I deleted the Facebook connections first and saw no change in hub behavior. Then I deleted facebook and it looks like my device is working properly once more. So for what's it's worth it might be the Facebook app

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know this - but if you re-install the Facebook app, it automatically configured messages into the Hub. I had to go and kill Facebook messages from displaying, and it seems to work (only been 5 minutes, so I'll report back later tonight).

Also, something else to try - someone else informed me that he has successfully resolved his issues by pulling the battery and Sim card, re-installing just the battery and waiting for the 'Missing Sim' message...then, re-pull battery and re-install the Sim - all seems to be right in the world again, for him.

I'll probably do all that later tonight, regardless of the results of my trouble-shooting, just so I can have the FB messages in my Hub again....
    07-31-13 09:06 PM
    Same as a couple of others I now only get 3-4 hours of battery life. Before the update I could easily go all day and that was with multiple apps running as well as phone calls. Phone gets very hot, as in uncomfortable to hold or put in your pocket. Charged it up at 7 tonight and by 10 it was just about dead. Like getting all the new features and access to apps like Skype, etc., but the battery life is killing me.
    07-31-13 09:29 PM
    HOW ABOUT THIS. My Z10 has been spot on perfect since march 28th. I loaded the Verizon 10.1.0.2034 on my STL100-4. Noticed a warmer battery within 24 hrs and within 48. MY Z10 WAS totally dead. No Reboot. only the flashing LED 1.3.1. Went into the store. Within minutes, no questions asked I was being shipped a new-furbished device. YEAH I am pissed for two reasons. I have to wait 5 days for a replacement. Not brand new like my current Z10. ( I keep um beautiful) I paid full price off contract. And the VERIZON rep shrugged his shoulders when I asked how I was supposed to communicate for 5 days. Jerk. Luckily we are smart. I have my 9850 (which using is rough now ...lol) and of course up and running within hours of leaving Verizon.....

They OWE me a NEW Device. it was 4 months old and in perfect shape. How do the jerks get away with this kind of service. Starbucks gives me a replacement coffee right then and there. lol

So Anyone else have a Dead Z10 due to the update.?
    I too have noticed a couple times my battery getting hot after Verizons update. Never noticed it hot before this and hand it a few months.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 06:09 AM
    I can confirm re-installing the Facebook up, with zero notifications funneling into the Hub worked for several hours last night...as soon as I re-configured the Hub to allow messages/notifications into the Hub, it broke - no longer allowing SMS through, until I restarted the Hub or rebooted the phone.

At that point, I attempted the battery pull...leaving the SIM card in, and same issues with the Hub once everything came back up. Pulling the battery again, along with the SIM card, replacing JUST the battery and letting the phone boot up with 'SIM card missing,' I then pulled the battery once more, re-installed the SIM and the battery. Upon the phone coming back online, everything with the Hub has been working flawlessly once again - including SMS/Facebook messages.

Not exactly sure what the issue is, but it's clearly something to do with the Facebook connection to the Hub...NOT the app, itself.
    08-01-13 03:15 PM
    HOW ABOUT THIS. My Z10 has been spot on perfect since march 28th. I loaded the Verizon 10.1.0.2034 on my STL100-4. Noticed a warmer battery within 24 hrs and within 48. MY Z10 WAS totally dead. No Reboot. only the flashing LED 1.3.1. Went into the store. Within minutes, no questions asked I was being shipped a new-furbished device. YEAH I am pissed for two reasons. I have to wait 5 days for a replacement. Not brand new like my current Z10. ( I keep um beautiful) I paid full price off contract. And the VERIZON rep shrugged his shoulders when I asked how I was supposed to communicate for 5 days. Jerk. Luckily we are smart. I have my 9850 (which using is rough now ...lol) and of course up and running within hours of leaving Verizon.....

They OWE me a NEW Device. it was 4 months old and in perfect shape. How do the jerks get away with this kind of service. Starbucks gives me a replacement coffee right then and there. lol

So Anyone else have a Dead Z10 due to the update.?
    Does your Starbucks coffee last 4 months? Because 4 month old coffee would be pretty gross. I've never been to a Starbucks that would let you trade in a 4 month old latte for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 10:27 PM
    I'll chime in with battery issues too. First two days after update were flawless, now only getting 3-4 hours with all active frames closed and the phone just sitting on my desk. Weak sauce. And considering my 2 year contract will be up in about 20 months I'll be back to WP before Verizon releases another update to fix the issues. I can deal with nit picky issues, I can not be tethered to a charger cord all day.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:15 PM

I think it's a little annoying how it says 'entering mms mode' when I go into my one group chat.

Posted via CB10
    Hub settings---text messages---MMS tab---turn off mode notifications.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-02-13 12:31 AM
    Anyone having trouble with custom contact notifications for BBM/email messages not overriding hub setting? Worked for short bit, but then, quit and can't seem to get it back.
    Last edited by BB10QNX; 08-03-13 at 05:41 AM.
    08-02-13 04:56 PM
    I'm also noticing some lag. My screen turns black for a few seconds whenever I use the "settings" icon. Also, my phone randomly switches between landscape and portrait which is really annoying!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 08:19 PM
    Settings lag and black screen here too.

Also having issues where phones won't connect to 5ghz wifi without a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:31 PM
    Well, I turned off blackberry protect, location, canned the Facebook and ebay apps and now my battery is stellar. I will slowly add these back on to determine the culprit. I have a hunch that it's all location... seriously, the battery hasn't budged in 4 hours of regular use. This morning it was dead after 4 hours with no use.

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    08-02-13 10:40 PM
    Anyone having trouble with custom contact notifications for BBM/email messages not overriding hub setting? Worked for short bit, but then, quit and can't seem to get it back.
    Resolved. After batt pull, restart, batt and sim card pull, restart batt only, shutdown, restart with batt and sim card, found a duplicate contact with old PIN# device that was also a BBM contact. After deleting this old PIN# device contact, keeping the new PIN# device as a contact in contacts, along with deleting this same contact name in BBM, then having the new PIN# device for this contact reinvite my device to BBM, all is fine, custom notifications working
    08-03-13 05:40 AM
    Anyone know how to stop the phone from constantly being warm? Done battery pulls and resets. This update is more of an issue then anything else.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 01:31 PM
    Ebay... I knew it was you all along...

So after a weekend of experimentation and making one change at a time including location on off and slowly adding apps after deleting them I have found the culprit.

Ebay is a battery suck. I thought it might have been Facebook but I was wrong. When I added Facebook I still had a full day of battery with moderate use. I added ebay this morning and after 2 hours of sitting, no use, my battery was half drained. So the ebay app is now gonso and everything is right again. Hope this helps a few of you!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:40 AM
    Lol 10.1

Posted via CB10
    w0lf96 likes this.
    08-05-13 10:42 AM
    Ebay... I knew it was you all along...

Posted via CB10
    I removed Skype and crackle too - battery rocks now.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:15 PM
    Anyone download the Facebook update to see if the hub issues still persist?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:14 AM
    Verizon Z10 10.1.0.2039 have anyone tried to see if tethering works, I would love a reply if you got it to work or did you have to load another escreen bar file
    10-17-13 09:58 AM
93 ... 234