If done with sachibar it does not get rid of settings. That was my one issue I had with leaks.

Chuck
    Can you point me to a link where I can get detailed instructions how to do this. Never installed a leak but very tempted.
    06-06-13 10:49 AM
    I am not with Verizon I am with AT&T. But I have to
    say wait if you are not in a rush I have Z 10 and I have been very loyal to BlackBerry even throughout years of people abandoning BlackBerry. Yet, I cannot seem to be able to get any of the important apps I need or liked from older blackberry device. They just announced Sound Hound which is suppose to be like Shazam and they clearly stated it was made for Os 10 Z10 and Q10 when I went on to hub to down load because I really missed Shazam it say Sound hound is not available for Z10. :/Even though they claim it is available and made for Os 10 devices. I have been faithful but now really beginning to wonder if I made the right choice this time around. To many false promises. Skype still not available for Z10. Still no app to be able to transfer contacts and data wireless like buddy guard app which once again cannot get on Z10. Which I will add was the reason I lost many of my old contacts and information. Frustrated

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 11:23 AM
    I was told by Verizon rep not to ask about update if I did they might cancel my account
    Wow. I might welcome that opportunity. Then I can get a Q from Sprint and get my unlimited data again.

Hmmmm....
    06-06-13 11:33 AM
    say wait if you are not in a rush I have Z 10 and I have been very loyal to BlackBerry even throughout years of people abandoning BlackBerry. Yet, I cannot seem to be able to get any of the important apps I need or liked from older blackberry device. They just announced Sound Hound which is suppose to be like Shazam and they clearly stated it was made for Os 10 Z10 and Q10 when I went on to hub to down load because I really missed Shazam it say Sound hound is not available for Z10. :/Even though they claim it is available and made for Os 10 devices. I have been faithful but now really beginning to wonder if I made the right choice this time around. To many false promises. Skype still not available for Z10. Still no app to be able to transfer contacts and data wireless like buddy guard app which once again cannot get on Z10. Which I will add was the reason I lost many of my old contacts and information. Frustrated

Posted via CB10
    You need to be running 10.1 to get it which is why it is so frustrating waiting for the US carriers to update the software.
    06-06-13 11:39 AM
    I think its pretty much the same for all US carriers. AT&T hasn't released an OS update yet either. But this is nothing new. I bought the Pre+ when it came to AT&T and Palm released an OS update shortly afterward. AT&T didn't release that update for a number of months. They are loathe to release a new phone and too soon afterward release OS updates because, at that time, they said it causes user confusion and gives an impression that the device is buggy. I'm sure it also causes support issues having to deal with not only a new device but also a new device with multiple iterations of operating system.

Skype and Soundhound are free apps. They will still be there when the carriers get around to releasing the updates.
    06-06-13 12:26 PM

Posted via CB10

Skype is available for BB10
    Soundhound is available for BB10 (better than Shazam)
    I have both on my phone.

The fact you don't have 10.1 OS so that these apps will run is due to your carrier not giving you the upgrade to 10.1 and you should take it up with them. The vast majority of non-US carriers sent out 10.1 quite some time ago.

.........maybe it's all that Homeland Security bloatware they need to add to their phones that is taking them so much time.
    06-06-13 01:27 PM
    I was told by Verizon rep not to ask about update if I did they might cancel my account
    No you werent
    06-06-13 02:21 PM
    Skype is available for BB10
    Soundhound is available for BB10 (better than Shazam)
    I have both on my phone.

The fact you don't have 10.1 OS so that these apps will run is due to your carrier not giving you the upgrade to 10.1 and you should take it up with them. The vast majority of non-US carriers sent out 10.1 quite some time ago.

