The Phone App leaves some to be desired.
    1) when on a call the dial pad should be visible so that when on a call with teleprompts, I don't have scramble to find the dialpad.
    2) The end call button seems hard to use, I think it might be this way to prevent accidentally hanging up on a call. Answering a call requires a swipe, my intuition is to swipe to end a call too.
    3) Integrate the phone app into the hub better. When you press the Compose button in the hub, it would be nice to be able to make a call and avoid the Phone App.
    04-29-13 10:47 AM
    The good: the flow of the UI, I am personally getting through 14 hours with 50% left so battery is great for me, the Hub, and fast browser.

Needs work In my opinion:
    1) I do still feel like I have to go in and out when it comes to open apps. I would like to see them implement a gesture that allows you to switch through running apps - without minimizing them. For example, a gesture that is done like the reload button of the chrome browser. Clockwise goes to the next app that is forward in the list and counter-clockwise goes to the previous running app. Just believe it would help the OS flow even better and provide an even better multitasking experience.

2) Ability for text message notifications to be allowed in bedside mode, not just phone calls. Also, a text message client that is not launched via the Hub.

3) I would like to see a way to lock certain apps with a pin. Sort of like app lock on android. I want to show people my phone and let them try it out on their own, but I also have clients that need full discretion on the projects I am working on from them.

4) I would like to have the phone app auto-close after I have finished a call.

5) Option for phone to automatically password lock when I hit the lock button, instead of taking a full minute. I am a Risk management professional and need my phone locked down instantaneously.

I am coming from Android and while I did like Android a lot, the Z10 is by far the best phone and OS I have used. It is very stable.
    04-29-13 10:52 AM
    The Phone App leaves some to be desired.
    1) when on a call the dial pad should be visible so that when on a call with teleprompts, I don't have scramble to find the dialpad.
    2) The end call button seems hard to use, I think it might be this way to prevent accidentally hanging up on a call. Answering a call requires a swipe, my intuition is to swipe to end a call too.
    3) Integrate the phone app into the hub better. When you press the Compose button in the hub, it would be nice to be able to make a call and avoid the Phone App.
    You could have just said rewrite the entire app

Just kidding. Actually no I'm not.

The whole phone app leaves a lot to be desired and I hate the feeling that you have to "launch" a phone app. It's a phone first and that's what I use it most for, please fix it!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:59 AM
    I've posted this in another thread but there seems to be a bug in the text message where if I am talking to more than one person at a time the first persons conversation drops back to 4 days or so prior. For example ( and is usually the case) ill be talking to my gf and than someone else messages me my gf message goes from today's date to 4 days ago. So I end up having to search through my past messages to find hers again. Another issue I have is not being able to start a new line in text/bbm. Other than those issues I have only positive things to say about Z10 and feel it is by far the best phone I've ever owned.
    04-29-13 11:02 AM
    It would be amazing to be able to switch between apps like on the playbook (by just swiping left or right) and not having to swip up then tap the next one. (not trying to be lazy, but it would be sweet!)
    Last edited by zclash; 04-29-13 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
    cman5 likes this.
    04-29-13 11:04 AM
    It would be slick if I could have a mirror image of my playbook on my Z10/Q10 while in remote control mode instead of a blue screen, fully taking advantage of the touch screen functionality. Once bridged, I can control one from the other... Initiate a call from my tablet, on my phone for example... This would also be super helpful when my playbook is connected to my television or a projector for video, pictures, slide show, or music playback...
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    04-29-13 11:09 AM
    Give developers the ability to run headless apps (with active frame closed) so we don't need a bunch of apps open just to have things like battery percent or weather temp indicator on the screen.
    04-29-13 11:25 AM
    1. I think ONE of the things influencing the wide variation in battery life across Z10's is the carrier-dependent locking of the ability to switch LTE on/off. Would love to not be full-time locked into ATT LTE (I'm pretty sure I'd make it into the night on one charge).

