Hello all,

i've been stuck with following problem and i think i tried it all : my Z10 USB doesn't work correctly.
    When i bought it, i could connect the phone through the cable to the computer, was it a linux or a windows.
    i also could see the fake cd rom mounting, or i could activate the usb mass mode.

But after a time, it all stopped working, and i'm really missing it !

When i reboot my phone having plugged the cable to my windows box, i can hear the famous "usb mounted noise". i see that a blackberry has been detected, but after a couple of seconds, it then gets disconnected.
    - i changed the phone usb settings to autodetect, windows, or mac, with no luck
    - i tried it in flight mode
    - i rebooted the phone and the computer several times, no luck
    - i installed blackberry link, no luck, then rebooted both devices, then again no luck
    - i tried to reset the phone to factory settings, no luck
    - i finally could reload the full firmware through BB link, but i then have the same problem

USB is only visible a few seconds when rebooting, and then it disappears ...

Do you guys have an idea ? is it a known problem ?
    Thanks !!!
    09-16-13 06:29 AM
    Hello all,

i've been stuck with following problem and i think i tried it all : my Z10 USB doesn't work correctly.
    When i bought it, i could connect the phone through the cable to the computer, was it a linux or a windows.
    i also could see the fake cd rom mounting, or i could activate the usb mass mode.

But after a time, it all stopped working, and i'm really missing it !

When i reboot my phone having plugged the cable to my windows box, i can hear the famous "usb mounted noise". i see that a blackberry has been detected, but after a couple of seconds, it then gets disconnected.
    - i changed the phone usb settings to autodetect, windows, or mac, with no luck
    - i tried it in flight mode
    - i rebooted the phone and the computer several times, no luck
    - i installed blackberry link, no luck, then rebooted both devices, then again no luck
    - i tried to reset the phone to factory settings, no luck
    - i finally could reload the full firmware through BB link, but i then have the same problem

USB is only visible a few seconds when rebooting, and then it disappears ...

Do you guys have an idea ? is it a known problem ?
    Thanks !!!
    Try Uninstalling Link --> Restart --> Install Link --> Restart --> Connect!
    09-16-13 06:33 AM
    Thanks amiitoj, i tried that too ...
    09-16-13 06:44 AM
    A different cable cured that exact problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4099613) likes this.
    09-16-13 06:54 AM
    That's right, i didn't mention that point :
    it used to work with the official BB cable furnished with the z10, but also with a nokia cable.
    Today, none of them work ....
    09-16-13 07:01 AM
    Does the phone still charge OK through the USB port?

If so, but the "data" connection seems bad:
    Try gently moving the cable plug at the phone.
    Put a little pressure on one side, wait to see if the computer and phone "see" the connection correctly, if not try another angle.
    If the connection appears while you have the plug tweaked a bit, then I would suspect the phone is damaged, as in the socket, especially if you can repeat the issue with several USB data cables.
    The micro-mini USB socket is fairly easy to damage.

I had a Storm 1 where the phone would charge fine, but the data connection refused to work. One of the "pins" on the tab inside of the USB socket had peeled off.
    09-16-13 07:08 AM
    Hello DaFoxGrey, thank you for your idea !
    But i do not suspect a material issue : the phone is charging correctly via usb.
    Also with the cable plugged "normally", windows is seeing it. but only when the phone is rebooting ! and only a few seconds.
    Namely using BBlink i was able to reflash the device this morning.
    Therefore i suspect this is a software issue.
    But as i have the same behaviour with my linux and with my windows box, i think it comes from the Z10 ...

Edit : i tried your approach, but was not able to have windows make the "usb detected" noise.
    Edit 2 : when i reboot the device, windows sees it, without me having to move the cable....
    09-16-13 07:17 AM
    I have the exact same issue with my device.
    Including an error message to use the wire that came with the device. Which I am.

I have to now right click the BlackBerry device manager in my task bar. Click properties. And then manually mount the storage ( internal and external) in order to access the files.

