I don't see anything wrong at all with somebody legitimately posting a leaked OS that they obtained. Now, if the leaked OS was obtained from lbfe and was then posted to preempt lbfe posting the leak and to take his credit, I disagree with that move and I do agree that the individual who did it deserves some sort of warning. However, the fibbing isn't doing anyone a favor, including fibbing by either lbfe or anyone else. This is a community for god's sake, and leaks have been posted on here by many people since CB has been around covering BlackBerry. There is no exclusive right for any one person to release leaks and that should remain the case. Otherwise, what's the point...having one person have the monopoly over leaks is no different in principle than having carrier mandated releases. I don't like when I see things like "if I decide that I want you to have it, I will let you have it". That's not the spirit of CB.

Posted via CB10
    If people obtain the leaks themselves they are more than free to leak the versions. As stated lbfe and myself don't care when other people post leaks. We do care when they use someone else's work without giving credit and without permission of the person they are taking from.

The big thing is not even sachup has the versions that aren't already out or near out. So for these leaks to come to us it means they are coming from the inside and a leaked leak by someone other than the owner of the file, it could have serious side effects

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:38 PM
    I just want to say I was going to start going for the leaks but now, there is no more.

Please guys, I'm dying here.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 09:45 PM
    I'd love to see more leaks, but I understand if lbfe doesn't want to any more. When it comes to these leaks there is a process that needs to be followed and it's just too bad some people have stooped to such a low level. Hacking someones account is completely unacceptable. This is even more unacceptable when it's the account of someone who has given so much time to helping fellow CrackBerry members. Having such a trusted source for leaks is a rarity and allows us a very unique experience. Lets hope this never happens again because it is completely disrespectful to the entire CrackBerry community.

lbfe has my vote for whatever he decides to do.
    05-23-13 10:25 PM
    Hope he doesn't stop leaks

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:27 PM
    2009 please...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:29 PM
    +10000000

I have spoken with Kris a few times now, and cant be more thankful for the work he an lbfe put in. Like most of us, I only download the leaks they provide.
    05-23-13 10:53 PM
    I'm really grateful for the work lbfe and Kris have been doing here. Of course I want that work to continue.

This sounds like a very odd incident...
    05-23-13 11:02 PM
    + 1...respect
    05-24-13 05:40 AM
    -1 got left behind without a stable leak like .1880

Posted using The Z10
    05-24-13 06:34 AM
    Thanks to lbfe and Krise for a start, you two are breathing live in to OS10.1 with out this leaks we would be doomed, suffering under the carrier's ignorance for not passing latest OS on to use.
    You made my day every single time a new leaked version came out in the last two months, don't let us down, only because some one pissed you off. All the rest of us do appreciate what you are doing and do count on you with highly respect.
    Again thangs

Posted via Z10
    05-24-13 06:37 AM
    Agreed, the work these guys do for us is very much appreciated. Without them we would be back in 10.0.x boooo. Thanks guys and I hope you guys continue the excellent work.
    05-24-13 07:16 AM
    One suggesting for lbfe, please contact xsacha about your methods for obtaining leak fw. At least he is the only one who bothers with interesting stuff for BB10 (example custom fw, root :P
    05-24-13 07:20 AM
    I hope they continue. Word is that the new versions have a fix for the reboot issue, hope we aren't left without it until Verizon gets around to releasing it (next year if their history is a guide).

They have my respect for the work they've done.
    05-24-13 07:24 AM
    Yesterday someone on one of the forms leaked an unofficial OS under lbfe back, probably he got it and decided to do with it what ever he wants, cuz of this Kris and lbfe got wild saying that no more leaked OS will be coming, lbfe stated before "Next os ota" which is a nicer way of saying good bey for our leak community, I personally can't say sorry cuz I didn't leak it so I didn't download it cuz I don't trust anybody with leaks but lbfe or Kris, so let's all vote and give an apology to the one and only lbfe so he should feel safe that nobody will leak something under his back!
    We all know (if not read the forms) that Kris and lbfe is already testing the Verizon official version of 10.1 which is 10.1.0.2009 and was about to release it here to the CB community to load it but till that guy leaked the 1961 version they got mad and said no more leaks!!!

Again: LETS ALL VOTE THAT LBFE SHOULD NOT LEAVE US BEHIND WITJOUT LEAKS! We need you badly, stay with us and provide us more leaks!

Thanks all for voting!

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    Yessss!!!! sorry don't leave us high and dry, maybe Kevin can block the offenders so that not everyone is punished....lol and if not, thanks for the previous leaks
    05-24-13 08:13 AM
    +1 becuse the controlled leaks are good for CB and the CB feedback is good for BB. I support kris and lbfe contributions to the community. Keep up the awesome work guys.
    05-24-13 08:35 AM
    I don't install leaks because they are only for the brave or the knowledgeable. However it is clear that there are a lot of fans who really enjoy these official leaks (oxymoron! ) and they are an important part of this OS growing experience. Please keep the leaks going for these trail blazing fools. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:50 AM
    I love lbfe
    05-24-13 08:57 AM
    they would be acting very childish if they stop sending leaks because someone post a leak grow up if thats the case
    05-24-13 09:31 AM
    they would be acting very childish if they stop sending leaks because someone post a leak grow up if thats the case
    It's the way the leak was posted. It was disrespectful. They should've had the decency to host the file themselves

Posted via CB10
    russmov likes this.
    05-24-13 09:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:14 AM
    You can't steal someone else's work and put it out there as your own. Its just not kosher!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:20 AM
    My carrier is f Slow in releasing new official update, I need leaked os badly.
    05-24-13 10:30 AM
    2009 is now released find it in the leaked OS forums

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:47 AM
    Safe leaks are what's important, random unknown leaks can have too many problems with them.

I prefer not bricking.

VOTE for lbfe.
    05-24-13 11:21 AM
    I greatly appreciate all the hardwork that Kris and lbfe do. Please don't stop.
    05-24-13 11:58 AM
116 ... 2345