To everyone asking the question - my PlayBook was connected to WiFi but my Z10 wasn't. Both rang to indicate the incoming video chat - similar to Facetime on multiple iOS/OSX devices with the same iCloud logins. :-)
    02-02-13 07:31 PM
    Hi. You use the word 'obviously' like I should know about the BBM platform, or whatever it's called. I'm an Android and iOS dude. I've never owned a BlackBerry or know anything about them. But I'm thinking of jumping on the BBW ( BlackBerry Band Wagon). I'm tired of being an iSheep and the Nexus 4 doesn't come with LTE turned on which is a deal breaker for me. I hope RIM succeeds. ****, I even bought stock.
    Soo.. I've got a million questions on how I'm going to switch Eco systems.
    Well, this is the place for you. I would pay close attention to anything that Kevin is tracking as far as any issues. So far, few have been cited...nothing major. If u do decide to switch over, keep in mind this is a brand new OS, therefore it will have some growing pains....which is not unlike all other platforms. Good luck and feel free to ask away. Hopefully folks here on CB will be helpful...
    02-02-13 08:59 PM
    Hi. You use the word 'obviously' like I should know about the BBM platform, or whatever it's called. I'm an Android and iOS dude. I've never owned a BlackBerry or know anything about them. But I'm thinking of jumping on the BBW ( BlackBerry Band Wagon). I'm tired of being an iSheep and the Nexus 4 doesn't come with LTE turned on which is a deal breaker for me. I hope RIM succeeds. ****, I even bought stock.
    Soo.. I've got a million questions on how I'm going to switch Eco systems.
    Sorry, I included the "obviously" only because I didn't want to insult you with a statement that is obvious to most BB users. BlackBerry Messenger features, such as the video chat being discussed in this thread, are only compatible with other BlackBerry devices. Therefore, if you want to video chat with other platforms such as iphone and android, you will need a video chat client that is available for all 3 platforms.
    02-02-13 10:54 PM
28 12