I just wanted to share some information I learned this morning.

We have put a temporary hold on the update due to a post launch issue that is being investigated with blackberry. Unfortunately I do not have any information other than this at this time, except it still should be coming soon. I?ll be happy to keep you in the loop.

(name deleted to protect souce)
    Supervisor, Technical Support
    Wilmington, NC

Added For the doubting thomas's

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jb4trucks; 07-02-13 at 02:37 PM.
    ghgrossman, mm26 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    07-02-13 11:39 AM
    SMH........

Power by BlackBerry Z10. Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:49 AM
    You work for Verizon? How do we know your credibility?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 12:23 PM
    It's probably a safe statement the way this whole BullS*** is going.
    codeslinga likes this.
    07-02-13 12:30 PM
    Take it for what it's worth. I trust my source

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:09 PM
    By the time they push out the 10.1 update everyone will have 10.2 and leaked 10.3

Posted via CB10
    codeslinga, walt63 and Bowlegz like this.
    07-02-13 01:39 PM
    This is typical of Verizon, which is exactly why I got the hell out of there!!
    07-02-13 01:42 PM
    Same story...waiting and waiting...
    07-02-13 02:30 PM
    If the update had bugs why is Verizon at fault?

BlackBerry needs to get the bugs out!

I have heard this from several sources.

Take it or leave it.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-02-13 02:35 PM
    And 10.0.9 does not have those (and many other) bugs?
    07-02-13 02:45 PM
    jb4trucks,

Thanks for the update. It amazes me that we are still in the dark on this update. Verizon is treating it like a state secret, instead of keeping their customers informed - even of the setbacks.

Jim
    07-02-13 02:50 PM
    No one is more aggro than I! And now my dilemma is do I take the Q10 offered running 10.1. Or wait for who knows how long to get a fully functional Z10 Os version that by the way WE ALL PAID FOR

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:54 PM
    Just install a leak for the love of god. It's not that difficult.

Clearly US carriers really don't give a $hit about BlackBerry so don't expect them to be proactive in any way. It's the unfortunate truth.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:56 PM
    Hmm... good point. and thanks for the info, OP. The fact is, that problems with a device cost a fortune in tech support and replacement units. Plus, tho I whine about not having an update, I HATE the time sucked up by problems. I simply cannot afford the time loss. I get moments of temptation to install a leak, but know it is really not for me.
    Well, if patience is a virtue, this must be the makeup quiz I was hoping for... see how BlackBerry and Verizon are looking out for me?

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    07-02-13 02:57 PM
    Why not install an official version from another carrier. I am on AT&T and installed 10.1.0.2354 and I am very happy with it. And if I, an old fart can do it, then all you youngsters should be able to do it.

Enjoy the advantages of 10.1 and with all due respect, thumb your nose at the carriers.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    MGDania likes this.
    07-02-13 03:10 PM
    The "Post launch Issue" is "We're afraid people may want to purchase the z10 and we are more financially invested in phone xyz so we are purposely handicapping this Phone"

It's funny how the rest of the world isn't having these issues that att and Verizon are having.

It is becoming more and more realistic that we will not see any carrier updates from att and Verizon until after the release of the new iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:10 PM
    It's a big Company with a lot of Customers and if they screw the pooch on just one phone, the Help Desk and Support could get buried and they'll get thrown under the bus for that also. I work in the IT world and if we put a patch on the servers without CYA at the forefront, we may be sucking smoke from the tailpipe for a long time afterwards.
    07-02-13 03:20 PM
    I would rather wait a little longer and get a functional update. Phone works great. I have installed leaks and they all have their little quirks.

Maybe they will just go right to 10.2. Ok, probably not.

Loving what I have at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:21 PM
    Good for Verizon! BB should have fixed it!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and trsbbs like this.
    07-02-13 03:34 PM
    Not taking anybody's side here, but while Verizon may have the biggest network in the US, but it does have one of the most complex. The Verizon network (at least on the CDMA side which is still required on all devices) is a hodge podge of all equipment from multiple vendors. A lot of their network has been "built" up via buying smaller cell vendors over the years. It does not suprise me if there are indeed, issues.

We had an issue a few years back with texting. We had a 3rd party vendor who did our mass textings for computer/network outages. We had multiple phones in the same area code... same model, and one would get garbled text messages and the other one would be fine. After getting Verizon engineers involved the result was the phones were going through different switches with different vendors and one of them couldn't handle the format the 3rd party texting company was sending the SMS's.

A few years ago I was in a meeting where one person had a legacy BB and the other had a droid and they both randomly rebooted at the exact same time.

I do actually think it's a little more difficult testing on Verizon
    OldSkoolVWLover and TDSWIM like this.
    07-02-13 04:03 PM
    The assumption that this is BB's fault is just aggravating. My wife got an iphone 4s through Verizon and for a month had a problem with multiple texts from Verizon. It was a known problem and it was Verizon's fault some sort of issue with their back-up assistant app. Took a month and many calls to CS to get it resolved. Never was Apple blamed. Verizon is lousy at customer support and having answers to questions. Just look at the launch of the Z10 and the issues on when it would be shipped for pre-orders. Say what you want but I put this all on Verizon. And yes I have a leak loaded and am very happy with it but that does not let Verizon off the hook for the slow release of updates.
    cman5 and codeslinga like this.
    07-02-13 04:52 PM
    Verizon Update Delayed
    Really....?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:00 PM
    The assumption that this is BB's fault is just aggravating. My wife got an iphone 4s through Verizon and for a month had a problem with multiple texts from Verizon. It was a known problem and it was Verizon's fault some sort of issue with their back-up assistant app. Took a month and many calls to CS to get it resolved. Never was Apple blamed. Verizon is lousy at customer support and having answers to questions. Just look at the launch of the Z10 and the issues on when it would be shipped for pre-orders. Say what you want but I put this all on Verizon. And yes I have a leak loaded and am very happy with it but that does not let Verizon off the hook for the slow release of updates.
    Which leak are you running, and has it caused any issues w/messaging, browsing, etc. on Verizon's network?

I'm with Verizon, too, and am just tired of waiting for them to get it together. I would like to install a leak, but am being very cautious as to which one I try. Any info is greatly appreciated!
    07-02-13 05:06 PM
    If the update had bugs why is Verizon at fault?

BlackBerry needs to get the bugs out!

I have heard this from several sources.

Take it or leave it.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    VZW is known for having "issues" where other carriers don't pushing OS updates, as another poster said it could be the complexity of their network and how it has been pieced together over the years. Or they could be overly cautious, either way this is a known issue with VZW on many different devices and for years. I watched VZW not launch a pretty major OS update, then months later finally release a 0.0.0.1 version of the update they hadn't pushed to fix whatever bug they found.
    codeslinga likes this.
    07-02-13 05:11 PM
    Which leak are you running, and has it caused any issues w/messaging, browsing, etc. on Verizon's network?

I'm with Verizon, too, and am just tired of waiting for them to get it together. I would like to install a leak, but am being very cautious as to which one I try. Any info is greatly appreciated!
    +1
    skelleytech likes this.
    07-02-13 05:18 PM
72 123