I have a voice mail notification that will not delete from hub. The same thing happened to me in beginning of March when I first got my z10. Telus technicians tried resetting my voice mail and numerous other things. Even one of Telus's "BlackBerry Experts" in Toronto couldn't figure it out. With all the calls that were made I spent over 3 hours trying to correct the problem. I finally said to myself that I'd take a break from talking to technicians for a while and work on the problem again in a week or two. But, then Telus released a software update and when I updated, the notification disappeared. Now it's happened again. So, if Telus couldn't help me last time, I'm kind of doubting they could help me this time. So, I'm trying to decide whether to do a factory reset to see if that would solve the problem or just wait for BlackBerry 10.1 to be released. Which is supposed to happening soon. This is the only problem that I've had with the z10 and I understand that there will be some glitches on a new OS like BlackBerry 10. So, any advice for me?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:40 AM
    Easy fix. and you are right, there isnt a single thing Telus can do, its a BlackBerry problem.

Just back up the phone on BlackBerry Link on a computer. Then factory reset/wipe your phone. Then download your backed up copy from BB Link, and you are good to go.

The whole process shouldnt take more than 15 minutes or so.

Oh, and BB is aware of this problem and it will likely be fixed on 10.1 update.
    kellysz01 likes this.
    04-15-13 05:04 AM
    Before you factory reset your phone, try this...it worked for me....some steps may not be necessary or slight variations might work, but this is what I did to get rid of my vmail waiting icon, after it being stuck there for a couple of weeks!

Call yourself from your zed ten, it'll go straight to voice mail, leave a short message. End call.
    Wait until you get new voice mail alert.
    Dial in to voice mail, listen to the message you just left yourself in full. Delete message. Wait until voice mail woman (why is it always a woman?!) says you have no new messages. End call.
    Restart phone.
    If new voice mail icon is still in hub, long press on it until menu bar on right appears. Select delete.

Like I said, there might be another way to do it, or what I just listed might not help, but it did work for me. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    kellysz01 and Ns8shbl like this.
    04-15-13 08:09 AM
    Easy fix. and you are right, there isnt a single thing Telus can do, its a BlackBerry problem.

Just back up the phone on BlackBerry Link on a computer. Then factory reset/wipe your phone. Then download your backed up copy from BB Link, and you are good to go.

The whole process shouldnt take more than 15 minutes or so.

Oh, and BB is aware of this problem and it will likely be fixed on 10.1 update.
    Thanks for the advice. I backed it up this morning. I was afraid to do the wipe because I thought it would take a long time to wipe and restore. But, 15 minutes isn't too bad. I was thinking it might take hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:40 PM
    Before you factory reset your phone, try this...it worked for me....some steps may not be necessary or slight variations might work, but this is what I did to get rid of my vmail waiting icon, after it being stuck there for a couple of weeks!

Call yourself from your zed ten, it'll go straight to voice mail, leave a short message. End call.
    Dial in to voice mail, listen to the message you just left yourself in full. Delete message. Wait until voice mail woman (why is it always a woman?!) says you have no new messages. End call.
    Restart phone.
    If new voice mail icon is still in hub, long press on it until menu bar on right appears. Select delete.

Like I said, there might be another way to do it, or what I just listed might not help, but it did work for me. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    I'll try this first. Thanks for the advice.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:41 PM

Restart phone.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I thought I'd let you know that this fix didn't work. This was one of the things that Telus support tried several times with me when it first happened. But, I thought I'd give it another try. But, thanks anyway. I appreciate the advice that people share here on CrackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:08 PM
    Hi, I did the wipe and restore. It took a couple of hours to do the restore. It had to update software before the restore. But, it's all done and my voice mail notification is gone from the hub. Thanks for the advice guys! All is as it should be on my BlackBerry Z10!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:55 PM
    I have the same thing going on with some Facebook notifications...one on April 6 and one today on May 6...they simply won't go away
    05-06-13 08:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem with mail notifications not deleting. Apparently either BB hasn't fixed this problem or Verizon hasn't bothered to roll out the fix. Either way, going through a whole wipe deal each time it happens isn't going to be okay.
    05-09-13 08:05 AM
    Those unfortunately are the options at this point until an update is released. Either wipe and reload or do nothing. Verizon was not helpful and mystified when I talked with them about this issue.
    05-09-13 08:28 AM
    Once again, I have two voice mail notifications that won't delete from my hub. This is the third time it's happened to me. I'm the person who started this thread. The only choices I have are wait for the next software update (that's what cleared them the first time it happened). Or wipe my phone and reinstall everything again (how I cleared them the second time it happened). Even my service provider's (Telus) "BlackBerry Expert" wasn't able to help me. I've had my Z10 since launch day in Canada and I love it. This ongoing voice mail notification is my only complaint. I hope that BlackBerry can solve this on going problem in a future software update.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:11 PM
    I had exactly the same issue.
    It disappeared when I deleted the voice mail

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:26 PM
    Have you tried a hub reset? I haven't seen you mention it, I assume you've rebooted too?

