Hey everyone!

So it just occurred to me today how the warranty will work on my z10 that I purchased off a guy from craigslist?

He purchased it off ebay, and then resold it to me, an now I'm using it on Tmo in the USA. My phone hasn't messed up or anything but what do i do if that time comes??

Thanks ppl!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 11:08 PM
    Hey everyone!

So it just occurred to me today how the warranty will work on my z10 that I purchased off a guy from craigslist?

He purchased it off ebay, and then resold it to me, an now I'm using it on Tmo in the USA. My phone hasn't messed up or anything but what do i do if that time comes??

Thanks ppl!

Posted via CB10
    You have no warranty. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser. Google BlackBerry Warranty and you will find this:
    The BlackBerry Handheld, the BlackBerry Cradle, and any other RIM hardware accessories, excluding external batteries and SIM cards, which are provided to YOU concurrently and in conjunction with the BlackBerry Handheld specifically for use with YOUR particular model of BlackBerry Handheld (which together comprise the BlackBerry Hardware), will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period that is the shorter of (i) one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user ("YOU") and (ii) the period ending upon YOUR breach of the BlackBerry End-User/Software License Agreement (the "License Agreement") entered into between YOU and Research In Motion Limited and/OR its affiliated group of companies' ("RIM") in connection with the BlackBerry Solution (the "Warranty Period"). This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
    kb1234 and pkcable like this.
    04-10-13 09:53 PM
    You can probably get tech support from your carrier, but that's about it! You have no warranty. You may be able to purchase a 3rd party insurance contract type warranty on the device. There's a company I think called squaretrade or something like that, that has those type contracts.

Extended Warranty Insurance - Extended Warranties - Protection Plans
    kb1234 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:21 PM
    Sweet thanks for that. I'll check it out when I get home!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:33 AM
    I had purchased a 9810 last year, still under warranty, or within the year from its original purchase.
    Rogers had a "Warranty" page on their site, after you put in the IMEI number it tells you when the warranty expires.
    I took the phone in a month before expiry and had the track pad repaird, under warranty.
    They never asked if i was the original owner, and i never told them i wasn't.
    If you are still using it with the original provider, no harm in taking it in to them, if something ever comes up.
    kb1234 likes this.
    04-12-13 08:49 AM
    Perfect,

Thanks Zeds, I'll check that out!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:53 AM
    warranty --- no way I am with telus in Canada ---- my print to go was not working then called telus for some help to figure it out they said they don't support any application so I called blackberry they said I have to pass by the carrier ---- they played ping pong with me for about 3 weeks.-- until I went to rogers store then there was a girl there that was able to determine with me if the print to go on my phone was working or not --- that is pretty bad that I had to go to the competitor ---

So where is the warranty in there it is all bullsh1t
    04-12-13 09:02 AM
    If you had warranty on your T-Mobile number for a previous phone, it automatically transfers to the next phone you put your sim card in. I'm talking about the Asurion Wireless warranty.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:20 AM
    Cool, I actually just switched to tmo when I got the z10, i could ask about adding that insurance

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:23 AM
    warranty --- no way I am with telus in Canada ---- my print to go was not working then called telus for some help to figure it out they said they don't support any application so I called blackberry they said I have to pass by the carrier

So where is the warranty in there it is all bullsh1t
    Not sure about support for apps, but I have posted several times warning people about the BBRY warranty setup. BBRY themselves told me that warranty is administered through the 'point-of-sale entity'. This opens you up with having to deal with a company like Telus, which will do anything it can to save itself money at your expense. This is the opposite of firms like Apple, Google Nexus, Lenovo, as well as other high-end makers of hardware.

Your best bet if you run into problems with a phone that is legitimately under warranty (not you, OP, because of the transfer of ownership - sorry) is to call Blackberry support and fight your way through the Phillipines and get someone in Canada. They can help but you have to fight.
    04-12-13 09:31 AM