This will be extremely helpful!!
    i'm sure all the CB team will benefit from this, as well as all CB members!
    04-02-13 04:35 PM
    I agree this would be very useful

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 04:56 PM
    Do you know how bad regular screen recording apps tax a PC's CPU? Now, imagine trying to run that on a phone. It would slow everything down to a crawl. The screen sharing on BBM isn't actually recording the screen btw, it's more clever than that to optimize CPU and bandwidth usage. It appears to be drawing the various on screen elements on the other person's screen and manipulating them based on the sharing party's input. It isn't actually a video playing.
    der_mit likes this.
    04-02-13 05:11 PM
    I have been thinking this, as we have screen share now in BBM, there has to be some video output render occurring. I would personally love to see wifi screen share through dlna to a big screen....

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-02-13 05:21 PM
    Sharing a screen is nothing compared to recording a period of time in a resolution that is easily viewable. Not easy at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 05:24 PM
    I really doubt there will ever be a direct way because of the resources needed.
    But, a couple of years ago I got myself a Haupaugge HD PVR and it works amazingly with the Zed. It's a pretty expensive solution if you ask me, but I already had it, so it wasn't a problem.
    04-02-13 05:30 PM
    ...U guys do know these recording apps are available everywhere for iOS & Android..

The Android one is called screen cast if I'm not mistaken

So yes it is possible and quite easy if those idiots can make one, surely BlackBerry can..

The possibilities are endless..
    Record your playing a game..
    Give detailed instructions on how to operate the phone.
    Give feedback and suggestions for upgrades.

Recording what's on your screen and transferring it to a avi or other video format..
    Wow.. just wow.. just thinking about it makes me wanna get an android.. and I freaking hate androids and iPhone..

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:16 PM
    I've used screen cast and it literally sucked. And that's being kind. Battery was brutally drained and the quality was awful.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:09 PM
    I'll have to try this, but I have a dvd recorder with HDMI input. I would think it would be simple to attach the Z10 to the recorder and record directly from the HDMI output.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:45 PM
    This will be extremely helpful!!
    i'm sure all the CB team will benefit from this, as well as all CB members!
    Here is this app: ScreenRecorder
    ami.one likes this.
    10-31-13 09:41 PM
    Awesome app. Just downloaded and tried it and it works well! Didn't realize it also records sound...

Good post

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:26 PM