I have an RBC and TD visa (and debit) cards that I use just by tapping. Why can't I input the card numbers or something just to tap my z10 for quick purchases. How long does this take? CIBC apparently has it for a bold model.
    I'm wondering why this is taking so long to come out?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:12 AM
    NFC is more involved than just entering the card number. Your bank has to get involved. RBC said they will have a solution by the end of the year but I think they are working with Bell right now. TD has been quiet about the topic.
    05-24-13 10:18 AM
    Encryption, I'm not exactly sure but I believe you need a paywave/nfc sim card and also the bank app. I don't think anyone else besides one of the Canadian banks have enabled nfc purchases.
    05-24-13 10:18 AM
    CIBC has indicated that they are working on their mobile payment app and exoect to release it soon. You will also need an NFC enabled SIM from your carrier to work with the app. I had the CIBC Mobile payment app on my Bold 9900 and it worked very well. I too am anxiously waiting for this on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:23 AM
    Also remember that you will need a special sim card, there is an NFC Sim card that is required. When the app becomes available.

I was even at the movies yesterday and i hade to use a scene card, wish they had their app nfc enabled so that i would have to pull out my phone all the time

Posted via CB10
    I think I might glue my visa to the back of my z10 and wave payments with my phone!
    People will ask what phone i'm using, and I'll say the z10 with my own personal "app"

Posted via CB10
    I think I might glue my visa to the back of my z10 and wave payments with my phone!
    People will ask what phone i'm using, and I'll say the z10 with my own personal "app"

Posted via CB10
    BMO has a pay pass tag you can get. It is a small sticker you stick on the back of your cell phone that lets you swipe your phone to pay for purchase. Same idea as above.
    07-17-13 03:17 PM
    Exactly, over here Barclays are also issuing debit stickers to stick on your phone

If they can make it work on a sticker, why can't they make it work on the phones NFC?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 04:08 PM
    I'm no pro but here's what I've gathered from reading and also calling rbc tech support to ask for the ability to do this.

Guess the point from the nfc chip to the pos system needs to be encrypted( think BlackBerry has the rights to this). From the nfc chip over the airwaves- that's also got to be secured ( joint company called enstream).

Rbc and cibc have done media events in the past promoting this option. No idea when it will be out or why it's taking this long.

Enstream.com for more info on how our lovely mobile providers in Canada have found another way to gouge us lol.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    07-18-13 12:30 AM