I love my Z10, despite the fact I need the new update for the o.s
    Nonetheless, whenever I have isheep or phandroids around me, we all turn into 12 year Olds and see who's phone can out muscle each other
    So today I blew all their minds with a trick only the Z can do
    I had 7 graphics intense games open at the same time and swith effortlessly between them
    I believe I had fly copper, funky smugglers, angry birds star wars, where's my water,beach buggy, jetpack joyride , warships
    Plus I was answering bbms all simultaneously
    Needless to say lots of jaws dropped
    So anyone who goes around saying blah blah dual core blah blah they have 4 or 8 cores
    I say "***** please"

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 12:45 PM
    That's neat.
    03-22-13 12:50 PM
    Way to go, Felix.

I love opening a bunch of apps and show my iPhone and Android friends how sweet it is to be able to jump between open programs and be able to peek at the hub from inside any of those open, running apps.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 03-23-13 at 05:57 PM. Reason: fix typo
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-22-13 01:06 PM
    I got to say I dont see the point of this. I am playing angry birds on my new Z10, an I "minimize" the app. Why do I want it still running and draining battery when I'm not looking at it? I know I have only had the device since 8:30am today, but I feel it will be a struggle to get through the day with the battery.
    03-22-13 01:08 PM
    I got to say I dont see the point of this. I am playing angry birds on my new Z10, an I "minimize" the app. Why do I want it still running and draining battery when I'm not looking at it? I know I have only had the device since 8:30am today, but I feel it will be a struggle to get through the day with the battery.
    Does the Z10 have an option to turn off multitasking? The PlayBook has the option to pause minimized apps. And curiously, it ships with multi-tasking turned off by default.
    03-22-13 01:13 PM
    Dangit! Another tease thread while I wait for T-Mobile.
    wasabiGT and III 4U2NV III like this.
    03-22-13 01:26 PM
    The OP's scenario is extreme but it does express a point on a couple items. First that the hardware is far more than required and to knock the Z10 since it does not have an octo core is baseless. Second, I have used this myself by playing back video using DLNA wirelessly while browsing the internet with flash and popping in to send to emails and texts without a single hiccup.

I have to say that the fact that the phone can do this is something that is a great perk once you've seen it in action and have used it.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-22-13 01:27 PM
    See, I find demonstrating this phone and showing its clear benefits difficult. Like for example, peeking into the hub. I showed my android-fanboy father who then went on to say "Look, I can open my messages on my S3 Too!" which isn't the point. The point is its instant and always "There". I think a lot of the values of this fantastic phone don't prove themselves until you've used it for a week or two. (ill add, I've been using BlackBerry phones for a while, so busy knew the benefits before buying the phone on launch day in the UK)

Posted via CB10
    Craig Tewsley likes this.
    03-22-13 01:33 PM
    Absolutely useless like you said, but it isn't a test that has real world value 100%
    Just when you here these guys blabbing about how much horsepower they have under the hood, it's nice to show some muscle that's all
    I probably won't be doing this the whole day
    But it's kind of a "Why ? ....... because I can that's why " moment

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 01:34 PM
    During the first week with the BlackBerry Z10 is it important to discharge the battery to the point that the smartphone shuts itself down. Using the wall charger in the BlackBerry Z10 box perform 2-3 discharge-charge cycles, although some batteries might require 3-5 cycles, to properly calibrate the battery for maximum performance. Disable any non-essential communications channels (NFC, Bluetooth, WiFi) unless you are actually using these channels and use a non-LTE data carrier network connection when the signal strength is less than 3 of 5 full bars. Dim the intensity of the display; even at 25% brightness the screen is exceptionally easy to read and definitely easier on your eyes. Moderate use of the smartphone - no games - should allow 12 hours minimum with 18-24 hours being reported by some users. When just idling the battery lasts over 100 hours. As for the battery temperature (17C is idling state for a period of time but 32C seems typical for activitiy other than game playing which can raise the battery temperature to over 39C with extended play).
    dcwbearsaint likes this.
    03-22-13 01:37 PM
    Battery wont drain having 8 games open compared to 1, it's fine to leave those open and access as you see fit. That's the beauty of QNX.

Overall, great example of how QNX is superior to anything in the market. When will people realize specs don't matter if your OS isn't efficient. Take the exact same two PC's and have them run windows 98 and windows 7 and compare performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 01:47 PM
    Battery wont drain having 8 games open compared to 1, it's fine to leave those open and access as you see fit. That's the beauty of QNX.

Overall, great example of how QNX is superior to anything in the market. When will people realize specs don't matter if your OS isn't efficient. Take the exact same two PC's and have them run windows 98 and windows 7 and compare performance.

Posted via CB10
    Very true QNX is a beast, and i believe this is just scratching the surface of what it can really do, the future suddenly looks very good for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    darkwater79 likes this.
    03-22-13 02:16 PM
    Your point is why would I want to keep Angry Birds running while minimized? You have totally missed the point. The OP was doing a dramatic demo to show how powerful the BB10 operating system is. It is up to each person to find their own use of this power.

Here is an example for me.

I was streaming a music play list off my Z10, using the dlna "Play On" feature. Enjoying some sweet tunes on my home theatre, streaming from my Z10.

Then I notice the red light blinking. So I pick up the Z10 and see a message with a YouTube link. I reduced the volume on the home theatre as I tapped on the link, figuring this would screw up the streaming audio. But no it didn't! I was able to watch and listen to the YouTube video on my z10 while the streaming audio continued in the background without a hiccup.

