Hello there
    I am a blackberry Z10 user Stl 100-1 and i was using quite long time viber the thing is after the last update i cannot see any number that has Viber from my contacts list , ??????????

What can i do I mean the app viber it acts as if i do not have any contact name in my phone stored the thing is I do 100 of them and like 30 of my contacts or even more they use viber ...

I don't have this problem with whats app contacts everything in whats app works fine.

Please help me get buck my contact list .
    04-28-15 03:28 PM
    Contact Viber notifying then if the issue, hopefully an update restores your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:18 PM
    Contact Viber notifying then if the issue, hopefully an update restores your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    how should i contact viber through my phone ?
    or email them? The thing is do they really care ?
    04-29-15 02:47 AM
    I had the same problem but after I updated to 10.3.1.2576 I got my 135 contacts back. I did work with Viber by e-mail [email protected] The person at Viber got back to me quickly assigned me a case number, gave me suggestions and sent follow up e-mails. They were very good & professional at assisting to fix the issue. I have not had more contacts add to Viber but it is working fine. Good Luck.. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 STL100-2 & 64GB Playbook.
    Last edited by Jrox74; 04-29-15 at 03:08 AM.
    04-29-15 02:55 AM
    how should i contact viber through my phone ?
    or email them? The thing is do they really care ?
    As a general note for the future, app developers can usually be contacted through BlackBerry World by clicking on the options button when viewing the app.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:57 AM
    I had the same problem but after I updated to 10.3.1.2576 I got my 135 contacts back.
    I have 10.3.1.2576 , release 10.3.1.1779 . and reinstalled viber i mean i deleted it and again installed it because i 've lost contacts in the OS update ..
    04-29-15 11:28 AM
    I am new to blackberry, and i dont know maybe i just can see the contacts from the sim card , in blackberry , but in my phone contacts everything is appearing normally
    04-29-15 11:39 AM
    Some phones including mine Z30 had still have big problems with viber after the 10.3.1 update. The app in the BlackBerry App World is an old android version that was tweaked by BlackBerry and is not designed by viber to specifically work on BlackBerry. There is a YouTube clip about installing viber on BlackBerry with two stages install and links to ask files. You an stall Ian old version and then a slightly new one. This is the only way that worked for me to make and receive calls. However syncing contacts remained a problem and I had to do it manually one by one adding them from phone contracts. Even with this it has kind of reached a maximum capacity and then stopped adding more contacts even though they are in the BlackBerry contacts. I have tried to contact viber, they simply said that the app is not made for BlackBerry and they have no advise to offer.
    I am trying to get my friends and family to use WhatsApp which has been really good. However, those friends who uses it on iPhone, it doesn't seem to have voice calls. BBM is another great app and if anything superior to everything I used. The only thing I'd not everyone I know is keen on installing it or know how to use it.
    Good luck.

Z30 / STA100-2 / OS 10.3.1.2582
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    05-03-15 03:32 AM
    HERE are the replies from Viber support :
    1st : Contact list sync issues can be solved a number of ways, depending on the type of issue you are experiencing. Please make sure that your Viber contacts are saved in your device’s contact list in the international format: (+)(Country code)(Area code, without leading 0’s)(Phone number)
    For more possible solutions, please read this article:
    If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please let me know.

2nd:Thank you for getting back to us!
    The issue you are experiencing may be related to your internet connection.
    If possible, please let me know – Can you send and receive message properly? Can you make Viber calls?
    Please let me know and I might be able to better understand the issue. Thank you for your help!

3rd:Thank you for getting back to us.
    The App version available for download from the BlackBerry world is the version we suggest using.
    However, please note that Viber requires a strong internet connection – In some cases, stronger than the connection other apps require.
    Please let me know – Do you have an option to use another internet connection? A very strong Wi-Fi connection?
    If you can test it, it would be great – That way we will be able to determine whether the issue is a technical Viber issue or an issue with your connection.
    Thank you for your cooperation. Awaiting your reply

4th: First of all, thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues with Viber on your device.
    Please let me know – Has something changed after testing Viber on a few different internet connections?
    I will make sure your feedback regarding the BB version will be forwarded. As for now, please note that Viber was tested on devices running BB 10.2.1 and it was found compatible.
    Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will gladly assist. Thank you.

