Anyone participating in the online discussion forum by a third party company? For those of you don't think Blackberry is not listening to you from what I can see they certainly are. Anyway, trying to provide them with as much feedback as I can and glad to be part of this. Waterloo is certainly listening to its early adopters.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:06 AM
    I changed the title of the thread to make it a little more descriptive of the content and hopefully get some more responses in here.

I agree BlackBerry listens to CrackBerry. Heck Heins called our founder right after he got the CEO job! And we interview BB people all the time. We just recently had Alec Saunders on a podcast.....

CrackBerry's BlackBerry Developer Podcast - the 1/3 told story | CrackBerry.com
    Carjackd and jl_06 like this.
    04-23-13 11:05 AM
    I hope so. One sure way to make the Z10's popularity sky rocket is to have a team of devs listening & working on the OS/apps.
    R Field likes this.
    04-23-13 11:12 AM
    Listening good.

Speaking better.

Tim
    04-23-13 11:13 AM
    Sadly CrackBerry has become a propaganda machine for BlackBerry instead of a champion of the BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 11:23 AM
    Sadly CrackBerry has become a propaganda machine for BlackBerry instead of a champion of the BlackBerry user.
    How so? As far as I can tell, it is a mutually beneficial relationship.
    04-23-13 11:32 AM
    Very beneficial. At least Mr Heins knew who to call right after he took the reigns. Crackberry can serve as a member of the "House" of dedicated crack users within the board at BlackBerry. Or just throw Kevin in the mix there.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:43 AM
    Z10 users post legitimate issues with their device only to instantly be bombarded with relentless replies of mines fine, no issue here and so on. Constructive assistance would be of greater help then to constantly tell us that we are bb bashers, return our phones if we do the like it and yada yada. I've been a blackberry user for the last 6 years, I'm a lifer so this nonsense really needs to stop. Not every user has the tech savvy to complete all the work arounds to get their device working properly. A little patience and respect goes a long way.

By the way this was posted via my BB playbook using BlackBerry bridge via my BB Z10.
    04-23-13 11:55 AM
    We saw how BlackBerry went after the folks who claimed a high return rate on the Z10. Even though BlackBerry was right in doing so, it may give pause to some about posting anything negative during this vital launch period.

He11, even BGR hasn't chomped down on the Z10 issues yet.

Someone is walking around, in the background carrying a big stick.

It's not only BlackBerry looking out after sales numbers either.
    Ride the wave and worry about the crack in the surfboard later.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 11:57 AM
    if they were listening, they'd be getting info out that would address peoples' current concerns...
    04-23-13 12:46 PM
    if they were listening, they'd be getting info out that would address peoples' current concerns...
    I agree with this to the degree that the silence from Waterloo on some of the core issues has been deafening.

Posted via CB10, rocking my Z10!
    04-23-13 12:57 PM
    Z10 users post legitimate issues with their device only to instantly be bombarded with relentless replies of mines fine, no issue here and so on. Constructive assistance would be of greater help then to constantly tell us that we are bb bashers, return our phones if we do the like it and yada yada. I've been a blackberry user for the last 6 years, I'm a lifer so this nonsense really needs to stop. Not every user has the tech savvy to complete all the work arounds to get their device working properly. A little patience and respect goes a long way.

By the way this was posted via my BB playbook using BlackBerry bridge via my BB Z10.
    There is also an immense amount of proven trolls or people with a history of bashing or contradictory posts. That's the reason you see a lot of this behavior. I also think that if the complaints are phrased politely the answers will be polite more of the time. There will always be some people shouting troll.

It's not the community that is to be blamed but rather what's happened to it ranging from legitimate trolls to media coverage on BlackBerry that was blatantly unfair and propagated even in these forums by said trolls.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:51 PM
    They are doing an OK job at listening. I still think they should have actual company reps that post on here and can relay ideas and info back and forth. To not take full advantage of all the ideas posted for OS updates would be stupid.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 02:56 PM

Completely agreed. CrackBerry has everything to gain from BB10's success with their accessory sales, hence the extremely biased reviews and news stories.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-23-13 02:59 PM
    Mutually beneficial to BlackBerry and CrackBerry but the product users seem to be merely a marketing demographic. The switch began when CrackBerry was bought by Mobile Nations.

