Whenever I have my wall charger plugged in with my phone actually charging, the outlet begins to make a weird hissing noise.

This only happens when the phone is plugged in as well.

Has anyone else had trouble with this!?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:49 AM
    No? Try changing the socket :/
    I had a plug socket do this years ago, turned out to be the dodgy electrics in the house

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:52 AM
    I tried a couple different sockets. I live in a dorm room, so there's a pretty good chance that the electrical is just shotty haha.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:55 AM
    Mine too! Thought it was just me

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:33 AM
    Nah mine whistles a little too. It's been like that since my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    SirJes and Pcmx like this.
    04-05-13 01:34 AM
    Whenever I have my wall charger plugged in with my phone actually charging, the outlet begins to make a weird hissing noise.

This only happens when the phone is plugged in as well.

Has anyone else had trouble with this!?

Posted via CB10
    Does it work when anything is plugged into that socket ? Like laptop ? Or a clock radio ?
    Just thinking that if so, you may want an electrician to check it out immediately. The circuit could be overloaded, there could be too much draw, there could be a short. Or it could just be an old outlet. Either way, if other items with similar draw create a similar problem, get an electrician to examine it immediately !!! Good luck.
    04-05-13 01:48 AM
    If your wall charger makes ANY noise, there's a problem. If it does this with any outlet, get it changed right away.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    04-05-13 01:55 AM
    Your wall charger must have some thing like "fan" inside it to cool it down when using...

Or, the only left explanation on that "hissing" sound is that your charger contact and the inside conductor contact of your wall socket are not directly in contact and the small tiny invisible to naked eye gap where the electricity current is flowing making a hissing sound because it has to travel in air during charging... a fireman told me that it is actually one cause of electrical fire... you shouldn't ignore that...

Posted via Z10
    04-05-13 01:57 AM
    If your wall charger makes ANY noise, there's a problem. If it does this with any outlet, get it changed right away.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    Actually he stated "the outlet begins to make a weird hissing noise." As such, the OUTLET is the problem, not the charger. But I agree, I'd be getting the outlet fixed asap.
    04-05-13 02:20 AM
    It's not an outlet problem you guys...LOL!

Many of the BlackBerry brand Micro USB wall chargers make a hissing sound, it's annoying and ridiculous. Get it exchanged.
    04-05-13 11:19 PM
    Well it's definitely not the outlet because when I plug other things in, they don't make the noise. I'll probably just use my iPod wall charger and just plug the USB into that. No need to get an exchange.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 12:54 AM
    No it's the adapter. It hisses no matter what outlet I plug it in to. Highly doubt my entire house needs to be repaired. Thanks though.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:52 AM