Chase mobile
    Flixster
    HDFC bank
    Amazon mobile
    LinkedIn
    Fancy
    Kik messenger
    Viper
    Possibly instagram (based on latest rumours for going to wp)
    Etc.

There are tones missing from BB world that Wp, iOS and android have

Sent using my Z10
    Okay fair enough. The issue here is the fact that those platforms have had the time to develop unlike BB10. It's a chicken and egg scenario. Developers want to wait for volume to do the work and consumers want the apps before purchasing the phone. People have 2 options, be patient or get the phone that currently meets their needs. If too many are impatient then it will be difficult to get the numbers up to make it worth while for developers. In my opinion the z10 and BB10 is a top notch product and the best I've had so I am willing to wait. I just hope others feel the same way. In the mean time, I will use my browser for things such as YouTube or banking.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:40 PM
    Jeez that essay by Supa Fly is really misguided (no offense). I'm not going to respond in detail because I don't have time for that, but the reason mobile apps are so popular is because they're much smoother and have better built user interfaces than nearly every mobile website/app (especially a few years back when mobile websites were horrendous). While I'm at it I'll mention that while the HTML5 results on the BB10 browser are good, actual performance suffers due to poor java script results.

Written on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    And I would like to jump in and say that this is the exact reason I still want a Drama Fever app for BB10. Sure we have flash in our browser, but I can't watch my dramas using the browser; the screen is awkward and it doesn't play. Having an advanced browser IS nice, but it's not the answer to everything unfortunately :/
    05-11-13 07:56 PM
    So? That has no bearing on you performing an unauthorized sideload to a platform not yet supported. Whether you pay or not isn't the principal. The problem lies where you are performing a sideload that the developr has not authorized of an application written for another platform. I'm sure this is not the case for Netflix but, its likely some developers do not appreciate unauthorized use of their applications. It isn't warranted even if the reason behind that is simply because they don't like the bb10 platform.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    So? I have little doubt that Netflix can monitor which devices I use to log onto their site - I know that Amazon (Kindle) does this and assume that Netflix can also do this.

At no time has Amazon or Netflix contacted me and asked me to stop using the unofficial side loaded app. Should they do so I would comply, but I would also close my account.

I suspect they know that and choose to keep me as a customer. Consider it a win - win.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:21 PM
    Skype is coming soon. Don't know what Pandora is and don't use instagram but it will likely come as well. People have been spoiled so much that the thought of not having something whether they use it or not is a disaster. Can't imagine what would happen if instagram was down for a few days? Some might jump off a bridge if they can't see people's cat and food pictures.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, it's obvious that these are the people who are a user of appleIphone and androids. In the first not a loyal customers. I love my z10, I know BlackBerry is in the works to perpetuate the OS/system... not worried... I ditch I BlackBerry after 1 year use to android kept it for 6 months upgrade to iphone and wait till I got my z10..
    Never again, will I leave BlackBerry. It's a honest mistake. But BlackBerry is progressing huge. I can't wait for the official updates and fixed apps. Thanks
    ray689 likes this.
    05-12-13 12:28 AM
    I agree, it's obvious that these are the people who are a user of appleIphone and androids. In the first not a loyal customers. I love my z10, I know BlackBerry is in the works to perpetuate the OS/system... not worried... I ditch I BlackBerry after 1 year use to android kept it for 6 months upgrade to iphone and wait till I got my z10..
    Never again, will I leave BlackBerry. It's a honest mistake. But BlackBerry is progressing huge. I can't wait for the official updates and fixed apps. Thanks
    So you left BlackBerry to go to other platforms for apps?
    Now you're back, and say that people who want apps must be secretly using other platforms only? And they're not loyal?
    Ok then.
    05-12-13 02:24 AM
    BlackBerry should of paid to have some of the more popular apps built for native bb10 and not some android port.

Since the release of bb10 I have not seen ANY increase of quality apps. Maybe Marty Malik and Alex Saunders should be going to the development shops and offer them some money for the popular apps

J

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:09 AM
    To me it's funny, when I heard developers are not interested in platform that do not have enough subscription.

If there is not enough important apps, especially communication and social ones. There won't be enough subscription.

BlackBerry come on. Spend more resources getting this done ASAP. I'm getting a little restless with the inconvenience of not having a few important social software that's working.

Google and Microsoft spent a lot of money to get it done. Microsoft even have programs like qvod. In wp8. Which is pretty surprising to me.

Thank you and Welcome
    05-12-13 10:37 AM
    Flixster and linked in are out....

Posted via CB10
    Does Flixter have a BB10 App that supports U.V. in the Blackberry world.....
    ...Or are you just saying that there is a Flixter App that allows you to see movie times and trailers?

I know the Playbook "struck out" on that one....
    ...And it doesn't work well at all going through the browser.
    05-12-13 09:08 PM
    Does Flixter have a BB10 App that supports U.V. in the Blackberry world.....
    ...Or are you just saying that there is a Flixter App that allows you to see movie times and trailers?

I know the Playbook "struck out" on that one....
    ...And it doesn't work well at all going through the browser.
    Its really difficult to research isn't it?? With the Internet and all.
    Verizon: Z10 lack of Instagram, Skype, Pandora - "it's a shame"-img_00000369.png

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:06 PM
    The most important thing IMO is that BBRY made the right steps. They built a very good basement on which good apps can actually thrive. In particular:

- they have a good SDK with good tools and a native, easy-to-implement UI framework
    - they have great and powerful frameworks and APIs, like the invocation framework, some of which will just start to be available shortly with OS 10.1
    - they support a multitude of programming languages
    - they have a powerful platform with powerful hardware
    - there is literally no fragmentation devs have to care about
    - they offer great support
    - BlackBerry users have a high buying power
    - distribution and payment options via BBW are top notch

Honestly guys. I have actually seen really good native German apps I'd never expected to see in BBW any time, as BBRY was never big in Germany and has a current market share somewhere under 1%. So why do little service providers and publications and businesses offer native BB10 apps anyway? Because it's so easy to build a native and good looking app in BB10. That's important.

You can't launch a new platform with loads of well known and big high quality apps. Time will come, just relax.

Posted via CB10 @ Z10
    05-13-13 11:39 PM
    Honestly guys. I have actually seen really good native German apps I'd never expected to see in BBW any time, as BBRY was never big in Germany and has a current market share somewhere under 1%. So why do little service providers and publications and businesses offer native BB10 apps anyway? Because it's so easy to build a native and good looking app in BB10. That's important.

Posted via CB10 @ Z10
    A developer on these forums recently claimed that building Android is much easier than building a native app.

Here it is. Post #8 ( http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-798410/ )

"And just saying it - I'm sorry guys - but it is so much easier building Android than building native. BlackBerry always ensures android apps work the same on every os update and every phone. So you never need to recompile.

In comparison Secure Browser has over 5000 lines of code changed since inception just from os updates and device differences."
    05-14-13 12:50 AM
311 ... 111213