That's an example of how the multitasking power can be useful. I'm sure others can come up with more compelling examples. Point is: you can do it, you just have to find a way to use them that would be useful for you. If not, hey, you lime jumping in and out of apps all day, stay where you are.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:13 PM
    Your point is why would I want to keep Angry Birds running while minimized? You have totally missed the point. The OP was doing a dramatic demo to show how powerful the BB10 operating system is. It is up to each person to find their own use of this power.

Here is an example for me.

I was streaming a music play list off my Z10, using the dlna "Play On" feature. Enjoying some sweet tunes on my home theatre, streaming from my Z10.

Then I notice the red light blinking. So I pick up the Z10 and see a message with a YouTube link. I reduced the volume on the home theatre as I tapped on the link, figuring this would screw up the streaming audio. But no it didn't! I was able to watch and listen to the YouTube video on my z10 while the streaming audio continued in the background without a hiccup.

That's an example of how the multitasking power can be useful. I'm sure others can come up with more compelling examples. Point is: you can do it, you just have to find a way to use them that would be useful for you. If not, hey, you lime jumping in and out of apps all day, stay where you are.

Posted via CB10
    Damn, I'm going to try that out later today

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:18 PM
    Thats cool, Seriously.... What about the cools things Android and iOS can do that BB10 can't?
    03-22-13 03:25 PM
    Thats cool, Seriously.... What about the cools things Android and iOS can do that BB10 can't?
    Why don't you tell us?

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and trynacu2 like this.
    03-22-13 03:29 PM
    thats why we love you op
    03-22-13 03:46 PM
    I will give a few examples, but there are many.

Can interact with lockscreen information (Android)
    Can control my Apple TV from my iOS device (iPhone/Touch)
    Swipe away Individual Email notifications and Individual Emails (android/iOS)
    Can take a picture of a check and deposit it into my bank account (Android/iOS/Chase, BofA, USAA)
    Location based profile switching, Turn wifi off when I get to work, turn on when I get home automatically (Android/Using Tasker App)
    Phone alerts me with traffic info without asking... as well as gives me an estimate of when I need to leave in order to make a meeting (Android/Google Now)
    Share photos instantly with family by sharing my photo album (iOS/Photostream)

That is just to name a few, HOWEVER there are some cools things the Z10 has going for it... but you didn't ask me that!
    03-22-13 03:48 PM
    I will give a few examples, but there are many.

Can interact with lockscreen information (Android)
    Can control my Apple TV from my iOS device (iPhone/Touch)
    Swipe away Individual Email notifications and Individual Emails (android/iOS)
    Can take a picture of a check and deposit it into my bank account (Android/iOS/Chase, BofA, USAA)
    Location based profile switching, Turn wifi off when I get to work, turn on when I get home automatically (Android/Using Tasker App)
    Phone alerts me with traffic info without asking... as well as gives me an estimate of when I need to leave in order to make a meeting (Android/Google Now)
    Share photos instantly with family by sharing my photo album (iOS/Photostream)

That is just to name a few, HOWEVER there are some cools things the Z10 has going for it... but you didn't ask me that!
    Ok now it's time for the BlackBerry 10 list. It better be longer lol

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:55 PM
    And then all they have to do is fire up netflix or there slingplayer or skype. Then for some reason I then find myself at home sobbing and face planted in a tub of rocky road, wat? Don't judge me!
    03-22-13 04:01 PM
    BB10

Ease of DLNA setup! Far Far easier to setup on Z10 than it is to setup on S3
    The Gestures... Gestures... GESTURES. This is where the money is... way more useful navigation to key aspects of the phone than iOS (The worst) or Android
    Swiping up on the screen to access lockscreen is wonderful
    Flicking on the keyboard... is great! I find it more useful than swype..
    Watching a Video and have it still run while I check and email.. with ZERO LAG.. that is a cool feature. My nexus can do that too but not without shuttering.. iOS cant do it at all

There might be more, but I am running dry. I have spend 5 years off and on with Android and iOS, I havent used blackberry in 4-5 years... and only been back using them for a month. So it may take time to figure out some other cool things
    cman5, bobshine and AbsoluteT23 like this.
    03-22-13 04:03 PM
    Nice lol

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-22-13 04:12 PM
    DGree03, good to have you on our side now

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:15 PM
    The OP's scenario is extreme but it does express a point on a couple items. First that the hardware is far more than required and to knock the Z10 since it does not have an octo core is baseless. Second, I have used this myself by playing back video using DLNA wirelessly while browsing the internet with flash and popping in to send to emails and texts without a single hiccup.

I have to say that the fact that the phone can do this is something that is a great perk once you've seen it in action and have used it.

Posted using my Z10!
    Wouldnt you want the video to pause if you, um, are not actually looking at it?
    03-22-13 04:19 PM
    Keep in mind most of those things mentioned are apps so the Z could or can do them as long as the apps are there, and if they aren't, it's just a matter of time before those apps are on the Z anyway
    I am in no way saying Iphones or androids are bad or evil, but If it's not for the slew of apps they have, phone to phone i would put my money on the Z and this isn't even QNX'S final form there is still so much to come, funny cause in some ways it feels like a reversal now, iphone feels outdated, and android (GS4/GS4) is basically more of the same thing

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 06:10 PM
60 123