Yesterday was the 4th time I have gotten the voice mail waiting indicator stuck and had to reformat the phone to fix it. I have tried all other ideas and none have worked. I am certain, based on other posts 2 or 3 months before I bought the phone at full price of $200 plus contract from Verizon, that Verizon knew of this existing bug; if I had known about it, I would never have bought Blackberry. The only permanent fix at this time is to not have message waiting indicator on with Verizon.
    I am certain others are experiencing this problem and Verizon support told me yesterday, 7/24/13 that there is no known fix at this time. Folks it is time for a class action lawsuit against Verizon and Blackberry. I am interested in contacting a lawyer who could do this - my email is my name in reverse, that is lastname.firstname at gmail dot com. My name is richard thornton (fristname lastname). This is a serious post, and if you think like me, let me know off this board.
    07-25-13 07:38 AM
    Yesterday was the 4th time I have gotten the voice mail waiting indicator stuck and had to reformat the phone to fix it. I have tried all other ideas and none have worked. I am certain, based on other posts 2 or 3 months before I bought the phone at full price of $200 plus contract from Verizon, that Verizon knew of this existing bug; if I had known about it, I would never have bought Blackberry. The only permanent fix at this time is to not have message waiting indicator on with Verizon.
    I am certain others are experiencing this problem and Verizon support told me yesterday, 7/24/13 that there is no known fix at this time. Folks it is time for a class action lawsuit against Verizon and Blackberry. I am interested in contacting a lawyer who could do this - my email is my name in reverse, that is lastname.firstname at gmail dot com. My name is richard thornton (fristname lastname). This is a serious post, and if you think like me, let me know off this board.

If there were actually much evidence that this were a widespread problem, then I would expect to see posts about it here.

But I don't. And I read this board just about every day, oftentimes many times a day.

There may well be some isolated incidents of this, but I certainly don't see any evidence it's a widespread problem.
    07-25-13 08:09 AM
    Would it cost more for your lawyer than the phone? And what do you expect to get from this? Your money back? Its not like it cost tens of thousands.

I laugh at people who try to sue. How lame. You could probably work for Apple though.
    southlander likes this.
    07-25-13 08:14 AM
    I am with Tmobile and know of another user with Tmobile. We have had none of the problems reported by Verizon customers.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    07-25-13 08:28 AM
    Define the issue with voice mail.

Can't delete it?
    Doesn't go away when you indicate the vm has been read or deleted?

I'm on Verizon. Can't delete the notice but it does go away when the vm is read or deleted. Also I keep the notices out of my hub.

Using a BlackBerry Z10 ** OS:10.1.0.4651
    07-25-13 08:36 AM
    I have this problem. Indication of VM in the hub, that stays there even when it's been read. No way to delete. Subsequent VMs come and go correctly, but the one that is stuck, is there all the time. Annoying to say the least. Not only that, but I am being denied the latest apps that only work with 10.1 because VZW refuses to provide what they advertised - a phone that works correctly. Skype had a promo of three free months that I couldn't take part in because I'm stuck on 10.0.9
    Reboots, weird hub notification setting changes, an the VM that won't go away. VZW is nailing the final nail into BBRY's demise.

MMDDZZ
    07-25-13 08:48 AM
    A class action law suit over a stuck message indicator? Man, you must be fun to live with. When I had a Moto Defy there was an issue with a stuck voice mail icon on VERY few phones. This issue was not only easily cured (not sure why it even made it to a thread) but stopped altogether after an OS upgrade. So, maybe if Verizon ever upgraded their OS...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-25-13 08:48 AM
    Definitely seems out of line.

My voice mail indicator shows when I have a voice mail. I can't delete the notification until I listen to the voice mail and then either save it or delete it.

Do you have voice mails that you have yet to save or delete?
    07-25-13 09:02 AM
    Nope - all deleted but notification remains.

MMDDZZ
    07-25-13 10:04 AM
    Do you have not anything better to do then to want to sue over a voice mail notification?? Jess christ. Your life must truly suck.

People like you **** me off. Number one you didn't pay full price you got it on sale. Number two Verizon didn't make the phone. They just sell it. It's like buying a video game at best buy and suing them cause you beat it too fast. Get a life. I hear people like you complain all the time. You know what?? Sue. Go right ahead. Please. You think Verizon doesn't have a legal team just to deal like dumb assess like you? Give me a break go do something productive with your life.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:11 AM
    Afterall the Z10 is a phone first, and whatever else second; I have been with Verizon since 1999, no other phone I have ever owned had this problem, but I can easily find my posts about this online, many on this board, it just annoys me that this has happened 4 times. I honestly do not believe the c code could be that difficult to write to fix this problem.
    07-25-13 03:56 PM
    Afterall the Z10 is a phone first, and whatever else second; I have been with Verizon since 1999, no other phone I have ever owned had this problem, but I can easily find my posts about this online, many on this board, it just annoys me that this has happened 4 times. I honestly do not believe the c code could be that difficult to write to fix this problem.

4 whole times, huh?

Your life must be a shambles.

FWIW, I have the same device - bought it the day of release on Verizon. Never had that problem.

I run a newer software release on it now ('leaked' version) that fixes many issues, but even when I had the original release I didn't have that issue. It is not endemic.

FWIW - Verizon is finally releasing their OS 10.1 update tomorrow.

Hang tight for a day or two and you will see many improvements in the device functionality.

Software Update: BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon Wireless
    http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...kberry-z10.pdf
    07-25-13 04:20 PM
    OCD? Should go to a doctor instead of a lawyer I think
    07-25-13 09:39 PM
    I am having the opposite problem - I never get a voice mail indicator on my phone and most times I have no idea that I have a voice mail until I actually go into my voice mail..if I remember to check it. My service is with AT&T so I'm not sure if that's the problem. Anyone else have this experience? Other than this, my phone has been working great!
    10-10-13 03:07 PM
    No offense, but suing over a "bug" of that nature is not likely to work. Your money is better spent replacing the phone with something like an iPhone -- as someone said MUCH cheaper than lawyers.
    10-10-13 03:12 PM