Can I join the club?

I have no headless apps at all and I've never had them.

Although I don't mind she doesn't speak back to me its still an issue.
    02-01-14 06:53 PM
    Can I join the club?

I have no headless apps at all and I've never had them.

Although I don't mind she doesn't speak back to me its still an issue.
    Come right in and join the fun!

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    02-01-14 06:58 PM
    She's talking now!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:53 AM
    She's talking now!

Posted via CB10
    Still zilch for me.
    02-02-14 01:06 AM
    Still zilch for me.
    Same

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-02-14 08:01 AM
    OK so I ended up bricking my device trying to figure this out. So since I had to restore I decided to experiment.

I reloaded the fresh new Os from link, let is settle without a restore. Did not entered a bbid upon setup. Tried voice control and it took me through the setup and she was talking and then afterwards she talked.

Next I opened my BBM and entered my bbid, it ran through its restore. I then tried voice control again and she was broke.

So I dunno. I'm off to redo the snap app and get all my android apps back.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:19 AM
    Nothing here either. Just wondering for anyone that has this up and running, do you have your 'voice control' settings set to 'full voice recognition' or 'voice dialing only'?
    I've tried all sorts of things and nothing is working. I'm now trying to reboot using top button on phone. But before reboot, I set my 'voice control' to 'full voice recognition'. The kicker here which I do not get, is after reboot, the setting for 'voice control' is in 'voice dialing only' mode and not where I had left it at. That is to say' full voice recognition'.
    I'm also kind of surprised that there is not more stink about this. Do not more people use voice control on bb10? If not, try it, it really is useful ... when it works!!
    02-02-14 08:41 AM
    OK so I ended up bricking my device trying to figure this out. So since I had to restore I decided to experiment.

I reloaded the fresh new Os from link, let is settle without a restore. Did not entered a bbid upon setup. Tried voice control and it took me through the setup and she was talking and then afterwards she talked.

Next I opened my BBM and entered my bbid, it ran through its restore. I then tried voice control again and she was broke.

So I dunno. I'm off to redo the snap app and get all my android apps back.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean "tried voice control and it took me through the setup"? I don't ever recall any set up for voice control since I got the Z10 in April. I do remember on a previous device, either Pearl or Bold, going through a set up and saying and repeating various numbers and letters but not the Z10. Did I miss something?

02-02-14 09:38 AM
    What do you mean "tried voice control and it took me through the setup"? I don't ever recall any set up for voice control since I got the Z10 in April. I do remember on a previous device, either Pearl or Bold, going through a set up and saying and repeating various numbers and letters but not the Z10. Did I miss something?

It asked me to setup language and maybe even my country.... and I had to "agree".
    02-02-14 09:39 AM
    Mine is the same- very faint on "full voice recognition" BUT if i go to "Voice dialing only" i hear it fine. On both setting i hear the phone calls fine through my bluetooth.
    I have restarted my device, no help, this problem started when i installed the last update. I have deleted my bluetooth and reset no change.

Thanks for any help
    02-02-14 09:47 AM
    same thing for me
    02-02-14 09:59 AM
    I am trying to make this voice recognition capability work for me. This recent setback has not been helpful. I have used the function to send a number of transcription error filled emails in the past and for the most part the recipients have been quite polite in their accommodation. Has anyone noticed that it is not possible to edit emails generated through this function prior to dispatch. The only option is to re-dictate. It would be more useful to be able to have access to the transcription for minor corrections. What do you think? What is the best ay to get this feedback to the powers at Blackberry?
    02-02-14 11:39 AM
    Why keep trying? It has to be BlackBerry issue

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:12 PM
    Why keep trying? It has to be BlackBerry issue

Posted via CB10
    Seems it works until I enter a bbid on the device. Seems like a clash of something.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:51 PM
    any word from BlackBerry on this?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:34 AM
    any word from BlackBerry on this?

Posted via CB10
    Not yet , I'll bug them on Wednesday if we haven't heard anything yet.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    02-03-14 09:47 AM
    Just changed the Voice Control language to "English (UK)" and now have Full Voice Recognition with a polite British accent. You just have to wait a few minutes for your directory to reindex. It works!

CB10 via Z10 on 10.2.1.1925
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    02-03-14 11:23 AM
    Just changed the Voice Control language to "English (UK)" and now have Full Voice Recognition with a polite British accent. You just have to wait a few minutes for your directory to reindex. It works!

This fixed the issue thanks!

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-03-14 11:36 AM

I just tried this. Didn't work for me. However I did find something interesting in all this. When I use Voice Dialing only, the lovely female voice that used to make calls in BBOS 6 changes to the OS10 Voice Control female to actually make the call. Figure that one out!

02-03-14 11:42 AM
    I just tried this. Didn't work for me. However I did find something interesting in all this. When I use Voice Dialing only, the lovely female voice that used to make calls in BBOS 6 changes to the OS10 Voice Control female to actually make the call. Figure that one out!

I changed the Voice last night and got the reindex massage when I went to test it out. I forgot about it until late this morning and was surprised when she spoke back to me. Checked to make sure I was on Full Voice Recognition and I am. I'll mess around with it more later....make sure it stuck.

02-03-14 11:53 AM
    I changed the Voice last night and got the reindex massage when I went to test it out. I forgot about it until late this morning and was surprised when she spoke back to me. Checked to make sure I was on Full Voice Recognition and I am. I'll mess around with it more later....make sure it stuck.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that after that I tried full voice again and still wasn't working.

02-03-14 11:59 AM

I've tried this the other day, as well as other languages and doesn't fix it for me. :-(
    02-03-14 12:07 PM

Further to this I changed back to US after doing this and now the US English works now for me with voice control. Let's see how long this lasts...will keep posted. I've updated Michael Clewley letting him know it helped me but that it hasn't fixed the issue for others. he says they've been having a hard time reproducing the error.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-03-14 12:36 PM
    Further to this I changed back to US after doing this and now the US English works now for me with voice control. Let's see how long this lasts...will keep posted. I've updated Michael Clewley letting him know it helped me but that it hasn't fixed the issue for others. he says they've been having a hard time reproducing the error.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Tell him to drop by my house and I'll show him!

Brandon Orr likes this.
    02-03-14 12:44 PM
    Tell him to drop by my house and I'll show him!

Yea I told him my whole household who never installs leaks all reproduced it, with a range of devices no less.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-03-14 12:48 PM
211 ... 23456 ...