My device also charges when plugged in but doesn't auto mount like it used to. Also followed the same steps as the op.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-16-13 09:05 AM
    I want to see your answer as a good news : I'm not the only one with this issue
    09-16-13 09:39 AM
    Just wait and it should work after a few minutes.
    For me, the case of connection issues was the BlackBerry driver - if that is removed and then reinstalled the connection is established quicker - whyever.

In Windows 7/Vista:
    Device Manager -> find the BlackBerry -> uninstall
    Remove and reconnect BlackBerry - if it is not picked up as a new device and the boss searches for a driver, click the scan for changed hardware button.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:23 AM
    Nice trick too, I read about it.
    But the case is that when the phone is plugged, windows doesn't see it. Thus I cannot uninstall any driver from the device manager ...
    09-16-13 10:33 AM
    Nice trick too, I read about it.
    But the case is that when the phone is plugged, windows doesn't see it. Thus I cannot uninstall any driver from the device manager ...
    If you heat the sound, windows must have recognised something was plugged in.
    You have definitely checked all hardware in the device manager?
    If the phone plugs in and that's it maybe click the search for changed hardware button?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:00 AM
    I find the BlackBerry Link software leaves quite a few artifacts running in the background when you shut it down. Try launching your task manager and killing every BlackBerry/RIM process you see running. Then reconnect the phone, check to see if the drive has mounted. If not, launch BB Link and check again. I had similar issues and this helped. Good luck!
    09-16-13 11:10 AM
    If you heat the sound, windows must have recognised something was plugged in.
    You have definitely checked all hardware in the device manager?
    If the phone plugs in and that's it maybe click the search for changed hardware button?
    The fact is that i do not hear any sound. Windows doest not see anything, including refreshing hardware...

I find the BlackBerry Link software leaves quite a few artifacts running in the background when you shut it down. Try launching your task manager and killing every BlackBerry/RIM process you see running. Then reconnect the phone, check to see if the drive has mounted. If not, launch BB Link and check again. I had similar issues and this helped. Good luck!
    Nice idea too ! But didn't work for me : i have no BB process, but still no connection.

Again, what surprises me is that usb is seen when rebooting : i could reload software with BBlink. So it seems to me that hardware is OK !
    Did i miss some option ?
    09-17-13 02:07 AM
    Sounds like Windows registry may be corrupted...try CCleaner to fix registry. Free download.

Trusted Member
    09-17-13 02:27 AM
    Sounds like Windows registry may be corrupted...try CCleaner to fix registry. Free download.
    Just tried it : didn't work either ...
    09-17-13 03:00 AM
    The fact is that i do not hear any sound. Windows doest not see anything, including refreshing hardware...

Nice idea too ! But didn't work for me : i have no BB process, but still no connection.

Again, what surprises me is that usb is seen when rebooting : i could reload software with BBlink. So it seems to me that hardware is OK !
    Did i miss some option ?
    If it sees it after a reboot (of the OS i guess) and then no longer does, I guess the driver is at fault. Reboot, plug in - when seen, remove driver and let windows reinstall it.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:10 AM
    I bet you are running a 10.2 leak on a STL100-2?

Exact same thing is happening to me. I've tried both in Windows and Linux and it constantly connects and disconnects. If I turn the phone off and connect to the computer though in either OS it will charge quite fine.

You get this repeatedly in the log:

Code:
    [14714.604249] usb 2-1.3: USB disconnect, device number 35
    [14720.690920] usb 2-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 36 using ehci-pci
    [14720.791420] usb 2-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=0fca, idProduct=0001
    [14720.791425] usb 2-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [14720.791429] usb 2-1.3: Product: BlackBerry
    [14720.791431] usb 2-1.3: Manufacturer: Research In Motion
    [14732.523691] usb 2-1.3: USB disconnect, device number 36
    [16738.159170] usb 2-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 37 using ehci-pci
    [16738.260040] usb 2-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=0fca, idProduct=0001
    [16738.260045] usb 2-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [16738.260049] usb 2-1.3: Product: BlackBerry
    [16738.260051] usb 2-1.3: Manufacturer: Research In Motion
    [16749.994133] usb 2-1.3: USB disconnect, device number 37
    I've not found a fix yet. Still checking, but it's definitely caused by the 10.2 leaks. If I go back to the approved 10.1 O2 release for my phone it behaves.
    09-17-13 03:14 AM
    Thank you DetlevCM for your suggestions.
    But as I said, windows doest not see it ! I have no driver to remove, and when i plug it, there is nothing happening.

