To cut a long story short: My data speeds on O2 UK are nothing short of a joke. I used to be on Three up until 2 weeks ago, and made the move because of patchy coverage.

But after putting up with near consistent performance for 2 weeks, and numerous tweets to O2, this is the end result:

Very slow data - Z10 or O2 UK issue?-img_20140223_232950.png

Yes, that's not an edit. Make no mistake, it really is that slow all the time. I've contacted O2 about this, as my brother lives in the same house and also uses O2 - he doesn't have this problem. The guys at O2 seem to agree, and say my BlackBerry is "not working correctly with the network".

Attachment 250422

Dubious. I took that screen shot, as well as this network connectivity screen above, at home 2 moments ago. My BlackBerry is connected to 3G with the H+ symbol and a full signal. Its slow. My brothers iPhone however just scored 6.89MB down, 1.77MB up.

I don't know what to make of this, unless O2 are somehow prioritising certain customers and phones over others. I only say this as when we've checked each others APN settings (both contract customers) - they are different. He connects to idata.o2.co.uk and I go to postpay.o2.co.uk. Should I be suspicious about this perhaps, and what do I do about my god awful speed?

Awesome BB Z10. Be Social: 2B80D5C2
    02-23-14 06:02 PM
    Call your carrier...
    To cut a long story short: My data speeds on O2 UK are nothing short of a joke. I used to be on Three up until 2 weeks ago, and made the move because of patchy coverage.

But after putting up with near consistent performance for 2 weeks, and numerous tweets to O2, this is the end result:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140223_232950.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	250413

Yes, that's not an edit. Make no mistake, it really is that slow all the time. I've contacted O2 about this, as my brother lives in the same house and also uses O2 - he doesn't have this problem. The guys at O2 seem to agree, and say my BlackBerry is "not working correctly with the network".

Attachment 250422

Dubious. I took that screen shot, as well as this network connectivity screen above, at home 2 moments ago. My BlackBerry is connected to 3G with the H+ symbol and a full signal. Its slow. My brothers iPhone however just scored 6.89MB down, 1.77MB up.

I don't know what to make of this, unless O2 are somehow prioritising certain customers and phones over others. I only say this as when we've checked each others APN settings (both contract customers) - they are different. He connects to idata.o2.co.uk and I go to postpay.o2.co.uk. Should I be suspicious about this perhaps, and what do I do about my god awful speed?

02-24-14 12:03 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140223_232950.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	250413

Attachment 250422

I would blame O2.
    Before I left them (they are overpriced compared to T-Mobile) I found that if you had a connection the speed was quite good.
    3Bit/s bit being unusual - though travelling made any estimates worse.
    Having said that, T-Mobile gets the same speeds and 3G or rather HSDPA+ supports up to 50Mbit/s in theory - and i think the Z10 supports up to 7.2Mbits/s on 3G/HSDPA.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 12:32 AM
    Thanks both. I've called the carrier and they have given me the run around. I was advised to remove apps, music and photos to free up memory. We all know that will work *facepalm*

Scripted call centre staff are one thing, so I was escalated to someone more senior. He took no time at all saying it was a fault of the BlackBerry software - I could be transfered to sales to have a phone added to my plan that's compatible.

What the actual ****? Meh, might give EE or Vodafone a shot. :-@

02-24-14 05:41 AM