06-21-14 05:05 PM
37 12
tools
    A simple search will show that even iPhone users have had issues with rebooting (5s -- a "known issue"); they've also had speaker issues; SIDS ("sudden infant death syndrome") has been coined by the Apple community to now mean: "Sudden iPhone Death Syndrome". They've also had plenty of issues with their touch screens not responding.

I'm pretty sure if you did similar searches for other makes, you'd find the same results.
    06-19-14 07:41 AM
    A simple search will show that even iPhone users have had issues with rebooting (5s -- a "known issue"); they've also had speaker issues; SIDS ("sudden infant death syndrome") has been coined by the Apple community to now mean: "Sudden iPhone Death Syndrome". They've also had plenty of issues with their touch screens not responding.

I'm pretty sure if you did similar searches for other makes, you'd find the same results.
    Yep, difference being apple releases fixes much much faster and you can get a replacement phone the same day at an iBar or whatever they call it. With bb you have to jump thru hoops just to talk to them and then they want to charge you. Even if they don't charge you, you have to ship it and wait.
    06-19-14 08:22 AM
    Lol I guess every thread will get some like you. I've loved blackberry too that's why I started in 2004 with my first and haven't strayed yet.... As for the phone now, well the random restarts are bugging me( I never had them between feb 2013 and may 2015). I also have 3 batteries to get me through the day so I can get by with that. The phone is literally freezing up now and not only mine, quite a few around me. I know about the volume buttons reset and the top button but when the phone goes wonky, nothing works. Today it was the phone app which loaded but was blank. I would close and reopen and still blank..

I know every phone has issues but I think it's the OS more then the phone. A few million Z10s and quite a few problems. A few hundred million samsungs and all I hear from everyone is how much they love them and no issues. I'm thinking after a year and a half that bb10 is progressing slower then expected.
    I've bought 5 samsung devices for our house and only one didn't have serious problems. So now you can say you've heard of some samsung problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 08:33 AM
    Didn't read the whole thread but, had to comment on this. The new BlackBerry will have issues too. All phones have issues. Maybe in 2114 you might find a phone without issues but, you will have issues with the communication device they implant into ur head. But, you will be able to wait for the next implant. I know this sounds sarcastic but, I'm just trying to put realism into your waiting and other platform comments.
    I agree, all phones have issues. I am upset that all the BB10 phones I've bought have had issues within a couple months of purchasing them. I would understand if my BB phone started having reboot or microphone issues 10 months after buying it, but not two months. Maybe it's just my bad luck.

I still like BB10 a lot, which is why I've stuck with BB even after my phones have had problems. If I would have had these issues with an HTC, Samsung, or iPhone I would have already left them. I just hope the new phones coming out this year are better. And when BB comes out with an implanted communication device, I'll be the first in line LOL
    06-19-14 11:31 PM
    I know you don't want to hear from people without problems, but surely it must be relevant. Perhaps it points to user issues? Not trying to be rude, but there may be something to that.

I personally own and/or manage 6 Z10s and 6 Z30s. The devices were all bought at different times, and operate on 3 different networks.

Not one issue. Never had a single reboot. Never had bad battery drain. Never had any type of speaker or sensor problem.

I've always kept up with the latest leaks, and have NEVER performed a battery pull as that can corrupt the software.

Of course, I cannot rule out that I have simply been unfathomably lucky.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-20-14 12:14 AM
    I know you don't want to hear from people without problems, but surely it must be relevant. Perhaps it points to user issues? Not trying to be rude, but there may be something to that.

I personally own and/or manage 6 Z10s and 6 Z30s. The devices were all bought at different times, and operate on 3 different networks.

Not one issue. Never had a single reboot. Never had bad battery drain. Never had any type of speaker or sensor problem.

I've always kept up with the latest leaks, and have NEVER performed a battery pull as that can corrupt the software.

Of course, I cannot rule out that I have simply been unfathomably lucky.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    True, they all make duds. But you really didn't have sensor problems when everyone that owned one did because bb's calibration servers were down?
    06-20-14 07:29 AM
    True, they all make duds. But you really didn't have sensor problems when everyone that owned one did because bb's calibration servers were down?
    Strangely, I did not seem to experience that. As I was reading about everyone's problems at that time, I failed to replicate the issue on any of my devices. Perhaps none of my phones needed to invoke a recalibration during that period.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-14 07:46 AM
    Me as well
    06-20-14 08:25 AM
    I know every phone has issues but I think it's the OS more then the phone. A few million Z10s and quite a few problems. A few hundred million samsungs and all I hear from everyone is how much they love them and no issues. I'm thinking after a year and a half that bb10 is progressing slower then expected.
    Odd, as I know quite a few samsung owners and they constantly complain about random issues to me because I'm an IT guy and they hope I can fix it. Oddly, or not so oddly, is when they talk to others about their phone they make them sound like magic sent to them from the gods. They are becoming as bad as iphone owners.

I manage a couple dozen Z10s as well as have friends with them who aren't reporting your issues, though we're also on Rogers. Not sure what OS Telus has pushed recently but I'm guessing the same 10.2.1.3175. Other than the really odd app lockup, definitely not seeing these issues you report.

Posted via CB, secret level Z30
    06-20-14 09:16 AM
    100% no problems on BlackBerry. My Q10 has never had a random reboot, sensor problem, or any other hardware or os ailment. That's because BlackBerry is the best. Samsung with its fragmented android os -- now there's some real junk. Are you a star wars geek who wants to be spied on by google? If yes, use its dorky "android" os.
    06-21-14 10:09 AM
    Yep, difference being apple releases fixes much much faster and you can get a replacement phone the same day at an iBar or whatever they call it. With bb you have to jump thru hoops just to talk to them and then they want to charge you. Even if they don't charge you, you have to ship it and wait.
    Love the logic: "Sure they're crap, but you can get them replaced faster!" That depends on where you live, BTW.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-14 03:54 PM
    Love the logic: "Sure they're crap, but you can get them replaced faster!" That depends on where you live, BTW.
    Well they all make duds. It is difficult or has been dealing with carriers and BBRY. Not that they won't replace a defective one you just have a lot more to thru to get it done.
    06-21-14 05:05 PM
37 12