Ok so I have purchased and rented a few movies from blackberry world and I have a question... I use the DLNA feature to stream movies from my z10 to my xbox 360, however, content purchased from the app store gives me an error and won't play.. I copied the movies onto the computer and see that they are .wmv files which doesnt make sense since xbox microsoft windows media etc. has anybody else run into the same issue? And how can I resolve this issue? It would suck if there was no work around or way to convert these to mp4
    03-22-13 09:48 AM
    That's odd, I haven't had any issues with the videos at all. Which videos did you purchase?

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-22-13 09:58 AM
    That's odd, I haven't had any issues with the videos at all. Which videos did you purchase?

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    I rented dark knight rises and I purchased looper... Neither of which will play.. all the movies that i have on my phone from my computer will play just fine
    03-22-13 10:03 AM
    Videos purchased from apps store-img_00000716.png

This is the error message I get when I try to use the "Play On" feature with a video rented from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    jautrey and adjdudley21 like this.
    03-22-13 10:16 AM
    Did you set it up properly? Enabling your device and ensuring that you selected the video share setting on?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-22-13 10:17 AM
    Is that only the case with dlna or if you have a hdmi cable as well?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-22-13 10:18 AM

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    It is only the case when playing videos from appworld.. all personal videos and movies upload elsewhere work fine.... and also it works hdmi just not dlna which sucks since my home theater won't play sound when hooked up hdmi unless i find a way to convert the headphone audio to toslink
    03-22-13 10:25 AM

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Works fine over HDMI. Including audio.

It's only a problem for videos purchased or rented from BlackBerry World and only when trying to use the Play On feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 11:12 AM
    Somebody help our poor little souls. Or point us in the direction of someone with blackberry that can help us. The email I used said it couldn't be received by a person

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 11:33 AM
    It has to do with DRM. not sure why the DRM is locked to the point you can't stream over DLNA, considering you can over HDMI... but it's all having to do with DRM and DRM only....
    03-22-13 12:04 PM
    It has to do with DRM. not sure why the DRM is locked to the point you can't stream over DLNA, considering you can over HDMI... but it's all having to do with DRM and DRM only....
    With DRM movies on itunes i am able to convert them to drm free do you know how i could do this with these movies...?? i find that ridiculous tho because dlna is done in your house.. its not copying or recording movies... this is dumb
    03-22-13 12:18 PM
    With DRM movies on itunes i am able to convert them to drm free do you know how i could do this with these movies...?? i find that ridiculous tho because dlna is done in your house.. its not copying or recording movies... this is dumb
    I honestly don't know, haven't purchased or rented any movies from BB World... and I agree, it is dumb.

Other people have had this issue, and when they use HDMI, it works, so I'm not sure what to say about it unless DLNA is not HDCP compatible where as HDMI is.
    03-22-13 12:41 PM
    Does anyone know if there is an app to playback video files of purchased videos on a windows computer (due to the encryption)?

I noticed on my PlayBook, that the files are ISMV, and they are encrypted and I can't open them to play on my PC. I chatted online but of course the guy was clueless and told me I can watch from cinemanow.com, but that doesn't seem to be connected to the BlackBerry Video Store login, I'm assuming because Rovi makes white-label solutions and Cinema Now (Best Buy) is a separate product. It discourages purchases if I can only view them specifically from PlayBook (and BB10 devices in the future, I presume).
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    03-23-13 05:21 PM
    Does anyone know if there is an app to playback video files of purchased videos on a windows computer (due to the encryption)?

I noticed on my PlayBook, that the files are ISMV, and they are encrypted and I can't open them to play on my PC. I chatted online but of course the guy was clueless and told me I can watch from cinemanow.com, but that doesn't seem to be connected to the BlackBerry Video Store login, I'm assuming because Rovi makes white-label solutions and Cinema Now (Best Buy) is a separate product. It discourages purchases if I can only view them specifically from PlayBook (and BB10 devices in the future, I presume).
    My sentiments as well... I will not be buying from blackberry until they fix it.. I can buy on itunes and use a video converter to strip the drm and I am perfectly fine with that
    03-27-13 09:53 AM
    Anyone able to get BlackBerry World rented/purchased videos to play via dlna?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:00 AM
    I did, but after renting the movie you have to let it download all the way, before playing it, I ran into the same problem on my xbox, but was able to dlna to my tv(dlna enabled).

Not sure what this problem is, but it has to do with the xbox coding.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:33 AM
    Glad to hear it worked for you. It won't for me. It says "Unsupported File Format" on my tv and gives an error on my phone. :/
    I bought an episode of The Following.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:59 AM
    I don't have a dlna enabled TV nor an HDMI port. It is a first generation HDTV. So I was hoping to use the play on feature through my Xbox as well. No can do. I get a similar error message. I also saw a message saying the file didn't have the proper codec. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update as it is too bad I can't seem to get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 01:21 AM
    Glad to hear it worked for you. It won't for me. It says "Unsupported File Format" on my tv and gives an error on my phone. :/
    I bought an episode of The Following.
    Ditto for me with a Season 2 episode of The Walking Dead.
    TV is a 2011 Samsung UN55D7900 we bought a year ago.

And I can't find my micro HDMI cable... AAAAAARRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!
    I've torn up the house looking for it...
    04-15-13 06:27 AM
    Just rented The Hobbit and had the same thing happen as others: it won`t play over DLNA on our PS3; we get an error saying the media is corrupt (but it plays fine on the phone and via HDMI).
    04-27-13 03:02 PM