Can't you use the calendar to set more beeps whenever you want?

Alarm clock is supposed to wake you up.. not to alert you to take your pills every 3 hours... there are apps for that..
    the calendar only allows for appointments, not alarms. You can set an appointment for a certain time to act as an alarm, but it only beeps like 2 seconds, unlike an alarm where you just can't miss it when it goes off. Especially if you're away from the phone.

This being said, this functionality on legacy BlackBerry was available before any other platform and from my experience is superior.. as these types of things always were on the old bbs. They haven had a chance to include everything in the initial release of bb10 but I have no doubt this feature is coming, and will continue to be superior experience when it does arrive.

Posted via CB10
    pjstock42 and CDM76 like this.
    03-27-13 04:31 PM
    A multiple alarm would be great for reminder to take my medications.

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-27-13 08:00 PM
    Classic case of "Since Blackberry doesn't have it, no one else should want it."

No Netflix. "Well, who uses Netflix on their phone?"
    No Skype. "Why can't you just call them?"
    Classic case of misinterpreting my statement. Also your examples show your lack of intelligence as Netflix works side loaded and Skype is confirmed to be coming. I didn't realize people would be so **** hurt by me asking why you would want multiple alarms when you have the calendar (which numerous people have pointed out)

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    03-27-13 08:15 PM
    My lack of intelligence? You're the one who couldn't comprehend that people get up at different times depending on the day. And those quotes are shortened from things some Z10 fans on this board have said. See the Skype thread.
    litig8or98 likes this.
    03-27-13 08:31 PM
    I work different hours everyday and sometimes have to get up at stupidly early hours. For me it is disappointing the stock clock app does not allow multiple alarms as it is something I would use regularly. Setting appointments is an option but not as quick and easy as just setting multiple alarm times. I will buy an app to enable me to set more alarms unless BlackBerry release this feature. I really like their stock alarm app and bedside mode so hopefully it will get updated.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:32 PM
    I believe the dissatisfaction about of having only one alarm set up is valid...

There is no need to defend on it... in fact, if BlackBerry will fix it on the next OS update, we will all benefited... regardless we will use it or not...

Posted via Z10
    litig8or98 likes this.
    03-27-13 09:19 PM
    I agree with having multiple alarms as... alarms. I do have some OCD as to how I organise my Calander and i don't want unnecessary events in it just for wake up calls. I need differently timed alarms to wake me up sometimes. Weird habit but... egg. one at 7 one at 8 with shorter snooze in between so it will be good to have multiple alarms. Not to mention nap alarms for weekends

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:29 PM
    Personally, having multiple alarms or lack thereof didn't affect me with the old BlackBerry OS and doesn't with BlackBerry 10 as well.

However, if it isn't broken, don't fix it! The look of the old OS stock alarm flip clock is much better then BB10 and I could set my 9800 to bedside mode once I plugged it into the changer. Now I have to set bedside mode manually and I personally can't stand the clock changing to red, looks ugly.

A director of mine many years ago always told me this when writing communications. "Only use red lettering or numbers if the situation is critical and requires attention. Otherwise, there is other colors to be used!"

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    03-27-13 10:06 PM
    Classic case of misinterpreting my statement. Also your examples show your lack of intelligence as Netflix works side loaded and Skype is confirmed to be coming. I didn't realize people would be so **** hurt by me asking why you would want multiple alarms when you have the calendar (which numerous people have pointed out)

Posted via CB10

haha seriously, people act like they caught you watching them sleep or something.

I don't get the multiple alarm thing either, I set one the night before I have to wake up, but maybe we're the weird ones???

It would probably be very easy for BlackBerry to add multiple alarms though...and if it keep people from crying, and stops the "BUT ANDROID AND APPLE..." comments, then I say they should add that sh1t in the next software update.
    03-27-13 10:18 PM
    A multiple alarm would be great for reminder to take my medications.