Go to the phone app, and to the VVM section and view what you have there. If you have a message there try deleting it.

If the added notification still remains in the hub I can suggest to remove from the Visual Voice Mail from the settings menu in the hub, tree dots bottom right.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:26 PM
    Hi, thanks for the advice. I have rebooted my z10 a few times, it didn't work. My service provider (Telus) tried to reset my voice mail system and that didn't work. I tried resetting the hub by doing 5 swipes diagonally from top right. It didn't seem to work. I must be doing something wrong. I have changed the settings so voice mail notifications no longer show up in the hub. I will work on it Sunday afternoon.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 05:55 AM
    I contacted BlackBerry Help on Twitter about this problem. They sent me a link to their knowledge base page about the voice mail notifications not deleting from the hub. I don't know how to copy and paste a web address, so I can't post link here. But, is all that it says is that they're aware of the problem and they're working on it. But, they can't provide a time table as to when the issue might be resolved. A person can search the knowledge base and I'm sure you'll find the page if you're interested.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:32 PM
    Well, today was my 3rd attempt at correcting this problem with Verizon. I have had a voicemail notification in the hub since 4/12. All other voicemail notifications have been successfully deleted but this one won't go away. Verizon rep (3rd person I talked with) deleted my voicemail account and I had to re-establish the account with a new password, etc., (all things that were tried previously) but the stupid thing stills remains in the hub. An hour and half later even after the rep got a Z10 to access the hub etc., the rep says I don't know what to do other than writing up a ticket and within 3 to 4 days you will be contacted with a resolution. Since that problem wasn't resolved, I asked about the second problem that I had called about (3 weeks ago) which is the reseting/rebooting issue. Was told that BlackBerry knows about this and it's high priority for them. That's my story.
    05-13-13 07:11 PM
    This ever get resolved?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:41 PM
    Was resolved long ago even on 10.0. I am surprised the OP is having the issue in 10.1! I had the problem in .285, but when upgrading to a later 10.0 OS, it went away, never to return again.
    05-29-13 07:24 PM
    I have a Q10 (10.1) and not a Z10, but had a similar issue of not being able to delete voice mails. It seems the only way it could be deleted was by listening to the entire msg, until the option to delete the msg off the server was offered.

If I choose not to listen to the message, then I am unable to delete it from the hub, and the vm notifications keeps appearing on the screen.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    05-29-13 07:43 PM
    I just had this happen to me today. FOR ME, the problem was not listening to the voice mail to the very end. I tried deleting the notification from the hub without success until I went back into my voice mail & listened to the COMPLETE msg & when I ended the call, the voice mail notification deleted itself from the hub.

Before listening to the very end of the msg I long pressed the notification in the hub to delete it but the trash can wasn't highlighted which reminded me this occurred to me previously prompting me to go back to the voice mail.

It was a simple fix for me & I'm not sure it will solve your problem but I just wanted to share my experience. Plus if this does delete your notification, I wouldn't classify this as a problem so much, but more a design issue.

ALSO, it may be that you need to enter into your voice mail by selecting the notification from within the hub & not the call app. Could be worth a try if you haven't done so already. Hope you let us know how you make out.
    Last edited by fmb8; 05-29-13 at 07:56 PM.
    SharonRD likes this.
    05-29-13 07:45 PM
    Yep, same thing for me, fmb8.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    05-29-13 07:48 PM
    Was resolved long ago even on 10.0. I am surprised the OP is having the issue in 10.1! I had the problem in .285, but when upgrading to a later 10.0 OS, it went away, never to return again.
    What 10.0 OS resolved it? Carrier or leak? I've had my phone for about a month now and my voicemail notification in the hub won't go away. Still using the same 10.0 OS for Verizon that came with the phone. I guess 10.1 OS "should" fix it.
    05-29-13 08:50 PM
    I had the voice mail notification that wouldn't delete happen twice. The problem seems to have been corrected when I installed the BlackBerry 10.1 update trough Telus Mobility. So, if your carrier hasn't released the 10.1 update try to have some patience. Or you could do what I did at the time. Do a complete whipe of your phone and reinstall your OS and apps. I don't understand why all the carriers don't release OS updates at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 01:19 AM
    Great fix AFT1981. I had to do it twice because the old message indicator light went away but the new message stayed after being deleted. I did your same fix again and the indicator is gone. THANKS, it has been bothering me for two months. 1 Note - it wouldn't let me leave a message so I called from another number and left the message.
    05-30-13 08:57 PM
    Ah man call into your voice mail leave a message, then listen to it and then delete it, notification in hub then can be deleted.

If this not work.

Then pull battery out for 10 min then put it back in and then see if it can be deleted, if not do number one option I posted about again and see of that removes it.

This is not a BlackBerry issues but a carrier issue, I at times had the issue with rogers and doing option one I posted about allowed for me to delete notification.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 10:05 PM
32 12