Hey guys,

I'm a longtime webOS fanatic. I owned the Pre, a Pre2, and then the HP Pre3. It broke my heart to have to switch to Android, which is inferior in every way from a usability standpoint. I enjoy the app market, but honestly don't really play any of the terrible, overpriced (even at $1.00) games on the Play store.

The only apps I really use are Teamviewer (for my IT business), Google Play Music, GroupMe, Feedly, and SnapChat. Out of those, I REALLY want to keep TeamViewer, GroupMe (for work), and Google Play. The other two I can lose or replace. But I heard the chatter about sideloading...

I work at a Verizon store, and play with the Z10 every day. It's intuitive, sleek, and I love the way that multitasking is handled in comparison with Android. It reminds me of webOS.

I hate Android, and despite the beautiful hardware of the Nexus4, I'm ready to jump ship to the Z10.

Any thoughts from other former webOS users, and current BB10 sideloaders? Sell me on it!
    Korepab likes this.
    07-06-13 12:19 PM
    Hey there. Welcome As you know, BB10 does not have that many apps YET! But there are some third party options for you for two of the apps you mentioned.

1) For Google Play Music, you can try Go Music. The threads on this app where you can reach the developer are here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-soon-793332/

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ilable-793589/

2) For Feedly, there is this option. Note that this is the only app in BB World at the moment to support this new Feedly service. I have this app myself and personally, I find it great. The thread can be found here,

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...esting-767030/

If you have any issues, you can take it up with the developers, they are pretty responsive. Hope you enjoy your potential new BB10 phone. BB10 is a great platform I feel that can grow so much. Being an early adopter sucks, but I think if you choose to go through this, it will be quite a good experience.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-06-13 12:38 PM
    From my personal opinion I believe the Z10, took the swipe, and multitasking to a new level compared to Web OS. I loved webos and it was the best thing when it comes to ease of use and functionality. However the Z10 or BB10 is diffently the next progress of what Web OS would be if it was still available. First, the card idea is much better because you have 4 cards in one screen which is better than one card or a stack of cards. The cards are active which means they display useful information with out going back to the app. The apps are a quick swipe away instead of being in an app drawer. Settings is stream lined and similar to webos. The hub is a major improvement compared to Web OS synergy. The only thing that Web OS is better is the bottom actionable notification.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:03 PM
    I had a Pre way back when webOS got started and I loved it as well. The things that make the Z10 really cool remind me of WebOS, well except for the hub of course. The hub alone should hook you on this device.

Posted via CB10
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    07-06-13 01:23 PM
    I had a Pre way back when webOS got started and I loved it as well. The things that make the Z10 really cool remind me of WebOS, well except for the hub of course. The hub alone should hook you on this device.

Posted via CB10
    Is BBHub something like Synergy? I like how it's accessible from within any app (if I've figured it out correctly) and provides instant access to messaging and whatnot. How do notifications work on BB10?
    07-06-13 03:32 PM
    the hub is like synergy but better! You have complete access to hub from ANYWHERE. And the Notifications are very good. 10.2 is going to have some new banner thing pop up too.

Hope you had fun with android but you should have gotten a BB 9810 It blows Pre 3 away but it wasnt webOS. BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - BlackBerry 10 Touch Phone - US
    07-06-13 04:00 PM
    I was never a fan of the classic BlackBerry operating system or hardware design. I probably shouldn't say that here though! BB10 was the renaissance that Waterloo needed.
    07-07-13 04:14 PM
    Well l love the Z10 and I'm a previous owner of a Pre, Pre, and HP Pre and this is the closest to webOS there is. The only disappointing thing is the update scenario and I'm use to it back in my webOS days where you were just waiting for that update, especially for Pre2 with Touchpad which never came so I ended up getting the Pre3. So if you don't mind waiting for updates get it!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using CB Forums mobile app
    07-07-13 07:45 PM
    I'm one who had the original Palm Pre who switched to Android after Webos demise (big mistake). And I can honestly say BlackBerry 10 has been great. My Z10 has given me everything I missed with my Pre and then some with the hub!! My suggestion for any former Webos user give BlackBerry 10 a try, you will love it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 02:21 PM
    Today I received an email about registering my WEB OS cloud account to continue my access to their store. I had a tear in my eye..RIP Web OS I miss you

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 01:38 PM
    Closing an app wth one swipe, and the notifications were two things I liked about WebOS. I was seriously bummed when the whole Pre3 went down the drain. But I am very happy with the Z10. Giving demos to everyone.

Oh, and the slider form factor is my favorite.
    Last edited by lactose; 07-09-13 at 03:16 PM. Reason: idea
    07-09-13 03:11 PM
    My only experience with webOS was when I bought a TouchPad during the firesale, but I remember that the OS was fantastic and preferred it to my other Android tablet. The only issue was the big lack of apps which really killed the experience for me. BB10 definitely reminds me of how the TouchPad felt while using it, but takes it to a whole new level especially with the Hub, gestures and app selection. I left a Nexus S for the Z10 and have not looked back, I love the thing
    07-09-13 04:16 PM