2. The phone app dialer should display a confirmation of WHICH of a contact's multiple numbers is the one being dialed so I can be sure I'm not calling them at the incorrect number.
    Last edited by lwaysluking; 04-29-13 at 11:53 AM.
    04-29-13 11:34 AM
    Apps, Apps, and BIG name apps....get these on as native and quit the sideloading bull**** from Android. If BlackBerry gets the big name apps as native they will be competing with iOS and Android in the next quarter for sure
    04-29-13 11:47 AM
    Here are the things I like to see changed:
    1) give us an option within the settings menu to see a battery percentage next to the battery icon as well as an option to access a data usage monitor
    2) give us an option within the settings menu to choose between using a pass code or a password to unlock our phone when it's in standby.
    3) bring the same battery saving dark theme that's found on the Q10 to the Z10.
    4) Fix the notifications on the lock screen to allow for a bit more information to be shown for each notification. The current notifications on the left side of the lock screen don't seem to be really informative. The notifications on an iOS device lock screen seem to do the best job at providing information about a notification, i.e. missed calls, iMessage, etc. at the moment.
    5) I'd like to see the contacts app updated to allow us to create contact groups, i.e. friends, co-workers, etc.
    6) This builds on suggestion #5 and that is in regards to the bedside mode. I'd like to see bedside mode to be updated to allow us to choose which groups of contacts to allow calls, text messages and BBMs from when in bedside mode if we have bedside mode set to allow calls. That being said, I also hope the bedside mode option is also updated to allow text messages to come through should we choose that option.
    7) Update the Settings menu to allow the BlackBerry Hub to manage multiple Twitter accounts if we have more than one account.
    8) Implement a built in app that's similar to Passbook on iOS which allows us as users to store discount coupons from vendors like Starbucks, and tickets to sports events, etc.
    9) This suggestion isn't related to the suggestions I've listed above in terms of what can be improved on in the OS but I'd love to see BlackBerry reach out to more of the big name developers like Instagram and get them to bring their apps to the BlackBerry 10 platform because to those coming from iOS or Android, some will be unwilling to give the platform a try if apps like Instagram aren't available.
    Last edited by DanielLui1; 05-02-13 at 07:18 PM.
    04-29-13 11:48 AM
    Fix the contacts app please!

Posted vai CB10 - STL 100-01
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:05 PM
    The counter-argument is that the animations make it clear that the app opens on the active frame screen. This makes navigation a bit clearer than if the app suddenly popped up on the screen. Another argument is that these animations are critical to the BB10 look & feel and the experience woulkd suffer without them. Perhaps the animations should be configurable - if you like 'em, keep 'em otherwise shut 'em off.
    Lots of people I know with Z10's don't like the opening animation - I do, it sets BB10 apart.
    User configuration is a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:07 PM
    1. chat notifications need to be improved: there should not be repeated notifications for every message INSIDE THE SAME CHAT. It should only be for new chats!
    2. There are way too many random reboots. This is a big problem, especially if using custom notification apps (like Hub++), where after the reboot, you get no notifications, since BBRY did not open APIs to run apps in the background.
    3. googletalk needs to be greatly improved as this is still a very common way of communication with people on PCs, especially in developing countries where smartphones and allied services like whatsapp have still not taken over. The googletalk app takes ages to load (over 90 seconds) after receiving the notification! It shows a blank screen, then after a minute or two shows "loading contacts" and finally reaches the chat screen. Also, video, voice and file transfer protocols need to be embedded into this. As I said, this is a very vital and common way of communication for people with family members stuck to PCs. The APIs are available, and third parties (like VTok on iOS) have already shown that it can be implemented.
    04-29-13 12:16 PM
    Also another important point I forgot to mention:

HTML5 video has poor synchronization of audio and visuals in the browser! I have categorically tested this out, running the same streams on an Android device, an iOS device, a PC and the Z10. In all except the Z10, (and I have extensively tested this with multiple live streams from multiple subscription services) there is perfect synchronization between audio and visuals. On the Z10, the video lags the audio by a second or two! This is totally unacceptable for a browser that boasts and promises so much! It totally spoils the fun of watching live games (like cricket matches) from subscription services! This is a pretty shameful problem to have on a modern OS boasting such a fancy browser with "best HTML5 performance"!
    04-29-13 12:22 PM
    I think they need to handle pushing out updates better. I understand the different carriers have their own procedures but to for so many to have to used a "leaked" version to get the latest updates is not acceptable (specifically Verizon customers). Not sure if they can't do anything about it though.

I've heard they are looking inot Emoji support but I think it would be a minor addition that will go a long way.

I also agree with the contacts fix. I have way too many duplicate contacts in my phone. It doesn't bother me that much, I deal with it but it should be fixed.
    I agree with this post. We Bell Carrier folks had to wait till near the end of all the carriers pushing out the update....like a bad cousin. Being able to choose to apply the OS Leak gave me the control I prefer, like on the Playbook currently. As to the Contacts issue, with the legacy BBs such as the Torch 9800 I had for 3 years, I never had a problem with Contacts and duplication. No problem with my calendar and better interface experience for create/sending emails. Currently, even with the leaked OS, the contacts management is deplorable. The reason I believe I didn't have an issue on the legacy side was that I could sync contacts, notes, tasks, calendar with my Outlook. Bringing this back would solve many complaints I would guess.

Outside of the above, I believe the latest Leaked OS is far superior and look forward to the official release. I plan to keep using it until then.

