So I'm not the best virtual keyboard typeset, however, I finally discovered how well voice command works. When creating a new email, rather than type, just press and hold the Voice Command key for a second (same as the period key) and start talking - I microphone icon appears....Start talking.... When done, just press the icon that appears. Whola, your email is all typed and it works so well I'm blown away.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-07-13 06:23 PM
    I do this in my car, either send a txt or bbm or email while driving. The only down side is, it doesn't read a msg to you. But this is a great feature.
    bungaboy and Bold9930 like this.
    04-07-13 06:26 PM
    It's works great in the car as well. Get it hooked up to your car if you have the blue tooth feature. It's awesome

Posted via CB10
    Bold9930 likes this.
    04-07-13 06:26 PM
    I was wondering about the car...Cool, maybe I'm starting to see how the voice command in the car will be useful after all. So if I'm connected via BT in my car and want to type an email, what are the steps for this?
    04-07-13 06:31 PM
    While your connected to blue tooth dial the number 999-555-1234. If you dial the number while not connected you'll get voice recording saying the number is not valid. Once your connected, just use your voice to choose text, email, bbm, etc....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:52 PM
    When in the car and connected to bluetooth the voice dictation doesn't work...no audio prompt and capture of voice. Wonder if there are specific settings you need to use?
    04-10-13 07:59 PM
    I was pleasantly surprised too! it is awesome!
    04-10-13 08:40 PM
    When in the car and connected to bluetooth the voice dictation doesn't work...no audio prompt and capture of voice. Wonder if there are specific settings you need to use?
    So when your connected and choose voice command, it won't take dictation?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:10 AM
    I also have a dial pad in my car and I often use that. Let me check today to give you step by step of what I did, and I'll post back later

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:12 AM
    I do this in my car, either send a txt or bbm or email while driving. The only down side is, it doesn't read a msg to you. But this is a great feature.
    Agreed, I've used it on my motorbike with the hands free bluetooth kit. Works for emails, texts , calls etc very very good. As you say it needs to read the messages back when it detects it's on a headset/car kit.

And it'd be really nice to be able to speak to the sat nav app and say navigate me to post code / address etc
    04-11-13 08:15 AM
    Remember that some blue tooth in cars are better. I can actually receive a text email, and have it read to me while driving. I don't use this option that often because usually people are in my car and I don't want them to hear my texts, email, bbm ect.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:15 AM
    Remember that some blue tooth in cars are better. I can actually receive a text email, and have it read to me while driving. I don't use this option that often because usually people are in my car and I don't want them to hear my texts, email, bbm ect.

Posted via CB10
    What software are you using for the speech playback for text and email? I haven't found this option yet and thought I would need an app for that.
    04-13-13 10:31 AM
    Well this sound very interesting. Another neat feature.

I am going to check it out in my truck's MyGig Uconnect System.

Thanks.
    04-13-13 10:55 AM
    Wow, I didn't even know this existed lol. Thanks!!
    04-13-13 11:43 AM
    I tried this today and it is GREAT! Sent an email with 100% dictation accuracy.

Can't wait for the ability to have incoming emails, tests and BBMs read out to me.
    04-15-13 09:39 PM
    When I use mine, I just press the voice button on my phone when in the car. Since it's paired via BT, it automatically invokes the code in the car and I can start speaking. I'm amazed at how accurate it picks up words and prompts me for either a text or email message. I literly can send out countless emails and text messages while driving without pressing a key!

Dear BB, just a thought, but you should advertise this feature. It's that good.
    04-19-13 08:44 PM