Mine still isn't working, either. I've hard and soft rebooted, toggled the settings, and everything else I can think of. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Running leaked .1925 with .1926 radio.

I can't seem to find my "thanks" buttons so I can't say 'thank you' to you guys.
    Last edited by BBNewB5; 01-31-14 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    01-31-14 08:37 AM
    Tweeted Michael Clewley again. He says his team is still looking into it.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    01-31-14 04:29 PM
    Tweeted Michael Clewley again. He says his team is still looking into it.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Thanks guy. Btw, your app is awesome

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr and toy4mud like this.
    01-31-14 04:47 PM
    Guys I think this is a server thing not an os thing. When you switch to voice dial only it's a local service in the phone. The voice is even different. The full voice recognition has a different speech and I believe is reliant on a service off of the phone.

It seems that most people have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:54 PM
    Guys I think this is a server thing not an os thing. When you switch to voice dial only it's a local service in the phone. The voice is even different. The full voice recognition has a different speech and I believe is reliant on a service off of the phone.

It seems that most people have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    Ya but you can hear her very very very faintly on blue tooth. I'm not sure if that would be a server setting issue or not. Hopefully we will find out something.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:18 PM
    Thanks guy. Btw, your app is awesome

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I'm glad you like it!

- Developer of PinGuin
    01-31-14 06:13 PM
    Ya but you can hear her very very very faintly on blue tooth. I'm not sure if that would be a server setting issue or not. Hopefully we will find out something.

Posted via CB10
    Also very faint on the phone. Just have to listen close when it is quiet.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    01-31-14 06:16 PM
    Also very faint on the phone. Just have to listen close when it is quiet.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    Unless the volume is controlled by the server I think it's something locally on the phone because of this.

- Developer of PinGuin
    01-31-14 06:42 PM
    I will chime in...I have a Z30 running on T-Mobile USA,(running a 10.2.1.1925 leak), I have posted many threads on the for the last week. Mine too came back to life yesterday, but now is gone! I can hear the faint voice talking back, and I mean faint. It has to be on Blackberry's end and not the carriers.....there are so many of us having this issue...lets all keep each other posted!
    01-31-14 06:58 PM
    I'm tempted to do a wipe and start over.... but from what I have been reading it only comes back broken later on. I've disabled almost everything, and removed most of the apps on the phone, left the battery out for hours... still nothing.
    01-31-14 07:12 PM
    Well Camelhmpz its not just Verizon, Im on T-Mobile and there are others...I say its on Blackberry end, I HOPE they are aware....and like I said, my z30 voice control was working until midday today.....
    01-31-14 07:15 PM
    Just moved to Voice Dial only. That seems to work. I tried to toggle between full voice recognition, voice dial only, and back to full voice recognition,however, that didn't seem to fix the original poblem.

Voice dial isn't a full fix, but it will do for now. Sometimes I need to send off a quick text to a client or colleague while driving, so it would be nice to have the full voice recognition, but I can live with the reduced functionality for now.

I hope they find the issue quickly.
    01-31-14 07:24 PM
    Again any updates or issues get resolved please keep us posted!
    01-31-14 07:28 PM
    I'm tempted to do a wipe and start over.... but from what I have been reading it only comes back broken later on. I've disabled almost everything, and removed most of the apps on the phone, left the battery out for hours... still nothing.
    I don't think you should, based on everything we've done and heard, I think we're stuck holding tight for BlackBerry to come with a fix.

- Developer of PinGuin
    01-31-14 08:01 PM
    Hi...I would also recommend that you don't do that. It's just a hassle and I don't think the problem lies with your phone, per se. It's either the BB server or something that was pushed down to our phones from them on Tuesday of this week.

What I continue to not understand is why some of us (including me) are back up and running with just a simple reboot...but others are still experiencing the issue. I'm running the leaked version with the latest radio file...but I've heard of others that are the same configuration and their reboot didn't fix Voice Control.

I would recommend patience for now, as it's sounds like BB is aware and working on the issue.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-31-14 09:14 PM
    Mine still isn't working, either. I've hard and soft rebooted, toggled the settings, and everything else I can think of. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Running leaked .1925 with .1926 radio.

I can't seem to find my "thanks" buttons so I can't say 'thank you' to you guys.
    Right Click and "Refresh" or "Reload" and that'll bring back the "Thanks" and "Like!"
    02-01-14 12:04 AM
    Ya I'm holding off on a wipe. Weird how a reboot fixes it for some. I'm going to poke around in the settings for media and see if anything is related.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:09 AM
    When I installed the leak a few weeks ago none of my voice prompts worked for about the first week even after reboots, etc. Then all of a sudden started working after a week with no explanation.

Has anyone been experiencing the issue for longer than a week? Wondering if it only occurs right after fresh installs / upgrades.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-01-14 08:35 AM
    UPDATE!!!!!>> Ok here we go again, my Z30 running on T-Mobile(10.2.1.1925) VOICE CONTROL WORKING AGAIN....Here Is what I did, whether or not it will last is a good question. As of 9am est, no voice feedback. I press down the top button on the Z30 and "hold" it down until ...you will see a few red blinks on the led, then the screen will show "blackberry"...release, when all the icon appear...try voice control again...I tried this procedure 4 times....then it started to work......if it goes OUT AGAIN I will report back......if you don't hear from me...take it that its working....Philip
    02-01-14 08:55 AM
    UPDATE!!!!!>> Ok here we go again, my Z30 running on T-Mobile(10.2.1.1925) VOICE CONTROL WORKING AGAIN....Here Is what I did, whether or not it will last is a good question. As of 9am est, no voice feedback. I press down the top button on the Z30 and "hold" it down until ...you will see a few red blinks on the led, then the screen will show "blackberry"...release, when all the icon appear...try voice control again...I tried this procedure 4 times....then it started to work......if it goes OUT AGAIN I will report back......if you don't hear from me...take it that its working....Philip
    Unfortunately I've tried several hard boots, soft boots, restarts, battery pulls, haven't had a change yet. :-(

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:19 AM
    Unfortunately I've tried several hard boots, soft boots, restarts, battery pulls, haven't had a change yet. :-(

Posted via CB10
    There are a few threads on this. I wouldn't bother with wipes, battery pulls, etc. Unfortunately none of that seems to do anything consistently. The only work around is to switch to voice-dialing only for now until a patch rolls out.
    02-01-14 09:29 AM
    This is just nuts. It was working fine yesterday. Now this morning it's not working again. Reboot did not fix it this time.
    02-01-14 10:51 AM
    No questions there are issues, like many have said. I HOPE Blackberry is aware...I tried several times doing my re-boot procedure last nite, and nothing worked...However as I stated , 9am est after doing 4 or 5 of my described re-sets, its still working at of almost 12 noon est, not to say it may go away...
    02-01-14 11:00 AM
    Tried this a few times to no avail. I will try 3-4 consecutive reboots to see if that fixes it.

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-01-14 01:26 PM
    Same here..... nothing. when I had the leak the same thing happened and lasted for about a week then it started working. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 01:51 PM
211 12345 ...