EDIT...In addition
    I agree with another post that we need to have the BB Bridge bring back the functionality it has with legacy phones such as the Torch I had. I don't now see any relevant need for the Bridge just for the readme.txt file sitting there.

Thanks for listening.
    sharley2112 likes this.
    04-29-13 12:23 PM
    I would like to see a simple fix for the date to displayed with the time at the top of the screen WITHOUT having to swipe down....it should just always be there... Much like the way the playbook does it?
    04-29-13 12:27 PM
    I need some details around this. What are the two or three main problems with the Contacts app from your perspective? If possible compare with legacy BBs.
    More details: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-bb10-799884/

I've posted about it a couple of times and others have experienced the same issue. There is currently no solution for it and would be most helpful if BlackBerry gave the user more control over how contacts are created and managed. At the moment, I will not use the LinkedIn or Facebook app or any app that has a contact list in it as they will flood my contacts list with duplicates, triplicates, or even quadruplets.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    04-29-13 12:30 PM
    1. Just a suggestion... I hate having multiple apps for the same things and it will be good if they do... in app purchases for certain native apps themselves instead of having to download different ones.
    It is annoying to have soo many app buttons.
    What I mean is. For example, instead of downloading a few photo filters softwares it will be brilliant if we can just do 3rd party in app purchases within the built in photo editing app itself. Kinda like, downloading brushes for photo shop instead of a whole new program.

Will be something very special and different.

2. Might also be nice if we can title each page of apps!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:31 PM
    I would like to see sound profiles similar to bb7.1 and better integration with the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    cdnrower likes this.
    04-29-13 12:38 PM
    How about the stupid gps and maps apps flooding blackberry world constantly.
    Make those in app purchases, not stand alones!
    04-29-13 12:39 PM
    I would like to see a simple fix for the date to displayed with the time at the top of the screen WITHOUT having to swipe down....it should just always be there... Much like the way the playbook does it?
    You have to swipe diagonal on the pb. Choice again, I don't need it showing all the time, I'd rather have the screen real estate.
    04-29-13 12:42 PM
    Great new device/OS.
    I don't like the way the pictures app files/organizes pictures. If friend sends a picture in a text message, I have to send it in an email to myself and then it's only available in recent photos, I can't seem to file it.
    04-29-13 12:51 PM
    The phone does what I want.

With that said, I like what they did with remember, but would like it even more if I could set a due time in addition to due date.

My biggest concern with the system is that they are still relying on carriers to distribute OS updates. I was hoping that the stack could be updated separately so as to bypass the middleman if the stack is not affected and they are just updating other parts of the OS.

If you're really a super user, you already know the serious things to bring to the plate.

Thanks.

BBX-I Said it
    04-29-13 12:53 PM
    I agree with this post. We Bell Carrier folks had to wait till near the end of all the carriers pushing out the update....like a bad cousin. Being able to choose to apply the OS Leak gave me the control I prefer, like on the Playbook currently. As to the Contacts issue, with the legacy BBs such as the Torch 9800 I had for 3 years, I never had a problem with Contacts and duplication. No problem with my calendar and better interface experience for create/sending emails. Currently, even with the leaked OS, the contacts management is deplorable. The reason I believe I didn't have an issue on the legacy side was that I could sync contacts, notes, tasks, calendar with my Outlook. Bringing this back would solve many complaints I would guess.

Outside of the above, I believe the latest Leaked OS is far superior and look forward to the official release. I plan to keep using it until then.

EDIT...In addition
    I agree with another post that we need to have the BB Bridge bring back the functionality it has with legacy phones such as the Torch I had. I don't now see any relevant need for the Bridge just for the readme.txt file sitting there.

Thanks for listening.
    I can confirm that this thread is being watched with interest and that your points of view will be summarized and directed to the powers that be in due course.
    04-29-13 12:56 PM
    I see you ask for more examples of contact problems. One I had was that I had the duplicates, went through and linked them all, then had to restore (after checking out the 10.1 beta) and then ended up with even more duplicates. Frustrating, but nothing to be angry about.

@aitch16 - You can fully lock it a little faster, if you hold the lock button (as if you were going to power it off) there is an option to lock your phone. And it'll pw it.

Out side of that, it has been goind really well for me. A larger battery would be nice. I barely make it to bed if I dont charge (which isnt a big deal, cause I can charge it at work)

Oh! not z10 specific, but I would like to see bblink for linux (Ubuntu seems to be the commercial choice). With Protect not backing up my information anymore, I dont have any consistant way to backup my phone. So I'm more worried about loosing my phone.
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 04-29-13 at 01:03 PM. Reason: bblink
    04-29-13 01:00 PM
83 1234