wondering if anyone else has seen something similar yet. Basically i got a sms notification, I check it out, showing its from my brother but the content of the message doesn't make sense to be coming from him. Reads more like it is my boss texting me (aviation related, regarding upcoming flights). I reply to my boss and indeed he had just sent that message. weird eh... and the text never moved over from my brother to my boss, still shows amongst the conversation with my bro. Incidentally he was the last person I texted with last night, so maybe the phone got confused momentarily? any precedent with this?
    02-12-13 11:07 PM
    Yep! I've had exactly the same issue a couple of times now. As you say, it catches you out for a while, doesn't it? Hopefully, it'll be addressed in an update soon as I can't afford for that to keep happening.
    02-12-13 11:37 PM
    Ive had something similar happen to me. I received a text from my girlfriend (my fone died) and when i opened my phone and checked my sms it showed that i had sent her a message bt in fact that message was intended to be sent to me by her.

I know it sounds confusing but basically the text was shown as sent from the wrong sender.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 11:43 PM
    Just happened to me. From an employee said my wife!

02-12-13 11:49 PM
    Just a thought. I'm on Rogers what about you?

02-12-13 11:50 PM
    I'm Telus.. glad i'm not alone with this though, pretty spooky event. Is it pretty random for you all so far? For me its only happened the once so I don't have any trend to work with
    02-13-13 12:25 AM
    Just once.

02-13-13 12:46 AM
    Once for me. Im on telus btw.

02-13-13 07:02 AM
    Same here. Text received by X and shown up under Y.

Also received text shown as outgoing. This instance happened when my phone died as well.

Both cases only happened one time.

02-13-13 07:10 AM
    Same problem here -- its a ridiculous bug !

i am getting messages and either the sender or recipient is incorrect

needs to be sorted out with some urgency!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-13-13 10:02 AM
    Yup, this has been happening on my friend's Z10 a few times as well. I advised her to reboot. We'll be keeping an eye on it.
    02-16-13 06:01 PM
    That's a serious bug and I've never experienced anything like it on any other phone from any other company.

There's potential for it to cause some serious damage, even security issues if your replying to somebody else due to contact mix up.

So far I've only had one instance where the incoming message showed "Me" as the sender.

02-16-13 06:19 PM
    This happened once to me as well. Happened about 5 days and not again since. I'm with Telus

02-16-13 06:29 PM
    I haven't had this happen on my Z10 - but i recall a few people having this issue in the playbook forum when the 2.0 update through and you could text over bridge. From what I recall of the thread people found that if they had any special characters in their contact's number field that seemed to cause some weird problems - this includes any unintended spaces. I was never clear if it meant dashes but i went through all my contacts anyway and reduced the phone numbers to just numbers. I've never had the problem - and it seemed to fix the issue where the active conversation wasn't showing up on the 'top' of the list of conversations.

It's a little disturbing if it's the same bug -because it was a known issue with the playbook bridge texts.

Found the pb thread - might not be exactly the problem

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-solved-748334
    Last edited by Vorkosigan; 02-16-13 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Found the link
    02-16-13 06:34 PM
    This happened to me one time also.. Not since.
    02-16-13 06:51 PM
    Just wanted to confirm that this has happened again on a Rogers Z10. A message that was sent from contact A ended up showing as being received by contact B, C, and D.

This might have something to do with poor reception, but either way it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

A secondary problem also appeared at the same time, where text messages sent from the phone right after this happened would show as "failed to send" even though the contact received them. So both the phone and the user resends the messages a few times, leading to duplicate texts being sent over and over again, never showing as successful to the Z10.
    02-17-13 12:29 PM
    BB10 sms messages display from wrong contact.

This has happened to me five times. I restarted two days ago and it hasn't seemed to happen again, but how would I really know?
    BB user for 7 years and this is the only issue I have ever posted about. very concerned.
    02-17-13 07:37 PM
    Has happened to me twice. Also have had messages that are from contact which show being sent From me to them. In both cases I had been texting multiple people at the same time and my phone died From lack of battery. I think the badly handled messages were all sent after the phone had died but before I had recharged it, although I can't confirm that.

Hope this gets fixed as it could be a privacy concern and embarrassing in certain contexts.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 07:46 PM
    Happened to me too, Bell network. Definitely a bug.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 09:15 PM
    I had the same problem on my playbook via bridge. The solution was to remove the extra characters from the problematic contact's telephone number and only keep the text.
    02-17-13 09:20 PM
    I had the same problem on my playbook via bridge. The solution was to remove the extra characters from the problematic contact's telephone number and only keep the text.
    I don't know if it's the same problem as the PlayBook because I've checked the contacts and they don't have any special characters from the telephone numbers.

This problem actually got so bad now that it's nearly impossible to trust who a text is coming from.

Believe it or not, I have now asked my contacts to prefix their texts with their names (e.g. "Raffi: Contents of text") just until we figure out what's going on. Consistently, even for entire conversations, the messages will come from almost everyone on my contact list except the actual contact himself.

HUGE problem, and given that it's only happening to a handful of us, I'm not even certain if it's a hardware or software problem. It only started after exchanging the Z10 for a new one after the first one had screen issues.
    02-19-13 05:45 PM
    I have had this happen once on my Z10, and multiple times on the PB when using bridged SMS
    02-19-13 05:56 PM
    I noticed another problem today that i realised has happend more than once. Sometimes i write up a text message and i send it, it will send but keep the same message in the box where you type your message then when i press send again it wont send until i exit the app in the hub, go somewere else for example my emails.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 07:33 PM
    I have a similar issue. My txt messages appear fine in the hub. Sent and received from the right person but when I touch their name at the top to edit their information it brings up a different contact.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 08:22 PM
    Ive had something similar happen to me. I received a text from my girlfriend (my fone died) and when i opened my phone and checked my sms it showed that i had sent her a message bt in fact that message was intended to be sent to me by her.

I know it sounds confusing but basically the text was shown as sent from the wrong sender.

Had the Exact same thing happen to me.. I received a longgg msg from the gf and the second msg came through as it normally would (listed under her name in the convo) and I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, then I noticed the previous msg that I had sent wasn't actually the msg I wrote, but it was the initial part of her second msg listed as being sent by me.. So weird.
    02-20-13 12:25 PM
45 12