I was lying in bed this morning. Had my PlayBook and my Z10 next to me. I'm browsing through some files on my PlayBook when the video chat box pops up - it's my brother. But hang on...my Z10 is ringing as well! Also a video chat request...from my Brother!! What?! Answer on my Z10 for novelty factor. have a flawless 10 min chat with video and audio...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. Why didn't you mention this at launch, BlackBerry?! This is awesome stuff!!
    02-01-13 03:08 AM
    WAIT WHAT!!!!!!???

OK now tell me every thing that happened .. start from the beginning ... I want to know every detail .. where were you ? what time was it ? what PBOS version ? what version of bridge ? the incoming call was the simple Playbook Video Chat ?? and it came in on the z10 as a BBM Video Call ?? were you even connected over bridge or was it all happening thru the cloud ?

tell me moooooooaaaaar !
    02-02-13 12:48 PM
    Without Wi-Fi?? really? I was under the impression that you needed to be on Wi-Fi for it to work. please confirm... please, please, please..... with sugar on top! thanks!
    02-02-13 12:55 PM
    I was lying in bed this morning. Had my PlayBook and my Z10 next to me. I'm browsing through some files on my PlayBook when the video chat box pops up - it's my brother. But hang on...my Z10 is ringing as well! Also a video chat request...from my Brother!! What?! Answer on my Z10 for novelty factor. have a flawless 10 min chat with video and audio...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. Why didn't you mention this at launch, BlackBerry?! This is awesome stuff!!
    They did show a presentation of BBM video chat and also Screen Sharing while on a video chat on BBM. The crowd applauded after the presentation. BlackBerry just need to do a commercial about it and they'll hit the jack pot. March hurry up!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 12:57 PM
    Without Wi-Fi?? really? I was under the impression that you needed to be on Wi-Fi for it to work. please confirm... please, please, please..... with sugar on top! thanks!
    Yup, no wi-fi needed. You can BBM video chat over the Network (3G or 4G). Data would be used while doing so. Voice chat is free so far on wi-fi only but there might be a chance that the carriers would allowed it to be free on the their network, fingers crossed.

02-02-13 01:03 PM
    There's an option to allow for video chat and voice calls over the mobile network. Check out some reviews and the leaked screen shots
    02-02-13 01:08 PM
    02-02-13 01:10 PM
    02-02-13 01:11 PM
    Wow! How was this missed? That's awesome!
    02-02-13 01:34 PM
    They did show a presentation of BBM video chat and also Screen Sharing while on a video chat on BBM. The crowd applauded after the presentation. BlackBerry just need to do a commercial about it and they'll hit the jack pot. March hurry up!

They did not show a BB10 device video calling a playbook which is what we're talking about here.
    02-02-13 01:35 PM
    Yeah I assumed everybody knew about this as well? After my Z10 synced with Facebook, Twitter and BBM, I had the option to video chat my brother's PlayBook also. Works flawlessly.
    just_luc likes this.
    02-02-13 01:40 PM
    You mean...

you was lying down in bed this morning, bored out your mind and decided to call your self from your Z10 to your Playbook for total mind freakyness
    Like putting a phone on each ear and talking

Finally I'll be able to see the back of my head
    Last edited by mr_bold; 02-02-13 at 01:51 PM.
    02-02-13 01:41 PM
    Will you be able to video chat with an iOS device?
    02-02-13 01:50 PM
    Will you be able to video chat with an iOS device?
    With oovoo or skype, not with BBM obviously.
    02-02-13 01:52 PM

Hi. I don't understand. Playbook NEEDS wifi to operate no????? Are you on a 3G playbook?
    Pls more info required
    Keith
    02-02-13 02:04 PM
    With oovoo or skype, not with BBM obviously.
    Hi. You use the word 'obviously' like I should know about the BBM platform, or whatever it's called. I'm an Android and iOS dude. I've never owned a BlackBerry or know anything about them. But I'm thinking of jumping on the BBW ( BlackBerry Band Wagon). I'm tired of being an iSheep and the Nexus 4 doesn't come with LTE turned on which is a deal breaker for me. I hope RIM succeeds. ****, I even bought stock.
    Soo.. I've got a million questions on how I'm going to switch Eco systems.
    02-02-13 02:05 PM
    Hi. I don't understand. Playbook NEEDS wifi to operate no????? Are you on a 3G playbook?
    Pls more info required
    Keith

His PlayBook was on Wifi - but his Z10 was on 3G - and he picked up on his Z10 and able to have a Video chat - Z10 to PlayBook (his brother was most likely over Wifi unless he had a 4G PlayBook)
    Novaone likes this.
    02-02-13 02:09 PM
    His PlayBook was on Wifi - but his Z10 was on 3G - and he picked up on his Z10 and able to have a Video chat - Z10 to PlayBook (his brother was most likely over Wifi unless he had a 4G PlayBook)
    i would definatly think the same thing but this is what he said "...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. "
    02-02-13 02:36 PM
    Hi. You use the word 'obviously' like I should know about the BBM platform, or whatever it's called. I'm an Android and iOS dude. I've never owned a BlackBerry or know anything about them. But I'm thinking of jumping on the BBW ( BlackBerry Band Wagon). I'm tired of being an iSheep and the Nexus 4 doesn't come with LTE turned on which is a deal breaker for me. I hope RIM succeeds. ****, I even bought stock.
    Soo.. I've got a million questions on how I'm going to switch Eco systems.
    In fairness, BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) kinda does what it says on the tin. messaging between BlackBerry`s, but that said, welcome to cb, im sure you`ll find alot of info here
    02-02-13 02:49 PM
    Lol this thread shows how behind the times we've truly been with Blackberry that we are this excited over video chatting from our phones.
    02-02-13 03:01 PM
    So it's facetime for blackberry
    02-02-13 03:18 PM
    I don't know the answer so thus I ask; can you facetime without a Wifi connection on the Iphone4?
    02-02-13 03:38 PM
    Your mind is blown that you can do something people have been doing on all 3 other platforms using 1st party or built-in software for several months to a couple years?

What we need is for the industry to standardize on one solution so that smartphone features aren't rendered useless if you decide to break away form the pack and get something different. We don't need more redundant VoIP/Video Chat built-in apps that are incompatible.
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    02-02-13 03:39 PM
    I don't know the answer so thus I ask; can you facetime without a Wifi connection on the Iphone4?
    Yes you can.
    jsilvey2351 likes this.
    02-02-13 03:40 PM
    I can confirm this is right. Used video chat over 3G today. Worked very well
    02-02-13 05:15 PM
28 12