pcarson92 likes this.
    04-23-13 03:02 PM
    Well from what I can tell you of the discussion forum that I participated in, the company had their ears opened listening to the good and bad about the device from its early adopters not only wanting to hear about the perception its users have of its newest a device but the perception its users have of the company. There was a wide range of end users involved voicing their concerns, obviously shared by all was the lack of key apps for the device (Skype Instagram, and that twitter and Facebook need some work), but nevertheless everyone brought something to the table and I'm just thankful that Blackberry is listening and no longer has the attitude that their right. Btw...they paid us for our time (an incentive)m I feel this incentive made the people involved be even more involved, answering truthfully, and throwing as much feedback at them as possible.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-23-13 04:43 PM
    I changed the title of the thread to make it a little more descriptive of the content and hopefully get some more responses in here.

I agree BlackBerry listens to CrackBerry. Heck Heins called our founder right after he got the CEO job! And we interview BB people all the time. We just recently had Alec Saunders on a podcast.....

CrackBerry's BlackBerry Developer Podcast - the 1/3 told story | CrackBerry.com
    Btw, thanks for changing the name and getting this thread some attention.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    04-23-13 04:44 PM

Very true, I saw that myself when I can out here with the volume issue just after the Canadian release. Fortunately some good people came in, took control of the situation in the thread and I was guided in the right direction. It easily could have gone bad with me as far as my initial experience on CB.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:49 PM

I can't argue against this.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:53 PM
    They are doing an OK job at listening. I still think they should have actual company reps that post on here and can relay ideas and info back and forth. To not take full advantage of all the ideas posted for OS updates would be stupid.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry is a fan site. BlackBerry has its own official blogs where their employees do post. It's a lot like tv shows/actors that have their Official Sites, where you can watch full episodes/buy stuff/leave comments, but then of course their are fan sites made by fans, where other fans gather in a more "underground" atmosphere than the one managed by the PR team of the actor or whoever.

That's the thing about when Kevin interviews Thorsten Heins or Alec Saunders.. it's cool because no one would think that people that high up would take time to talk to a blog (as big as CrackBerry may seem, it's still a blog/ fan site).

If I were a BlackBerry employee though, I'd be on CrackBerry listening for sure. This is the place that people come to talk about the product nonstop, at all hours of the day. People don't talk about BlackBerry on BlackBerry's site as much as they do on CrackBerry. But would I comment and announce that I'm an employee and I'm listening? Definitely not..
    04-23-13 04:58 PM
    Z10 users post legitimate issues with their device only to instantly be bombarded with relentless replies of mines fine, no issue here and so on. Constructive assistance would be of greater help then to constantly tell us that we are bb bashers, return our phones if we do the like it and yada yada. I've been a blackberry user for the last 6 years, I'm a lifer so this nonsense really needs to stop. Not every user has the tech savvy to complete all the work arounds to get their device working e properly. A little patience and respect goes a long way.

I agree for the most part. I will admit there are some annoying issues and some design issues that could have been thought out better. I sure hope updates are coming however I still see a lot if really cool functionality and speed to boot. The browser performance is amazing too!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:06 PM

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    i think that would create some sort of conflict,,, cb claims no association & if BB had dedicated reps here, & something went south, they in turn could get caught up in some liability,,, then there's NDA agreements that probably keep them from being public,,, my guess is there are a few on all of the dedicated phone sites sniffin' around...
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-23-13 09:24 PM
    Completely agreed. CrackBerry has everything to gain from BB10's success with their accessory sales, hence the extremely biased reviews and news stories.
    all fan sites are biased,,, cb doesn't have that cornered...
    04-23-13 09:25 PM
    BlackBerry is probably the most open tech company there is today
    They are taking over where palm left off.

Posted from my LE Zed10
    04-23-13 09:29 PM
    Well from what I can tell you of the discussion forum that I participated in, the company had their ears opened listening to the good and bad about the device from its early adopters not only wanting to hear about the perception its users have of its newest a device but the perception its users have of the company. There was a wide range of end users involved voicing their concerns, obviously shared by all was the lack of key apps for the device (Skype Instagram, and that twitter and Facebook need some work), but nevertheless everyone brought something to the table and I'm just thankful that Blackberry is listening and no longer has the attitude that their right. Btw...they paid us for our time (an incentive)m I feel this incentive made the people involved be even more involved, answering truthfully, and throwing as much feedback at them as possible.

Posted via CB10
    please don't tell me that room was full of the same psycofantic babble that goes on here...
    04-23-13 09:31 PM
34 12