Can I install VPN on my blackberry z10?

Android and iPhone can have this feature, why can't we have it also???

Posted via my awesome Z10 STL100-3
    commandos135 likes this.
    08-02-14 12:44 PM
    Yes you can. System Settings/Network and Connections/VPN
    08-02-14 12:51 PM
    Yes you can. System Settings/Network and Connections/VPN
    I tried every instructions here and there and nothing worked... could you help me please by activating VPN??

Your help is highly appreciated....

commandos135 likes this.
    08-02-14 12:55 PM
    I tried every instructions here and there and nothing worked... could you help me please by activating VPN??

Your help is highly appreciated....

Sorry but i've never actually set one up.
    Last edited by tryfe; 08-02-14 at 01:51 PM.
    08-02-14 01:04 PM
    Sorry but i've never actually one up.
    It's okay, thanks...

08-02-14 01:08 PM
    The problem is setting these up typically requires so many settings that you have to get your IT department involved, which also means MDM in most cases.

What BlackBerry 10 needs right now is the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client, which simplifies the process but still needs group settings from IT. My company no longer uses BES, and won't even consider BlackBerry until this arrives. I'm afraid that after all the negative press about market share under .5% that it won't be coming.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:14 PM
    The problem is setting these up typically requires so many settings that you have to get your IT department involved, which also means MDM in most cases.

What BlackBerry 10 needs right now is the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client, which simplifies the process but still needs group settings from IT. My company no longer uses BES, and won't even consider BlackBerry until this arrives. I'm afraid that after all the negative press about market share under .5% that it won't be coming.

Posted via CB10
    Shall I consider that we can't have Vpn for our lovely device??

I just don't want android and apple win this battle in this area.... man this is frustrating...

08-02-14 01:20 PM
    Shall I consider that we can't have Vpn for our lovely device??

I just don't want android and apple win this battle in this area.... man this is frustrating...

We do, it's built into the OS. Just a few things you need to know and you're set.

VPN For BlackBerry??-img_20140802_192425.png

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:24 PM
    We do, it's built into the OS. Just a few things you need to know and you're set.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140802_192425.png 
Views:	1325 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	288548

Posted via CB10
    You are 100% right man... but I need to know these settings, so I can use VPN...

Please, Do you know how to set it??

P.S: cool dark theme in settings, how can I do it?

08-02-14 01:56 PM
    You are 100% right man... but I need to know these settings, so I can use VPN...

Please, Do you know how to set it??

P.S: cool dark theme in settings, how can I do it?

Well do you have a server address and a password?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 02:15 PM
    Well do you have a server address and a password?

Posted via CB10
    No... my friend has an iPhone and he did it very easily and without any trouble...

08-02-14 02:29 PM
    You have to pay for a VPN. Or have access to one beforehand.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:00 PM
    No... my friend has an iPhone and he did it very easily and without any trouble...

You can't... BlackBerry is *super secure, super awesome and other super stuff* so it doesn't support common VPN protocols...

Only solution is to pay for some VPN that supports IKEv2 (or build own VPN server using StrongSwan).

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:09 PM
    So there's is no way to win this battle against android and iPhone

08-02-14 03:46 PM
    (or build own VPN server using StrongSwan).

Posted via CB10
    How can we do that?

08-02-14 03:47 PM

You're asking for the impossible. VPNs aren't free and certainly not without credentials. It's like asking if you can have a Gmail without a username and password. Sounds like your friend has the credentials so ask them to share the password. Unless your friend hacks someone else's VPN, then we can't help you here.

And if you don't know how to get into VPN, what makes you think you can build your own VPN server?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 04:03 PM
    You're asking for the impossible. VPNs aren't free and certainly not without credentials. It's like asking if you can have a Gmail without a username and password. Sounds like your friend has the credentials so ask them to share the password. Unless your friend hacks someone else's VPN, then we can't help you here.

And if you don't know how to get into VPN, what makes you think you can build your own VPN server?

Posted via CB10
    My friend has a jail broken iPhone and he didn't hack any Vpn server... there is a built-in VPN client, if you don't know, in iPhone, and he got this by some tweaks from cydia and jailbreak stuff....

I did not say I want to build my own Vpn server, I said I wanted some help here and asked if this is possible or not because I don't want android and iPhone users show off with their Vpn thing and we are not....

08-02-14 04:14 PM
    My friend has a jail broken iPhone and he didn't hack any Vpn server... there is a built-in VPN client, if you don't know, in iPhone, and he got this by some tweaks from cydia and jailbreak stuff....

I did not say I want to build my own Vpn server, I said I wanted some help here and asked if this is possible or not because I don't want android and iPhone users show off with their Vpn thing and we are not....

What VPN are you trying to connect to? Do they have their settings available for review?
    08-02-14 04:21 PM
    What VPN are you trying to connect to? Do they have their settings available for review?
    No sorry. I don't know anything about this issue... I just saw my friend is showing off his iPhone connecting to some websites and twitter Cuz it's banned in my country...

That's why I wan this Cuz I would like to open such programs like twitter because it's banned here....

08-02-14 04:29 PM
    No sorry. I don't know anything about this issue... I just saw my friend is showing off his iPhone connecting to some websites and twitter Cuz it's banned in my country...

That's why I wan this Cuz I would like to open such programs like twitter because it's banned here....

You will need a paid service with a VPN company with servers in the country you want to access. Witopia works well with BlackBerry and many other systems (PC, Mac etc.) and they are helpful with setup.
    08-02-14 04:44 PM
    Well once you locate a VPN provider, check their technical documentation for a setup process.
    08-02-14 04:46 PM
    You seem extremely confused zozo. As others have mentioned, you CAN set up a VPN service on BlackBerry but you can't do it without some sort of VPN provider. As for your friend on iOS, he also HAS to be using some sort of service, it's not just built into anything for free with free service. If he used a jailbreak app then there HAS to be a service provider behind it all as well. Find yourself a VPN Provider, like PureVPN, which works excellent on BlackBerry.
    08-02-14 04:47 PM
    I will ask him and let him send me a picture for his Vpn setup which purely FREE. I will post the pic, with the configuration, here to show you guys...

I thought it's free

08-02-14 04:56 PM
    I love the VPN support in BB10. I connect to my Cisco ASA at home so Slacker Radio works great from all sorts of countries it's not supposed to work in. I can even get different apps via Appworld local where I am and. My home country apps even the same apps at different price points. But don't ask how I do it. You need a Cisco ASA or PIX old PIXs are super cheap these days. Once you have one a Cisco forum is where you want to be.

Don't knock the VPN support as its some of the best I've seen. I just believe you have a slight misunderstanding what a VPN does and how it does it.
    08-02-14 06:18 PM
    I love the VPN support in BB10. I connect to my Cisco ASA at home so Slacker Radio works great from all sorts of countries it's not supposed to work in. I can even get different apps via Appworld local where I am and. My home country apps even the same apps at different price points. But don't ask how I do it. You need a Cisco ASA or PIX old PIXs are super cheap these days. Once you have one a Cisco forum is where you want to be.

Don't knock the VPN support as its some of the best I've seen. I just believe you have a slight misunderstanding what a VPN does and how it does it.
    You are right... I just saw one thread about Bucklor VPN Which is a free service , that's what I need...

I can't even access the Bucklor website to have a free stuff

08-02-14 06:27 PM
37 12