before I start buying adapter I figured I would ask. Z10 seems like it could be handy for video out document sharing at meetings however 95% of all projectors we come across are vga . anyone tried this. Would you need a micro hdmi to vga adapter with sound or would headphone jack still work? so if you needed sound you could plug into headphone jack and just have micro hdmi to vga?

any help would be great before spending money on all sorts of adapters.
    02-15-13 11:38 AM
    I'm not sure if such a thing exists. You certainly can get hdmi-dvi adaptors if you're willing to sacrifice audio. Not heard of a hdmi-vga one though.

One word of advice on the cable side of things (coming from my PlayBook experience) , don't cop out and buy a cheap hdmi cable on eBay. I found the connector didn't sit well with the PlayBook and would constantly drop out. After getting a higher quality cable the connection was flawless

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 11:48 AM
    my bad SVGA....
    02-15-13 12:09 PM
    before I start buying adapter I figured I would ask. Z10 seems like it could be handy for video out document sharing at meetings however 95% of all projectors we come across are vga . anyone tried this. Would you need a micro hdmi to vga adapter with sound or would headphone jack still work? so if you needed sound you could plug into headphone jack and just have micro hdmi to vga?

any help would be great before spending money on all sorts of adapters.
    This hardware works:
    HDMI HDCP to SVGA CONVERTER with Audio ADAPTERS,MONITOR,FLAT

NO wire-only solution will convert from digital to analog signals...

This one I havn't tried myself, but is a bit smaller and cheaper:
    Amazon.com: HDMI to VGA Converter: Electronics

Video Only seems to be able to have even simpler solutions:
    Amazon.com: Cable Matters Gold Plated Premium HDMI to VGA M/F Active Adapter in Black: Electronics

-and then you can just tap the Audio from the Audio-Out jack:
    02-15-13 12:24 PM
    so the device will allow me to tap audio out.... I know my pc if I plug in hdmi I need to do some control panel work to allow me to use headphone jack... this is easy if I can use headphone jack on z10 for sound.
    02-15-13 12:38 PM
    didn blackberry once have a device that you could connect to wireless and it plugged into projector?
    02-15-13 12:39 PM
    didn blackberry once have a device that you could connect to wireless and it plugged into projector?
    Yes! I think I remember this. Hutchinson I believe it was only really for PowerPoint presentations and couldn't handle the likes of video files.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 12:57 PM