Wasn't sure if this belonged here, the BB10 OS, or the Verizon section so move accordingly...

Even since the upgrade on Friday, the Hub has been a mess...SMS messages fail to receive, without a Hub reload/restart (5 diagonal swipes from top-right corner) - at which point, within 30-60 seconds of the Hub reloading, new SMS messages would come through. Sometimes, SMS messages fail to be marked read - either via actually reading them, or just simply highlighting and marking them so...deleting them sometimes won't work, either.

Yesterday, I decided to do a security wipe and reload everything from a backup I made on Friday...today, I'm still having the same issues. Haven't bothered to contact VZW yet, as I don't anticipate them being able to do much, short of sending me a new device, and I'd rather exhaust all other options before exchanging devices.

I didn't have any of these issues prior to the upgrade - short of the 'phantom' voicemail notification that would never disappear (but I lived with that...); Missing/failing to receive messages is a huge problem that I cannot 'live' with...any advice?
    07-29-13 01:06 PM
    Hello mgm1979, i'm having the exact same issues you were having and just recently created a thread proposing my theory:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2039-a-833344/

Basically I deleted the fb connection from the phone and deleted the fb application as well and that seems to resolve the problems you mentioned. I was having the exact same text message update issues. How I initially found out about it was that my facebook updates would refuse to be marked as read unless I restarted the hub. Take facebook completely out of your Z10 and see if that resolves the issue. I thought I was the only one having the problem...I am considering a phone replacement as well. Anyone else?
    07-29-13 01:19 PM
    wow - interesting...just killed any/all Facebook on my phone, and restarted Hub; I had missed a voicemail from a couple hours ago, as well - so not just limited to SMS, apparently.

We'll see how this works out - if you're right, would this be an OS issue or a Facebook issue? (if it was an OS issue, wouldn't folks who loaded this up as a 'leak' have experienced this already???)
    07-29-13 03:20 PM
    I have no idea what to think...maybe facebook doesn't play well with Verizon's 10.1? No idea...but the effects on my phone are very real...I know of one other user who is experiencing the same thing. What worries me is that no one else has complained about hub issues after the update which makes me think it could be our particular phones. Also i'm sure you have done this, but remember to reboot after killing all facebook related items for good measure. Let me know if that resolves or not...
    07-29-13 03:41 PM
    You could also try reloading the software and not restoring the backup file. If it works the back up is corrupt.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:03 PM
    Well, things are running MUCH better, since this change...now I'm wondering - is it the Facebook app, or the Facebook Hub integration/connection, or BOTH causing the issue?
    07-30-13 09:50 AM
    I think we are in the minority of people for which the 10.1 update really messed up HUB. Since more people are not reporting this, I think we are isolated cases. I am going to Verizon soon to have my Z10 replaced and see if that does anything.
    07-31-13 10:52 AM