This might be a silly question so forgive me, but does a black themed wall paper use more battery juice? From what I've read a black theme for the z10 wouldn't do the battery favors so cam the same be said for wallpapers?

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-26-13 11:36 PM
    I think it's better to say that a dark theme would NOT benefit the Z10 battery life since it has a different screen technology than the Q10.

The question is, how big of a battery waster is a dark theme for The Z10.

If we are talking 5 minutes of battery life taken away for the whole day, I think I can give that up for something that will give less strain to my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:40 PM
    No I know about the "Theme" part bro, and I agree if it's only five minutes ill take it. I'm asking if a background wallpaper with a dark theme affects battery life

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-27-13 12:01 AM
    No I know about the "Theme" part bro, and I agree if it's only five minutes ill take it. I'm asking if a background wallpaper with a dark theme affects battery life

Z10? Why yes it is.
    It should not, on the lcd screen the Z10 uses is the backlight what has some effects, the brighter the screen the higher battery power it will use.

Want to save battery, dim the screen as much as your eyes and usage cn tolerate

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:06 AM

Z10? Why yes it is.

LCD screen, like in the Z10, uses the same amount of power regardless of pixel colour, as the lighting comes from behind the pixels. It isn't affected by darker or lighter colour schemes.

AMOLED pixels, as used in the Q10, are self-lit, and a dark colour theme helps save battery: darker pixels use less energy than lighter pixels because they put off less or no light.

That's why the Q10 comes with a darker colour scheme. Between that, the smaller screen, and the larger battery, the thing's going to be a monster for battery life.
    04-27-13 12:47 AM
    You're better off with a lighter background I believe since it tends to make things easier to see in lower brightness settings. Specially while outside in the sunlight. The darker background the less the items stands out I think. You won't save any juice by using black wallpaper on LCD screen that's only possible on Amoled screens as mentioned above.
    04-27-13 04:57 AM