This "usb plugged" sound is when i reboot the phone : screen is all black, with blackberry written. Windows sees it during an couple of seconds, and it then gets disconnected before the phone's OS has completely loaded.

This is driving me crazy ! ...
    I have a question for you : when you activate the "usb mass storage mode" in the settings, and you then plug it to a computer, you have something happening ?
    09-17-13 03:20 AM
    I bet you are running a 10.2 leak on a STL100-2?
    Hello.
    No, i'm not using a leaked OS : i'm with the official 10.1.0.4181 that i just reloaded with blackberry link.
    But yes, those are the messages i see with my linux, though i only see it once if i reboot the phone, while plugged to the computer.
    09-17-13 03:24 AM
    Thank you DetlevCM for your suggestions.
    But as I said, windows doest not see it ! I have no driver to remove, and when i plug it, there is nothing happening.

This "usb plugged" sound is when i reboot the phone : screen is all black, with blackberry written. Windows sees it during an couple of seconds, and it then gets disconnected before the phone's OS has completely loaded.

This is driving me crazy ! ...
    I have a question for you : when you activate the "usb mass storage mode" in the settings, and you then plug it to a computer, you have something happening ?
    And that time is not sufficient? Maybe show hidden devices? Does that show drivers for unplugged hardware?
    I would suggest you uninstall the BlackBerry driver - because I suspect it is at fault.

As to mass storage:
    If i activate that, my phone keys the microSD card act like flash drive. I believe the microSD card is essential for the function to work.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 05:36 AM
    Have you tried the phone on a completely different computer?
    09-17-13 06:17 AM
    I tried without the SD card: i do not have the mass storage option.
    but it behaves the same way.
    I tried to uninstall the driver during that short time it gets up at phone starting. At next boot, it then gets re installed. But same : phone is like unplugged after a couple of seconds even if i don't touch anything !
    An d yes, i now have tried 6 computers, with the same results ...
    09-17-13 06:58 AM
    Hello.
    No, i'm not using a leaked OS : i'm with the official 10.1.0.4181 that i just reloaded with blackberry link.
    But yes, those are the messages i see with my linux, though i only see it once if i reboot the phone, while plugged to the computer.
    @zupert
    Let me ask you first
    1. Have you plugged your usb with the same time?
    2. Have you installed drivers so many time into the same usb ports that you always use it?
    3. How you reflash the phone? (from bblink or Autoload?)
    4. Does your phone storage has so many data (include media, apps, etc approximately from 100% until your free storage become low no more than 2MB)
    5. Do you backup your data using bblink? (except media and apps just only settings backup options, about media you can do manually backup and about apps just leave it)
    6. Do you wiped your device before do reflash device?

Posted via Q10 - Currently running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1445 Beta
    09-17-13 07:21 AM
    Thank you saotome for you interest and your questions !
    Here my answers :
    @zupert
    Let me ask you first
    1. Have you plugged your usb with the same time?
    What do you mean by "with the same time" ?
    2. Have you installed drivers so many time into the same usb ports that you always use it?
    After i installed BB link, i tried to plug to phone into every USB port, but with no luck : it's always the same.
    3. How you reflash the phone? (from bblink or Autoload?)
    Yes, i reflashed it using BBLink.
    Loading was successfull, but neither did it change something.
    4. Does your phone storage has so many data (include media, apps, etc approximately from 100% until your free storage become low no more than 2MB)
    My phone storage is almost empty : recently reflashed. And my sd card too.
    5. Do you backup your data using bblink? (except media and apps just only settings backup options, about media you can do manually backup and about apps just leave it)
    I didnt backup anything. But i dont care : i already lost everything when i reflashed yesterday.
    6. Do you wiped your device before do reflash device?
    No, i didn't. Do you think i should try this ?
    09-17-13 08:09 AM
52 123