I've been a loyal BlackBerry user and fan for many years now. My wife has had a lot of issues with the Q10 I bought her the day they came out. She was a fan for several years before that. Nothing but problems and sending it for repairs that never worked. I still have great service and no issues with my Zed 10.
    So my 17 year old son is graduating this month and I took him to get a new phone. He dirt bikes and rides his quad and does a lot of rugged stuff and is not too kind to his phone, so he needed a waterproof and shock proof/dust proof phone. BlackBerry has nothing like this so I got him that water resistant Samsung. S5 active model. The wife wanted a new phone because of the history with the q10. My son, her and I went to the store and I showed her the leap and when she compared it with my son's new one.....well even I couldn't believe how disappointed I was with the Leap. Wow
    BlackBerry has certainly fallen down and missed the boat. The leap is the newest full screen phone they have and it is so inferior th the S5 I was shocked. The wife has always been a Blackberry user but told me to get her the Samsung S5 active. I can't say I'm surprised. I'm sticking with my Z10 for now but I'm starting to loose faith in the company I have supported for many years. Come on BlackBerry please get it together. I never thought I would be so disappointed in your lack of innovation. Wow.

Beamed via my Z10.
    06-04-15 12:53 AM
    U have to wait and see how lagging are the s5 after a while, not just s5 all android phones are the same

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    06-04-15 01:00 AM
    My son claims there is a workaround for that. I was more leaning towards the fact it was water resistant and tougher than the leap. I sadly lost my torch to a gold fish burial device, you know the white porcelain one. That's how my love affair with the Z10 started. If blackberry came up with a water resistant and shockproof as well as more powerful Z10 like phone I'm sure my wife and myself would be doing a great happy dance. I'm going to keep my wife anyway though.

Beamed via my Z10.
    06-04-15 01:11 AM
    Well the Leap wasn't exactly built to win against other devices, but to appeal to a certain audience, as with the Z3 and the Q5. Only made for certain audiences.

The beauty of BlackBerry 10 is not that the devices are speed demons, but that the OS is smooth. I don't exactly blame them for having lower than par specs, because BlackBerry 10 is still a developing software, being only about three years old after public release, and so things just keep getting better and faster.

Guess it's just a waiting game for most of us.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.798
    06-04-15 01:57 AM
    I think the title should be bit more descriptive.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 02:13 AM
    As far as I have understood the matter, Leap was made for companies in the first place. The advantage of BlackBerry mobile "smart" phones is their outstanding security. If a company decides to use BlackBerry security system - as for instance the government of Germany recently did - BlackBerry now has a good phone to offer which meets all modern security demands without being too expensive. This is important as a company would order tens if not hundreds of them. For this purpose the Leap has been made. It fits into this even better than the Z10, because the latter has some more features than the Leap which you - however - don't need at your place of work. So the Leap is neither BlackBerry's flagship, this is still the passport, nor is it an Android playing machine. It's just a phone for companies, which you can use in your daily private life of course too.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 12:19 PM
    All you would have had to do would be read the specs for the Leap and better understand what it is before buying it. It is a basic entry level phone. It wasn't made to compete with the S5 or or even an older phone like the Z10.
    ppeters914 and anon(8050899) like this.
    06-04-15 10:06 PM
    U have to wait and see how lagging are the s5 after a while, not just s5 all android phones are the same

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    This. I'm not going to compare the Leap to the S5 Active though because the Leap was never intended to be a flagship device for BlackBerry. That would be the Passport.

My best friend has the S5 Active. It has become extremely slow and I'm tired of him having to top off his phone every time we go somewhere. With the Passport, I can leave the house for a night out with 20% battery life while his phone would be dead in an hour. The batteries aren't the same on both so not a fair comparison though.

I can say that his battery life used to be fine; lasting through the day. The device used to be pretty snappy. Now it's absolutely terrible. He has an app for this and that to force close apps that randomly start and just a bunch of nonsense that is already baked into BlackBerry 10. He has to go through his device multiple times a day killing apps and trying to force close whatever.

He's constantly making excuses as to why he needs all these third party apps to clean the system out constantly. I guess that's the workaround you are referring to.

As for the battery, I don't know if it's the phone or the battery, but have never seen battery life deteriorate that fast. The funny thing is that in another thread I wrote that if BlackBerry stopped making hardware and shut all of our phones off that I'd wait and get the S6 Active; ironic huh.

As for build, the S5 feels like cheap plastic and the S6/Edge feels delicate like the iPhone. Don't like putting my devices in cases and both the S6 and iPhone feel like the screen will crack if I drop it. Unimpressed with both. I believe you got the Active which does have a more solid feel.

Your only point that many here would likely agree with is that BlackBerry needs a new all touch flagship for all of us on the Z10 and Z30. The Z30 is far superior to the S5 in my opinion so maybe that could have been a better option.

Comparing a new fleet phone from BlackBerry that sells for $200 off contract to Samsung's flagship from last year is flawed from the start.

As far as innovation, BlackBerry 10 OS and the Passport all show BlackBerry is still pushing the boundaries with their devices and innovating with their software (while Android and Apple quietly steal bits and pieces and incorporate them into their new software).

Not bad for a company that was almost bankrupt not that long ago.

Posted via CB10
    mefretwell and anon(8050899) like this.
    06-05-15 12:37 AM