.........maybe it's all that Homeland Security bloatware they need to add to their phones that is taking them so much time.
    Lol so true... the American carriers are more concerned about giving private information to the CIA,FBI,NSA... Then actually working for their customers... and update the ******* phones...
    06-06-13 03:57 PM
    I have it on Verizon
    Verizon - Still no Skype or SoundHound App-img_00000688.png

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    06-06-13 06:07 PM
    I have it on Verizon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000688.png 
Views:	301 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	169069

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    Sure mine says that too but go to the download screen and you'll get the infamous device not supported line.
    06-06-13 06:13 PM
    Skype awesome here on rogers in canada.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:36 PM
    One would think that maybe the board members or executives at Blackberry would nudge Verizon to get with the program for updating to 10.1.x. I mean, they must know that Verizon is killing/draining their business. If I were a newbie to the BB10 smartphone world and not a dedicated BBRY fan, I would definitely be turned off and of course, my first reaction would be that BBRY is responsible for the reason's why I can not obtain certain apps like Skype or now Soundhound. When go to Appworld on a PC or Laptop, you see it is available for your device. However, when you browse Appworld from your phone, it is not. That would drive a person crazy. Keep in mind, not all new BBRY users are members on Crackberry or even know that this site exists. Obviously, the goal is to attract new users and to get them to switch platforms while still getting support of the die hard BBRY users/fans such as myself.

I love the Z10. I do like Verizon's coverage, especially in my county. But MAN, did they drop the ball on this!

Thoughts??
    Verizon is the only US carrier doing any advertising for the Z10 that I've seen. That screen sharing Ad is way more effective than either the Superbowl or the keep moving Ads. Seems Verizon is already doing them a favor. So, I don't see BlackBerry with any leverage to ask them to hurry up with the OS updates.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:43 PM
    Going to give the 10.1.0.2354 OS Leak a try. I'm seeing only good comments from other Verizon Z10 users on these forums. However, for the radio update, I've read people are having the best luck if they stick with whatever current is on the phone, 10.0.9.2744 is or go with radio 1917.
    06-07-13 09:24 AM
    There is a thread on best vzw z10 leak. Lbry posted the full Verizon version with the vzw radio. Should not need to add a separate radio.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:57 AM
    Sure mine says that too but go to the download screen and you'll get the infamous device not supported line.
    On Verizon downloaded the day it came out!!!!
    Verizon - Still no Skype or SoundHound App-img_00000689.png

06-07-13 11:05 AM
    that is all us carriers not just vzw. The republic died a long time ago
    I agree. If you want to know where the true power is, just follow the money. America has long since been bought and payed for and its been this way for many years. If you have the money, you can do anything and everything that you want to do.
    06-07-13 11:17 AM
    I already loaded the 10.1.0.2354 leak and it is rock solid. I never wait for vzw.
    This. I'm glad I didn't wait. I also have Skype and Soundhound. Had it basically the minute it was available.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:19 AM
    And all of your calls have been recorded and delivered to the government too.

I'd just get a new carrier.
    Yes. Verizon is too busy handing over our texts and emails to the US government. No time for updates! LOL.
    PS: Canadians are "foreigners ". OUR information is being scrutinized. Hmmmmm.

From Zed to U via CB10
    06-07-13 11:22 AM
    I had never heard of soundhound so I looked it up and blew coke out my nose at a "must have" app...that was about the best LOL I've had all week. Thanks!
    06-07-13 11:28 AM
    WHAT?

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-07-13 11:44 AM
    Yippie!!! I could download Soundhound today when previously I could not. One of my favorite apps!

On verizon with 10.0.9.422
    06-07-13 12:22 PM
    No you werent
    i was thinking the same thing
    06-07-13 12:36 PM
    Yippie!!! I could download Soundhound today when previously I could not. One of my favorite apps!

On verizon with 10.0.9.422
    Yep! The update for Non-10.1 users hit this morning for most.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-07-13 12:47 PM
    I too was also leary about installing a leak, but CB has made it so easy for a person to research a certain leak and find out if it is a solid build. And other members have built autoloader's that won't be a destructive upgrade, I was on

Verizon - Still no Skype or SoundHound App-img_00000230.png

Then I decided to try one to the official leaks that was reported a solid build, so now I'm on

Verizon - Still no Skype or SoundHound App-img_00000234.png

Still have all my data, contacts etc. Still did a back up before but with the sachup loader everything went so smoothly. So screw the US carriers and do it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 01:02 PM
    SoundHound is available now for OS 10.0

Posted via
    06-07-13 01:25 PM
50 12