AM
    Same here. I purchased the Z10 on release day at Verizon. Tried for a week. The Phone is great looking and feeling. Just lack of apps I use everyday, poor battery and reboot issues... caused me to return. I will give BlackBerry another try in a year or so. Maybe it will be better. I've been a huge BlackBerry fan for years, when I went to return the Z10 to Verizon Store; the guy said to the other sales rep - "Ah, not another BlackBerry return!" So I take it, there had been a few.
    04-12-13 07:09 AM
    Same here. I purchased the Z10 on release day at Verizon. Tried for a week. The Phone is great looking and feeling. Just lack of apps I use everyday, poor battery and reboot issues... caused me to return. I will give BlackBerry another try in a year or so. Maybe it will be better. I've been a huge BlackBerry fan for years, when I went to return the Z10 to Verizon Store; the guy said to the other sales rep - "Ah, not another BlackBerry return!" So I take it, there had been a few.
    This is what kills a relationship with carriers esp when they already hated bb because of returns.
    04-12-13 07:15 AM
    Have a verizon, never a reboot, texts go through fine, battery is now lastign all day plus some and data has settled out after a wipe. Must have had a bad app causing data issue.
    04-12-13 07:25 AM
    In support of that hypothesis although there are other things that I'm ticked off at, we have 3 Z10's in the house, we are in Canada and not one reboot.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    woops i meant to say was american Z10s
    04-12-13 07:41 AM
    These reboots are weird why do some get them and some do not?
    04-12-13 07:41 AM
    When you have a product that's so mass produced globally in a relative short time frame there is always going to be hiccups, hence why the ELF & DOA policies are in place for the carriers

Posted via Telstra Z10 on CB10
    04-12-13 07:44 AM
    I hear you OP. I have until Tuesday to return mine and probably will.

I get at least one reboot a day, usually two or three. BlackBerry Travel has a major calendar issue, BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing, though now baked in, is missing a job functionality, and the lack of profile customization is driving me crazy.

I'm concerned that even if BlackBerry releases updates to fix the issues, Verizon won't. It has really become a "Show Me" first then I'll believe you situation.

Posted via CB10
    Sudden_Berry likes this.
    04-12-13 08:00 AM
    Here's my gripe. VZW is aware that their Z10 is out of date. It seems as if they aren't even trying to upgrade to the latest.

But yet, they see people like the OP returning the phone. For them to say that they care and behind BlackBerry seems to be a joke.

Granted, I don't know the complexities of rolling out the latest update but this is ridiculous. I'm too sick of the random reboots and app restrictions.

It seems that BlackBerry made a bad deal by letting the carriers control the updates and THIS may become the death of them, not the apps and lack of features.

Posted via CB10
    Alphax45 likes this.
    04-12-13 08:11 AM
    Maybe we could narrow the reboot issue down to place of manufacture. My STL100-4 was made in Canada. No reboot problems whatsoever.
    rickcox likes this.
    04-12-13 08:16 AM
117 123 ...