Been looking fa replacement app since att navigator is not available on my z10 tried a few plus BlackBerry maps but waze is a awesome app, any find anything better or as equal?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:01 PM
    Sorry for the typos...I mean waze

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:02 PM
    I love Waze. BlackBerry Just has to fix the LTE connection for ported apps And it will be perfect, for a port that is. Hope they decide to go native soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:03 PM
    Despite a few quirks (arrival time off by 4 hours, POI search sometimes weird), I really like Waze. The navigation is really great, with clear directions, and it tells me exactly what is written on the signs. Instead of just saying "Take exit 278" it says "Take exit 278, Kitchener, Waterloo", which I find awesome! I also like the social aspect of it, where you can contribute and signal vehicle on the shoulder, an accident, a speed trap, etc. and it will warn other drivers when they are approaching.

I like BlackBerry Maps too, but its POI search always give me results that are on the other coast, which is pretty useless. But it will look for addresses in my contacts, which Waze cannot do.

Both of them will make my Z10 run hot...

Posted with a BlackBerry Zed10 via CB10
    04-01-13 04:13 PM
    I use the BB Maps app. Works great for turn by turn directions and my contacts and calendar link to it. I also have a shortcut to Google Maps (website) on my home screen. I find this to be a good combo.
    04-01-13 04:34 PM
    I've spent some time with both apps (as well as google maps on iOS and Apple Maps) and Garmin standalone GPS units... So...

Waze really earns its keep in keeping you abreast of up-to-the-minute traffic and road conditions. I find it very helpful to find out where a stalled vehicle or traffic collision is, where the road is slippery, or where a "law enforcement officer" is hanging out. I find that Waze's routing leaves a lot to be desired, as it uses non-optimal routing, and insists upon taking you that way even when you choose another way.

I've found Blackberry Maps' routing to be absolutely superb, in almost all cases taking me the way I'd choose myself on roads I'm familiar with. I also love the way it will easily give up on a route and reroute you if you decide to change the way you're going. No "make a U-turn" nonsense for 50 miles. It's also very good about notifying you in sufficient time for turns and merges, and to date it has not made any errors in lane selection. Blackberry Maps' weakness is certainly in its graphical interface- it doesn't have the richness of google maps nor a lot of data overlays to choose from.

If I was to be traveling where I was depending on the app for routing and directions, I'd use BB Maps. If I was traveling through familiar territory and wanted updates on traffic and road conditions, I'd use Waze.
    04-01-13 05:11 PM
    Waze all the way for me. I'm in the UK near London and the map integration the search with other providers, the maps themselves all much much better than BlackBerry maps. In use blackberry maps feels like what Co pilot was ten years ago on my windows ce phone, but heck even that did live traffic routing. The routing in Waze is clever and adapts over time to tour deviations. Very good.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:23 PM
    I like Waze, it's on all the time when I'm driving. I just wish I could search for directions from my contact list.

via CB10 on ZED10
    04-01-13 07:37 PM
    Waze is pretty good, I use it several times per day.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-01-13 07:56 PM
    I use BlackBerry maps and Mireo Don't Panic Maps. Mireo is amazing and maps are stored on the phone so they are available offline. The downside is it costs $19 for maps. But it's a one time payment and includes free updates. And the developer seems dedicated to keeping the maps updated.

I came from iOS so almost any map app is better than Apple Maps lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:01 PM