I have a mystery on a refurbished z10 I just got from Tmobile. I powered on device after getting her put together and it loaded right to the z10 home screen no initial setup. So I thought no biggie must have been set up to test it where it was a refurb, so I did a factory reset and then powered it on again. Again it skipped the initial setup screen where you agree to blackberry terms set up a wifi and bb id etc. HMM.

I notice the version is 10.1.0.4780. So connected to bb link and did update to 4200, still no change. I did another security wipe and loaded leaked os that i have on my Verizon z10 and still no initial setup screen. Also to note when the phone is on bb loading screen loading up I have a blue led that stays on until phone is loaded on z10 home screen.

When the phone is done loading after a reset the mobile network is off and the timezone is set to reykjavik. So is this phone screwy and should I send it back or is it normal? I know my vz z10 when it is reset it has no blue led and it always does initial setup screen. Anyone else had similar issue with a fix? The blue led thing while loading seems odd to me also. HeLP!
    12-25-13 12:29 AM
    Send it back. It should always show a start up screen when you first boot even if it is a refurb. Try a leak and if it doesn't show a setup, reset it and send it back. I agree that something is screwy.
    joel9799 likes this.
    12-25-13 01:28 AM
    It might have been a "used, not pleased, returned" phone... return it too, say it is faulty!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    joel9799 likes this.
    12-25-13 01:34 AM
    That's what I am thinking too. Tried several wipes, resets. Installed 1260 leak and still no setup screen. Its just a bummer cause I was trying to show my wife how awesome the z10 is compared to her iPhone. This is not a good start lol. Still welcome any other feedback too that might explain blue led during startup and no initial setup screen? Any BB devs or techs?
    12-25-13 01:34 AM
    Ok so I sent for another refurbished phone and when the new phone came it also has the blue led during startup and bypasses the setup screen. What Gives!!!!! Is this something blackberry does with refurbished phones making them skip the setup screen on first boot?? Tried installing a leak and restoring software everything still no setup on initial boot.
    12-30-13 03:11 PM
    Note! No matter what, it should show a start up prompt!! Time to start to get a bit annoyed with who you are getting these from! Haha
    12-30-13 03:14 PM
    Not sure about that but could this be the retailer demo mode?
    You could have a look at settings - screen - advanced

Don't know but worth a look

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    joel9799 likes this.
    12-30-13 03:26 PM
    This start up you are looking for is it the whole tutorial you would get initially? Setting up accounts, wifi, gestures and such? I've only seen it once when I 1st bought my phone and never again, and I was one of those that had the random reboots of a few months ago so what I'm saying is that I would not expect it from a refurbished phone. If it works fine otherwise than why worry about it?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:44 PM
    Yes it's the initial startup with setting up accounts wifi, gestures etc as you said. You will only normally see it once or if you reset or wipe your phone. I normally wouldn't care but where its for my wife I wanted her to go through the tutorials so she could see how to do stuff herself. Plus it just seems odd that both these phones skip these steps and are refurbished from Tmobile USA. I can't imagine how they disable that standard prompt and makes me wonder if the phone is faulty or acting improperly. I just don't want to get stuck with a lemon or a glitchy phone. The fact that this is the second device I have received that does this makes me wonder if it's a setting but I can't find it and it always shows a blue led when starting up which doesn't happen on my verizon z10. Also after a wipe or installing an os it restarts with mobile network off.
    cantina4me likes this.
    12-30-13 10:27 PM
    I was wondering that too but didn't know where to look for it thanks. Checked but that is not it either
    12-30-13 10:27 PM
    There directly from Tmobile USA as refurbished z10s. But its almost like the part of the hard drive that has that info for the setup has been wiped and even reloading the os or installing a leak with autoloader does not bring it back. I am almost tempted to call blackberry support but don't know if they'll understand what I'm talking about where it might be from how ever TMobile is refurbishing them.
    12-30-13 10:31 PM
    Well if all you need is the tutorial it should have it's own icon which you/her can launch whenever you like...if you don't see it try typing it in the search window and see if it pops up. If it is nowhere to be found then i would call t-mobile as it could be it may have gotten deleted during the refurbishing...calling blackberry for what is likely a t-mobile problem won't do you any good as they will tell you to call t-mobile 1st so they can assign you a ticket number before they transfer you to blackberry cust. serv....(went through it about 4 times with them.)

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:27 AM