Posted via CB10

Very impressed by the alarm clock in bedside mode-img_00000317.png

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 10:22 PM
    Personally, having multiple alarms or lack thereof didn't affect me with the old BlackBerry OS and doesn't with BlackBerry 10 as well.

However, if it isn't broken, don't fix it! The look of the old OS stock alarm flip clock is much better then BB10 and I could set my 9800 to bedside mode once I plugged it into the changer. Now I have to set bedside mode manually and I personally can't stand the clock changing to red, looks ugly.

A director of mine many years ago always told me this when writing communications. "Only use red lettering or numbers if the situation is critical and requires attention. Otherwise, there is other colors to be used!"

It's a well known fact that red light does not destroy your night vision, hence the red 'bedside' setting on the Z10. Sheesh...
    03-28-13 03:47 AM
    I don't get what's the whole hoopla over different alarm times. I mean are you that f@cking lazy that before going to bed you don't set your arm to whatever time you are gonna wake up the next day? I mean it literally takes less than 10 seconds to move the bedside mode alarm dial.

Posted via ZED10.
    Christo Mitov likes this.
    03-28-13 03:57 AM
    I like the ease of setting the alarm.

I do need more than one alarm clock too. I like that I was able to create ad hoc alerts in Calendar on my Bold 9900 that acted as my alarms, without having to change my actual alarm setting.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:04 AM

Your director was talking about writing not the hands and numbers on a digital clock.

Everything you said is your opinion and in my opinion.. this clock is better in functionality and look. I think the older one was not ugly but looked worse.The old one did not have World time but this one does. If it was the other way round i don't even want to imagine what you guys would be moaning about in regards to that.

Auto bedside mode is all i require from it. I already have a Multi Alarm app that's free.
    03-28-13 04:20 AM
    Alarm clock is nice but it would be awesome if the radios shut off completely when no notification is chosen.

Same way as BB9900 works.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 05:03 AM
    Alarm clock is nice but it would be awesome if the radios shut off completely when no notification is chosen.

Same way as BB9900 works.

Posted via CB10
    I liked having this option under bedside mode on my 9700/9860.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 05:55 AM
    There are multiple FREE multi-alarm apps in BlackBerry World. Yeah its not quite the same as the built in alarm, but it works.

Stop looking for problems and start looking for solutions.
    Christo Mitov likes this.
    03-28-13 06:14 AM
    I wish we could set multiple alarms. I would like to wake up a little later on Saturday

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:21 AM
    I've seen this complaint before, do people wake up at different times depending on what day of the week it is? I just have it on weekday mode only (so no alarm on weekends) and for anything else I set reminders with recurrences.
    Also I have discovered that you can change the alarm too so it isn't set to one time permanently!

Op I love the way the alarm goes off while in bed side mode. Have a look. The screen transitions from black to white, I thought it was a nice touch

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:28 AM
    It's alright but that fact that you can't set more than ONE alarm is kind of a joke...
    This needs to be addressed I agree!
    03-28-13 06:35 AM
    Does bedside mode drain battery? Can anyone please confirm me this? Every time I put on bed suddenly mode I see the battery draining a lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:47 AM
    Does bedside mode drain battery? Can anyone please confirm me this? Every time I put on bed suddenly mode I see the battery draining a lot.

Posted via CB10
    No more than usual

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:01 PM
    I also really enjoy the alarm in bedside mode! I really like the way the screen lights up white as the alarm starts going off and that you can touch anywhere on the screen to snooze! I also really like the gradual alarm sound options, I use sunrise.

Only problem I found was that my cat can change my alarm by walking across my phone in the right spot or snooze it before I can hear it going off......I have hairless Sphynxs with hot little naked paws
    03-28-13 03:40 PM
    The bedside mode will keep the display on, only if you have your device plugged.

If your device is not charging then the screen automatically shuts off even in bedside mode to preserve battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:01 PM
    I quite like the alarm clock as well, its easy enough to set that I dont mind only having 1. It is a beautiful example of what TAT can do and I hope to see more along its lines.
    03-28-13 04:14 PM
57 123