So, I have been hearing all this business of March for Verizon. My question is (and links would be appreciated) what official information stated that? Verizon's pre-release page does not say March. Nor does it say it on their press release.

Also, some people have been expecting the beginning of March. It could easily be the last day of March! That is two months from now then...

I have been burned with BlackBerry launches from Verizon in the past. I require official information before I believe anything... Nobody can sway me because I have heard it all before... "my sources are solid" ... "My friend is a CSR".... "Kevin from Crackberry said so".... "I saw a picture on BlackBerry.com with a date on it!" Or my favorite "everyone in the news has said xyz so it must be true"....

I really hope someone can make me feel better. But let's all remember that Verizon has not said what month or day on any official information that I could find. This means it could be 6 months until we see it... That's the Verizon way!
    02-02-13 08:13 PM
    All they've said so far is what's on the preview page - coming soon.

Personally, it won't be a six month wait for me. If they lag, I'll switch carriers. I'm getting tired of Verizon and their BS when it comes to device support, so if they lag significantly I may just go unlocked and port to a GSM carrier again.
    02-02-13 08:23 PM
    I think SlashGear did a thing a couple of days ago stating March for Verizon. $199 with contract is very competitive and the white is exclusive to Verizon in the US. I called Verizon and while they said they weren't at liberty to give me a date, they did verify the $199 price tag.
    02-02-13 08:28 PM
    That's because the press release said $199... So, I want to reiterate, I doubt March as a release!
    02-02-13 08:31 PM
    Didn't TH say March during the Launch - or am I hearing those voices again?
    02-02-13 08:38 PM
    the ceo of blackberry said march availability for all the carriers, so if anything could be earlier not later
    02-02-13 08:45 PM
    Hmmmm I think I am going to look up the launch event video. If Verizon is not confirming March it's still possible for it to be delayed even later. This is Blackberry we are talking about. Delay and delay often!
    02-02-13 08:50 PM
    Well right out of the CEO's mouth (I looked up the launch video) "We expect the availability with most US carriers for BlackBerry Z10 to be in March"

He did not say "beginning of March"...
    He did not say all carriers
    He did not say mid-March...

And Verizon did not back the CEO up. So, it's all rumor and I doubt it will be March. Because if it was Verizon would have quickly confirmed it. Instead we get a wishy-washy registration page. Plus don't forget the FCC has not even approved the Z10 for Verizon...
    02-02-13 08:56 PM
    ugh so negative, you can't be helped
    raremage likes this.
    02-02-13 09:02 PM
    Well right out of the CEO's mouth (I looked up the launch video) "We expect the availability with most US carriers for BlackBerry Z10 to be in March"

He did not say "beginning of March"...
    He did not say all carriers
    He did not say mid-March...

And Verizon did not back the CEO up. So, it's all rumor and I doubt it will be March. Because if it was Verizon would have quickly confirmed it. Instead we get a wishy-washy registration page. Plus don't forget the FCC has not even approved the Z10 for Verizon...
    He said "most" carriers because Sprint won't be carrying the Z10.
    02-02-13 09:10 PM
    Heins' wording at the launch event was an open-ended estimation. He expects the rollout amongst the U.S. carriers to be completed by March, but from here on, it's on them. They're permitted to launch before then, as that's what Heins seemed to be saying. As for who will launch when, it appears that Verizon will be amongst the first of the American carriers to launch, possibly alongside (or right before) AT&T. I expect T-Mobile and Sprint to follow after.
    02-02-13 09:11 PM
    The WSJ did an interview with Thorsten Heins on Thursday. In that interview Thorsten said they're looking at a mid-March release in the U.S. He didn't specifically say Verizon, but one would assume Verizon and AT&T would be on the same day.

Here's a WSJ webpage stating mid-March. It's not the interview which I'm referring to (I can't remember where that is), but I know that it indeed was stated by Thorsten.
    BlackBerry to Launch in U.S. in Mid-March - WSJ.com
    02-02-13 09:13 PM
    Verizon will get it first we can bank on that. As to when? BBRY keeps tweeting U.S carriers are launching in the "coming weeks"

Normally this would mean a couple weeks. In BlackBerrian though I think it's translated to 8-10 weeks.

I do know that Verizon will have the white Z-10 exclusively and Sprint won't carry the Z-10 at all.
    Honestly I think once we see Skype and Instagram in BlackBerry world, we can then start to anticipate U.S launch. I've been thinking these two apps have much more to do with the delay in the U.S more so than "ongoing carrier testing"

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Balti43 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:22 PM
    I've been thinking these two apps have much more to do with the delay in the U.S more so than "ongoing carrier testing"
    I hope not, really, but you may be right.
    02-02-13 09:39 PM
    Verizon needs time to write all their new proprietary BB10 bloatware apps they're going to stick us with when we buy from them..
    02-03-13 01:44 AM
    Verizon needs time to write all their new proprietary BB10 bloatware apps they're going to stick us with when we buy from them..
    Yay more apps, oh wait... not the good kind of apps.
    02-05-13 01:45 AM
    What really bothers me is that Verizon is the carrier that is the least supportive to BB and yet they get exclusivity for the white Z10.
    I'm not about to switch carriers so frankly I'm fairly ticked off....
    02-05-13 02:59 AM
    What really bothers me is that Verizon is the carrier that is the least supportive to BB and yet they get exclusivity for the white Z10.
    what bothers me is Sprint is usually supportive of BB and theyre not getting the Z10. maybe we're seeing a changing of the guards here.
    02-05-13 07:25 AM
    I personally think Verizon is changing it's tune and supporting any company not named Apple right now. Apple is killing its margins and hasn't turned out to be as profitable as expected. If BB came out with the Storm 3, I'd think Verizon would open up its arms.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-05-13 07:32 AM
    I am hoping that Verizon gets it sooner, but I got burned on the whole HTC Incredible debacle. lol I'm hoping for March, but expecting July. Keeps me sane.
    02-05-13 07:37 AM
    RIM CEO said during the launch that US Carriers would have the phone in March! Do you need more proof than that?
    02-05-13 09:22 AM
    ATT confirmed March Z10 and April Q10, so take that as you will in regards to VZ.
    02-05-13 10:30 AM
    ATT confirmed March Z10 and April Q10, so take that as you will in regards to VZ.
    Where did you get that info for ATT? Links?
    02-05-13 11:22 AM
    02-05-13 11:49 AM
    T-Mobile's computers say they will have it March 27th. It will be the first or two devices launched by T-Mo specifically for LTE (they are releasing an LTE capable GS3 same day too). T-Mo's delay is understandable as they are currently in early stages of LTE rollout, and will hopefully give the Z10 some hero status for first few months out being one of two new phones to offer it.
    02-05-13 12:50 PM
28 12