My T-Mobile Z10 hooked up to BlackBerry Link via wifi no problem. Why won't my Verizon Z10?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:02 PM
    So let me get this right. I waited after AT&T, T-Mobile, and then Verizon releases the phone last. Then they release an old operating system (cant download some new apps including whatsapp), reports that sideloaded apps do not work off Wifi, and now the BB Link isnt working with its full capacity!?

Anyone with info please share, it's starting to be too much for me to stick with Verizon. They shipped my Z10 late and I won't have it until tomorrow.
    03-28-13 08:08 PM
    Yeah i think we got the long shaft here lol. Well i would like to see if we could at least upgrade it ourselves to the newer OS's out there.
    03-28-13 08:18 PM
    Yea I think I am getting less and less upset that I was too busy to snag one on VZW launch day while my crusty old 9650 is working admirably (albeit, slowly). I didn't pre-order. Also I am still trying to find out if LTE can be shut off. It won't be a deal breaker, but it would be a sort of a **** move.
    03-28-13 08:32 PM
    I think that we may only be able to sync via WIFI when the Z10 is hooked up to a power source..... I am testing this right now.

And i see the Z10 on my network. Just waiting for my file transfer to complete before i unplug it from my computer and plug it into the wall.
    03-28-13 08:36 PM
    Can anyone verify the OS on VZW? My phone is set for delivery tomorrow, if VZW has pulled another one of their moves, I will refuse delivery!
    03-28-13 08:37 PM
    Can anyone verify the OS on VZW? My phone is set for delivery tomorrow, if VZW has pulled another one of their moves, I will refuse delivery!
    In the Verizon unboxing, this guy stated:

Comment:
    TX Jedi 2 hours ago
    outdated OS!! It's stuck on Software Release 10.0.9.422 and OS Version 10.0.9.2743.
    03-28-13 08:39 PM
    Yeah thats the OS we have. It runs great, could be because of the LTE/CDMA radios. And it is confirmed that there is NO BB LINK WIFI INTEGRATION on the Verizon Z10!!! THANKS BIG RED!!!
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-28-13 08:45 PM
    Yeah thats the OS we have. It runs great, could be because of the LTE/CDMA radios. And it is confirmed that there is NO BB LINK WIFI INTEGRATION on the Verizon Z10!!! THANKS BIG RED!!!
    Spydaz, have you loaded any android apps that need can use cell data? I see reports the Verizon has blocked this too, they are making you use WIFI. WTF?? If this is the case, I will return mine and switch carriers, I don't want to waste money here.
    03-28-13 08:47 PM
    Well im not into using sideloads as i did that with the TMO Z10 and i had random reboots.

So, i am using two android ported apps eBay and Package tracker via BB World and they DO NOT WORK ON CELL DATA!!!! WTF! This is going back TOMORROW!

I TRULY CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
    03-28-13 08:52 PM
    Spydaz, have you loaded any android apps that need can use cell data? I see reports the Verizon has blocked this too, they are making you use WIFI. WTF?? If this is the case, I will return mine and switch carriers, I don't want to waste money here.
    Unbelievable!!
    Link over wifi worked perfectly for me
    And your using a VERIZON Z10? Please explain how you hooked up via WIFI?
    03-28-13 08:55 PM
    Well im not into using sideloads as i did that with the TMO Z10 and i had random reboots.

So, i am using two android ported apps eBay and Package tracker via BB World and they DO NOT WORK ON CELL DATA!!!! WTF! This is going back TOMORROW!

I TRULY CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
    After they screwed my preorder and got smart with me I threatened myself I was leaving, I calmed down... not I really think I am going to AT&T... (loosing my unlimited, but I barely use over 2 GBs a month and AT&T gives you 3GBs for the same price... I just don't know about their service towers.
    03-28-13 08:55 PM
    Well i just calmed down after that little issue, but the whole thing here is that verizon is the the main event, and they had to stick there hands into the guts of this thing and rip out all the good stuff.. VZW is the best when it come to service, i give them that and customer service as well with me, (I break ballz big time), they give me what i want all the time.

I mean VZW may possibly be looking out for us in terms of the Apps that this thing is able to run. numerous people are having MAJOR issues with side loads (myself when on the TMO Z10) and android ports via BB World.
    03-28-13 09:02 PM
    Well if they would at least give us the latest update on the launch day... and I can't figure out what's going on with cell data usage on apps. I read a post here on CB that said Verizon claimed it wasn't intentional. So if approved apps aren't working with cell data, it must be their network and side loaded apps should work as well once they fix it. They wouldn't block eBay would they!? After all this time, they shouldn't have to fix anything.

I'm a little p1ssed because I have friends that I will need to use Whatsapp for and with out a OS update I can't!
    03-28-13 09:09 PM
    Yeah all in all its BULLSH&T. Question for those out there that has the answer:

Can we update our OS's with other carrier OS's?
    03-28-13 09:13 PM
    This is indeed bad news if true. In the past I'd often stick with the official Verizon BB release even if it was outdated... but then it was just an annoyance. This is a deal-breaker because the OS is so new and some major apps like Whatsapp can't be loaded. We need to complain to Verizon like crazy to push out new releases FAST. I'm set to pick up my Z10 next Thursday (earliest renewal) ... but I need some of those later capabilities!
    03-28-13 09:19 PM
    i just downloaded blackberry link and installed it. once i signed in with my berry username and password it automatically found my z10 that was connected to the network. All my files were visible
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-28-13 09:21 PM
    I may return for a Droid DNA. Same price better specs and APPS!!!!! I really thought BB nailed it here but unfortunately Verizon just castrated the stray cat......
    03-28-13 09:21 PM
    This is indeed bad news if true. In the past I'd often stick with the official Verizon BB release even if it was outdated... but then it was just an annoyance. This is a deal-breaker because the OS is so new and some major apps like Whatsapp can't be loaded. We need to complain to Verizon like crazy to push out new releases FAST. I'm set to pick up my Z10 next Thursday (earliest renewal) ... but I need some of those later capabilities!
    Do you know of a way to get an OS release that isn't offered by VzW? I know I used to have to locate them with my Storm online because VzW only gave me one that I recall in the 2+ years I used it.
    03-28-13 09:25 PM
    Thanks for help Petris!
    03-28-13 09:28 PM
    Whats the newest OS release?? Puzzled!!
    03-28-13 11:18 PM
    Wifi is working with Link on my VZW Z10, on the same software. However, it's intermittent. Sometimes I need to reboot for Link to see it.
    04-03-13 09:38 AM