Z10/2 on 10.2.0.1803 + unlocked RT.
    Waze ex BBW

In navigation mode the screen goes off. "Keep screen alive" option in Waze settings is checked.
    Phone "Lock screen timeout" option is set to 30 secs, but while Waze is running it takes about 2 mins for the screen to go locked.
    Reinstalled Waze a couple of times.. same thing..

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

UPD: Solved. Thanks to F2.
    Last edited by BorisW; 12-13-13 at 04:27 AM.
    12-12-13 06:22 AM
    You may have seen it - there's a setting in the Display (I think) that suggests "allow app to control timeout" or something like that. I don't know if it would work or not.
    12-12-13 09:25 AM
    You may have seen it - there's a setting in the Display (I think) that suggests "allow app to control timeout" or something like that. I don't know if it would work or not.
    Not in Display options... not in Applications permissions... Frankly never stumbled over such an option.
    12-12-13 09:45 AM
    Waze on blackberry is the android version. Its not native. I don't think the api is set to allow it to prevent the screen from shutting off. I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:14 AM
    Not in Display options... not in Applications permissions... Frankly never stumbled over such an option.
    I know I saw it yesterday or the day before but can't find it. But I really don't believe my imagination is that vivid. Maybe a specific app had such a setting......... (mutters to self and keeps looking.......)
    12-12-13 01:28 PM
    It's in the general settings in Waze, "prevent auto-lock" make sure there is a check mark on that square
    12-12-13 01:31 PM
    Z10/2 on 10.2.0.1803 + unlocked RT.
    Waze ex BBW

In navigation mode the screen goes off. "Keep screen alive" option in Waze settings is checked.
    Phone "Lock screen timeout" option is set to 30 secs, but while Waze is running it takes about 2 mins for the screen to go locked.
    Reinstalled Waze a couple of times.. same thing..

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Silly question though, is Waze actually directing you and you are in a car with the car BT profile? I know with the OS10.2.0xxx update, when you pair your car with the z10, it asks what make and model the car is, and you select it, and now within x amount of time, the screen locks with car logo. If Waze isn't running properly IE isn't in navigation mode, the OS may shut the screen off.
    12-12-13 01:34 PM
    I found A setting but I don't know if it affects the behavior you are looking to control.

It is in Device Password (security, privacy settings)> Allow Apps to Extended Password Lock Time???? Give that one a go as well as Quicksilver's.
    BorisW likes this.
    12-12-13 02:49 PM
    I deleted Waze, local traffic laws don't allow for socializing while driving.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 05:54 PM
    In the Waze app go to Settings -- General and select "Prevent Auto Lock".

This is how my app is configured and I have never had the screen lock on my Z10 when using Waze.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:43 PM
    Waze on blackberry is the android version. Its not native. I don't think the api is set to allow it to prevent the screen from shutting off. I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    So you are, my friend. Fortunately
    It works when both options are on - "keep screen alive" within Waze and "allow apps to extend lock time" within device password.
    12-13-13 04:20 AM
    I found A setting but I don't know if it affects the behavior you are looking to control.

It is in Device Password (security, privacy settings)> Allow Apps to Extended Password Lock Time???? Give that one a go as well as Quicksilver's.
    Thanks a lot, man! Now it works perfect. As used to before I upgraded OS. Just forgot to adjust settings..
    FF22 likes this.
    12-13-13 04:21 AM
    Silly question though, is Waze actually directing you and you are in a car with the car BT profile? I know with the OS10.2.0xxx update, when you pair your car with the z10, it asks what make and model the car is, and you select it, and now within x amount of time, the screen locks with car logo. If Waze isn't running properly IE isn't in navigation mode, the OS may shut the screen off.
    I just use Waze on the phone, no pairing with the car. Or Osmand on playbook - but here the screen lock problem is known and evidently no cure for it..
    12-13-13 04:26 AM
    In the Waze app go to Settings -- General and select "Prevent Auto Lock".

This is how my app is configured and I have never had the screen lock on my Z10 when using Waze.

Posted via CB10
    It is the same for me, and it seems it is working fine, the other option in security is disabled..will test Waze "live" tomorrow.
    12-13-13 12:17 PM
    Using the apk from snap, everything seems to work fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:44 PM