Hi everyone,

I have been having a problem with the voice control, as after i have used the voice control the volume control buttons no longer works on my z10. Anyone else have this problem? Also the only way to fix this is to reboot the phone
    Do you think this may be software related?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by Blackberryrules12; 02-13-13 at 02:37 AM. Reason: forgot to add
    02-13-13 02:34 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have been having a problem with the voice control, as after i have used the voice control the volume control buttons no longer works on my z10. Anyone else have this problem? Also the only way to fix this is to reboot the phone
    Do you think this may be software related?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated
    Yes, there is a software issue with Voice Control that leads to the behavior you describe. Also, a "play" indicator may appear at the top-left corner of your screen. It should be fixed in a future software update. No ETA is known right now. Do not exchange devices for this issue.

Also, there appears to be a workaround that doesn't require a reboot. I think involves activating Voice Control and using it for a specific action. Hopefully, someone else will reply with what works.

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry Forums and congratulations on your new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone!
    02-13-13 03:11 AM
    Awesome, thanks for the response. It is good to year other people have had this problem I was worried I had to bring the phone back. Love my Z10, best phone i have used
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-13-13 08:11 AM
    Awesome, thanks for the response. It is good to year other people have had this problem I was worried I had to bring the phone back. Love my Z10, best phone i have used
    No, no need go bring the phone back for this issue. It's a known issue.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 10:44 AM
    I have noticed that this only happens when using the voice dictation feature and not voice commands (ie. activating from the keyboard by long pressing the period key). I get the play icon stuck and the volume keys stop working. The fix, without rebooting, is to activate voice control from the home screen by holding down the voice button (as if you were going to issue a voice command) and then close the voice control from there. The play icon should be gone and the volume buttons will work again.
    b320 likes this.
    02-13-13 10:47 AM
    I have noticed that this only happens when using the voice dictation feature and not voice commands (ie. activating from the keyboard by long pressing the period key). I get the play icon stuck and the volume keys stop working. The fix, without rebooting, is to activate voice control from the home screen by holding down the voice button (as if you were going to issue a voice command) and then close the voice control from there. The play icon should be gone and the volume buttons will work again.
    Thanks so much for (re) posting this.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 10:52 AM
    I have a similar thing. And moreover, there is a conflict between the music app and the voice control. So, if I use the voice control then try to play back my music, it simply does not wok! The cursor shows that the music is running but I can hear nothing!

The more frustrating thing is that I can't open the voice control! So I press the hard key or touch the screen to open the app and boom, nothing happens! So I am stuck, no voice command, no music and the only way is to restart!

Also, sometimes the voice control starts automatically when I plug in my headphones, even if I didn't hit the button.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    03-02-13 09:49 PM