For want of a shoe,
    the horse was lost.

For want of a horse,
    the battle was lost.

For want of a battle,
    the campaign was lost.

For want of a campaign,
    the war was lost.

A few here, myself included, feel that many of the problems people are experiencing are perhaps due to improper Micro SD cards being used in the Z10. Personally, I had experienced a few "black screens" with podcasts, music, etc. Today I updated to a class 10 (from class 6) designed specifically for smartphones and tablets. Supposedly it "Supports advanced photo and video capture plus faster app performance."

I am here to tell you that I have seen a world of difference. Podcasts libraries have come alive. Even pictures of my kids are more robust. Music libraries pop up and play quickly.

I just bring it up as something worth serious consideration by those considering leaving the platform altogether. That being the type and rating of Micro SD card being used in the device.
    SDTRMG, NightSlayer and tjseaman like this.
    04-23-13 10:45 AM
    Good post. I had the same experience. It wouldn't be surprising if bad/slow cards are the culprit of many complaints here that blame the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:59 AM

A few here, myself included, feel that many of the problems people are experiencing are perhaps due to improper Micro SD cards being used in the Z10. Personally, I had experienced a few "black screens" with podcasts, music, etc. Today I updated to a class 10 (from class 6) designed specifically for smartphones and tablets. Supposedly it "Supports advanced photo and video capture plus faster app performance."

I am here to tell you that I have seen a world of difference. Podcasts libraries have come alive. Even pictures of my kids are more robust. Music libraries pop up and play quickly.

I just bring it up as something worth serious consideration by those considering leaving the platform altogether. That being the type and rating of Micro SD card being used in the device.
    I'm not sure what your first bit was all about, but yes, the performance of the phone will definitely rely on the speed of the microSD if you store music, pictures and photos on the microSD. If you're going to spend a couple hundred dollars on a phone or even if you only paid $200 because you got it on contract, pay a little more to get a faster microSD when it is on sale.

I got a 32GB Class 10 microSD for $25 when on sale. They can be had for as little as $30 at regular price. If you currently have a class 2, 4 or even 6. Definitely upgrade to a class 10 and up. (Note: Class 10 speeds can vary between different models as well. Do some research first on read and write speeds)
    dbollman423 likes this.
    04-23-13 11:00 AM
    The first part is just a reflection upon how important something as a nail (in our case a good Micro SD card) can enhance end user experience.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-23-13 11:07 AM
    I just picked up a 64GB card on eBay. I did NOT buy one of the cheap ones, but laid out $50 for a good SanDisk unit. Totally worth it

Posted via CB10
    dbollman423 likes this.
    04-23-13 11:32 AM
    I just picked up a 64GB card on eBay. I did NOT buy one of the cheap ones, but laid out $50 for a good SanDisk unit. Totally worth it

Posted via CB10
    Makes sure it's real. And from a reputable seller. Ebay is infamous for selling fake memory cards and flash storage. Basically, it's labelled and formatted at a much higher capacity than it really is and works until it reaches capacity and starts over writing data.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I'm planning on upgrading to 64 this week. Will keep that in mind when shopping.

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    04-23-13 10:05 PM