Voice control - using it to make a call, this is the way it worked - revision by revision...

Well, maybe not a bug, but a poorly thought out feature...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS 10, 1st release - Voice Control>>beep tone>>

1) "Call so and so..."
    2) Do you want to call so and so now?
    3) "Yes"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OS 10, 2nd release - Voice Control>>beep tone>>

1) "Call so and so..."
    2) Do you want to call so and so now? You can also say "edit or cancel" (dumb)
    3) "Yes"

OS 10.1 - Voice Control>>"what would you like to do?">>

1) "Call so and so..."
    2) Do you want to call so and so now?
    3) "Yes"

It appears that they have finally addressed it and brought it back to what it was in the 1st release. They broke it, and then fixed it...
    R1cowl and Uzi like this.
    04-25-13 08:01 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I don't think I've EVER tried my voice dialing since I've had my device. Then again, I barely make calls, if I do, it is from my car over the internal Bluetooth...
    04-26-13 06:49 AM
    My voice control never seems to be able to find anyone in my contacts list. Yet if I open contacts the person /companies are listed. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:00 AM
    Sometimes my Ford sync system drives me mad. I have a friend named Butch in my phone book. Had to change his name because every time I said "call Butch" the dumb thing would either call Laura or work?

Can't figure out how Butch sounds even remotely close to Laura or work
    04-26-13 07:01 AM
    I am currently using the second version and it is very annoying. I'm glad they have changed it for 10.1, however I would prefer the old BBOS version without the beep tones and just asks for a command. I always start talking at the first tone that activates Voice dialing from my BT device, then it doesn't recognize what I said. It seems to be similar to the iPhone voice app (with the beep tone to start talking). :-(
    05-02-13 08:54 AM