5th : Thank you for getting back to us. I can understand your frustration and I wish there were additional solutions I could provide you with.
    If you have tried all solutions I suggested earlier, it seems that currently there are no additional workarounds we can try.
    Since Viber syncs contacts that were added after you updated your OS, it seems that you might need to re-add the contacts manually – Updating your OS caused an issue with the contact sync process.
    If Viber was not recognizing contacts at all, I might be able to further investigate. However, if it does sync contacts that were added after updating your OS, there is nothing we can do – The issue is caused by the OS update.
    Please note that I will forward your feedback regarding the issues you are experiencing when running Viber on OS 10.3.1.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

NO solution of my and other viber blackberry users topic ,

Viber you could do an update for viber thats it it is so f*** simple !!!
    As you can see they don't wanna help the BB users with an update !~
    05-21-15 01:29 PM
    Well to me the obvious thing to do first is move your contacts from the SIM card and put them on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 01:50 PM
    they are moved all in the phone, it does not make any difference. Viber is not working as it supposed to ...
    06-19-15 02:41 AM
    Oh! I had the same problem but I delete viber app and restart my phone. I got my contact. Then I install viber app. You can try this!
    Good luck!
    06-19-15 03:02 AM
    Oh! I had the same problem but I delete viber app and restart my phone. I got my contact. Then I install viber app. You can try this!
    Good luck!
    so is your viber works fine now? do you have viber contacts?
    06-19-15 03:07 AM
    Just recently Blackberry World has added or amended that Viber 10 will only work with OS 10.2.xxx. I lost all my contact when I upgraded to 10.3.2.xxxx. Viber says they are not at the present planning to modify the coding to work on OS 10.3.2.xxxx. In effect, they admit there is a problem. I can write a contact using Viber, but cannot read the contact I wrote. However, if I go to contacts, I can read the contact I added. I would think it would be a simple fix but they said they didn't have the resources to work on it. I was wondering if anyone tried the Android version?
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    06-25-15 09:57 PM
    developers are not interested in BlackBerry's ecosystem thats what you get from a ported android app, no developer support. If you use it frequently I would recommend you to switch to another platform, iOS or android.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 06:15 AM
    Just recently Blackberry World has added or amended that Viber 10 will only work with OS 10.2.xxx. I lost all my contact when I upgraded to 10.3.2.xxxx. Viber says they are not at the present planning to modify the coding to work on OS 10.3.2.xxxx. In effect, they admit there is a problem. I can write a contact using Viber, but cannot read the contact I wrote. However, if I go to contacts, I can read the contact I added. I would think it would be a simple fix but they said they didn't have the resources to work on it. I was wondering if anyone tried the Android version?
    This has been a major issue of Viber (Android) in BB10. A user will lost some of his contacts after he upgrade his OS either via OTA or Sachesi (non-destructive). But sometimes it don't happen if you're lucky.

Actually, it doesn't really deletes the contacts instead it has some issue reading or syncing them. If you open the Contact app, you should still see all of your contacts in complete.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Viber won't fix this issue. Even clearing data and caches under Android settings won't do nothing. So, how do I get it fix without wiping or reloading my OS? Delete and re-add your email account associated with your contacts.

I only use one email as main directory for my contacts so if you have more than that, you have to deal with the others. That's it. Your Viber should sync all your contacts again.

developers are not interested in BlackBerry's ecosystem thats what you get from a ported android app, no developer support. If you use it frequently I would recommend you to switch to another platform, iOS or android.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Sad but true.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-26-15 06:35 AM
    the android version works sometimes.....
    works on Classic the newers with the 10.3.2 update .
    with my Z10 I was using a viber found on BB world !!! after 2 years I downloaded 1mobile market for adroid apps and I got an update several days ago sO I Conclude that the viber on BB world is a viber android up on BB world intact without any diferences ...

However looking for viber on Classic in BB world I cannot find viber !
    Last edited by Paraliotis3; 10-19-15 at 01:15 AM.
    10-18-15 05:43 PM
    It happened to me few times and one thing always resolves the issue.

Go to the Contacts app, swipe from above and go to Settings, and then toggle the "Automatically merge contacts" OFF. Also set the option "unmerge existing contacts" ON.

After the process is done, you should have all the contacts in your Viber app back.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 12:33 AM
    It happened to me few times and one thing always resolves the issue.

Go to the Contacts app, swipe from above and go to Settings, and then toggle the "Automatically merge contacts" OFF. Also set the option "unmerge existing contacts" ON.

After the process is done, you should have all the contacts in your Viber app back.

Posted via CB10
    I had 7 contacts before knowing that on viber much more of my friends are there I see nuber but not the name and i do not know who is texting anyways I tryied the think you mention and No result !!! 7 contacts after "unmerging" and "auto OFF"

We should be more loud and send emails to those idiots who should do a viber blackberry version ASAP
    10-19-15 01:22 AM