I just discovered that setting an alarm clock is SUCH A BREEZE on the Blackberry 10

1) Swipe your phone into bedside mode downwards. You see the clock in red.

2) There is a little red dot on the face of the clock. Move (rotate) the red dot along the face of the clock to the desired time for the alarm. Almost like moving the dial on the old iPods.
    (*Don't touch the alarm time on the bottom left to go into the menu and set the alarm clock. I used to do this and it is not necessary)

3) Touch the "on" button and you're set. You dont even need to leave the app per say.

Such a breeze. So smooth. Like peanut butter.
    03-27-13 01:27 PM
    It's alright but that fact that you can't set more than ONE alarm is kind of a joke...
    dannejanne and litig8or98 like this.
    03-27-13 01:29 PM
    It's alright but that fact that you can't set more than ONE alarm is kind of a joke...
    I've seen this complaint before, do people wake up at different times depending on what day of the week it is? I just have it on weekday mode only (so no alarm on weekends) and for anything else I set reminders with recurrences.
    dracolnyte likes this.
    03-27-13 01:33 PM
    Why are other peoples' sleeping patterns any of your business?

Fact is that both iOS and Android allow you to set a bunch of alarms and many people (such as myself) have gotten used to this functionality. How difficult would it have been for BB to include this from the get-go? It just doesn't make sense.
    03-27-13 01:35 PM
    The snooze feature was very confusing the first time I used it this morning. And the icon is way too small, also miss my flip clock.

I wake up at different times depending on the day.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:25 PM
    I use my calendar function instead of the alarm. It allows you to set an alarm for every minute of the day if you want, with notes as to what the reminder is for.
    Nurees and PCClone like this.
    03-27-13 02:38 PM
    Definitely need a way to set multiple alarms and one time alarms in a future update, but I'm sure they're working on it. This feature was best implemented in bbos in comparison to other platforms. It will eventually find its way.
    johnprague and CDM76 like this.
    03-27-13 02:39 PM

Fact is that both iOS and Android allow you to set a bunch of alarms and many people (such as myself) have gotten used to this functionality. How difficult would it have been for BB to include this from the get-go? It just doesn't make sense.
    Do the calendars on iOS and android suck or something?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:42 PM

Why are you not banned from this forum yet? Cause you should.
    03-27-13 02:45 PM
    Can't you use the calendar to set more beeps whenever you want?

Alarm clock is supposed to wake you up.. not to alert you to take your pills every 3 hours... there are apps for that..
    SK122387 and k8bushlover like this.
    03-27-13 02:50 PM
    Why are you not banned from this forum yet? Cause you should.
    Why people arent banned is none of your buisiness. lol
    03-27-13 02:53 PM
    God the BURN!!! 3/10 for including a "lol".
    03-27-13 02:55 PM

You made it the internets business when you cried about the topic on a public forum. In a forum, topics get debated. You attached a new topic of discussion to this one, and so it will be debated.

Fairly simple.

Who are you to question what is and isn't somebody's business?

-Chris-
    K00na, bombsquad_manny and drum like this.
    03-27-13 02:55 PM
    Can't you use the calendar to set more beeps whenever you want?

Alarm clock is supposed to wake you up.. not to alert you to take your pills every 3 hours... there are apps for that..
    I wake up at different times during the week as well. Heck, even my wp7 can do this. I find it hilarious that everyone on these boards considers everything but BB10 antiquated but then rips people for bringing up missing features. Ridiculous. Hey everybody, nobody uses alarm clocks to wake up anymore. It's all about the calendar I guess.
    jaymars likes this.
    03-27-13 02:58 PM
    You made it the internets business when you cried about the topic on a public forum. In a forum, topics get debated. You attached a new topic of discussion to this one, and so it will be debated.

Fairly simple.

Who are you to question what is and isn't somebody's business?

-Chris-
    A smartphone coming out in 2013 with a stock clock app that only allows one alarm should be "cried about" IMO.

The funniest thing is that you can have multiple alarms...if you buy an app in BB World that allows you to.
    litig8or98 likes this.
    03-27-13 02:58 PM
    Lmao this was too funny

I know sometimes I wake up at different times because my class schedule is different depending on the day of the week. If they add multiple alarms, super. If not, it's not really a big deal to me. But the bedside mode DOES look pretty cool.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-27-13 03:00 PM
    God the BURN!!! 3/10 for including a "lol".
    And an extra 6 points for you responding. Chill
    03-27-13 03:03 PM
    And an extra 6 points for you responding. Chill
    It's the Internet. People not responding ruins the idea you know. Chill with me.
    03-27-13 03:05 PM
    Lmao this was too funny

I know sometimes I wake up at different times because my class schedule is different depending on the day of the week. If they add multiple alarms, super. If not, it's not really a big deal to me. But the bedside mode DOES look pretty cool.
    Yeah. I think they made it simple on purpose. It takes 5 seconds to change the time. Not a big deal.
    lurk_n_post_2000 likes this.
    03-27-13 03:05 PM
    I was hoping once you took your z10 back your whining would stop. But I guess you're a troll for life
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-27-13 03:25 PM
    Have kids. No need for an alarm.

Posted via CB10
    shiakap, 2cats1dog and CDM76 like this.
    03-27-13 03:29 PM
    Geez will you children just shut up already?
    Just seems like lately every thread turns into a pi$$ing match within three posts.
    Maybe y'all need to take a nap and forget setting the alarm
    Pandastrong and CDM76 like this.
    03-27-13 03:33 PM
    I've seen this complaint before, do people wake up at different times depending on what day of the week it is? I just have it on weekday mode only (so no alarm on weekends) and for anything else I set reminders with recurrences.
    Classic case of "Since Blackberry doesn't have it, no one else should want it."

No Netflix. "Well, who uses Netflix on their phone?"
    No Skype. "Why can't you just call them?"
    litig8or98 and pjstock42 like this.
    03-27-13 03:44 PM
    About the alarm. It doesn't seem to work when the phone is off! Or am I doing something wrong? My old Torch went off even when it was turned off. My Z10 has the alarm set but doesn't go off until I turn on the phone. So if I set the alarm for say 7am but I don't turn on the phone until 9am THAT'S when the alarm goes off. Strange but true.
    2cats1dog likes this.
    03-27-13 03:52 PM
    No need to be anal about it. First you moaned for kingdom come about the battery now you cry again about the alarm. If you dislike the phone so much why not just get something else instead of hanging around just to knock down anything someone likes about the z10. It really does not speak well for your persona.

Anyhow... if you do so badly need a multi alarm just hit up goodereader.com and download Alarm Clock+. Ok.. now i guess you're gonna moan that its an android port and you hate them and why should you do this and why didn't blackberry do that blah blah blah.. if you cant side load it and be satisfied i'd suggest you get an iphone or android then you'd be a much happier person cos to be fair.. nobody really cares about your little niggles as long as it works for them.

Screenprint of it on my z10 and it does not need to be open or running to work.

Very impressed by the alarm clock in bedside mode-img_00000033.jpg
    03-27-13 04:18 PM
57 123