01-27-14 09:58 PM
426 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Just adding my bit to the mix. I have had mine now for about 3-4 weeks. Its been restarting ever since I got it. About 2 times a day that I know of. And it seems to be completely random. I'm running a new SIM card, STL-100-3 and 10.1.0.1720. My carrier is Koodo which to my understanding uses the Telus network? I have no real downloaded apps or side loaded ones. I have two friends with z10s and have no issue. They are with Bell/Aliant and my brother (who works for BlackBerry and also has this issue) is with Rogers. I have also voted on Poll thats going on. Anyway, good luck everyone! Hopefully a solution will be found soon. Thanks

-Steve
    Last edited by uberfunk; 05-19-13 at 02:40 PM.
    05-19-13 02:28 PM
    Amen! Good luck with your 100-4 "exclusive", not clear why you are so upset and restrictive about this anyway, but not wasting more time on that, especially since Kevin corrected his clear "Verizon only" mistake/underestimate in the poll on the frontpage, This thread will die automatically, mark my words.

Btw, in case you did not know, there is a whole free world outside the USA and its Verizon customers, with many more loyal BlackBerry customers. So I would really be surprised if the 100-4 is the most sold Z10 model out there, might actually be just a minority group, who do deem to have most reported random-reboot issues, so hope for you all Verizon and BB play ball soon for the 4 and for all the other models out there. Case closed!
    05-19-13 02:32 PM
    Today was the first time. Model 100-4 on Verizon. Wifi on and not being used. Blue tooth on and not being used. Listening to music stored on my SD card.

Way to take charge Kevin. Thank you.

BleedBlk-

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:39 PM
    Amen! Good luck with your 100-4 "exclusive", not clear why you are so upset and restrictive about this anyway, but not wasting more time on that, especially since Kevin corrected his clear "Verizon only" mistake/underestimate in the poll on the frontpage, This thread will die automatically, mark my words.
    I am upset because this thread could have been an organized thread with lists of complaints, apps and other things that can possibly be causing reboots for VERIZON users and no one else. Like I said, how do you know this problem isn't model specific? It could be one thing for us, and something totally different for you. But we will never know this if people keep pilling on lists for every single model. If we have this thread for Verizon users, we may be able to find a solution for Verizon users. Then we can isolate the problem and see if it effects others. This cannot happen with a cluster**** of comments from all other carrier/model users. This is why there are multiple threads and still more being created to figure things out.

Btw, in case you did not know, there is a whole free world outside the USA and its Verizon customers, with many more loyal BlackBerry customers. So I would really be surprised if the 100-4 is the most sold Z10 model out there, might actually be just a minority group, who do deem to have most reported random-reboot issues, so hope for you all Verizon and BB play ball soon for the 4 and for all the other models out there. Case closed!
    No I thought the USA was the only plot of land on this whole entire planet... Get real please. Don't pull the ignorant USA bull****.

Verizon has over 100 million subscribers. Do you really find it hard to believe that the STL100-4 can have a higher amount of users? Even kevin himself acknowledged in the very article you love to cite that it is disproportionately higher for Verizon customers.

And please don't waste your time on a comment because you still don't understand wtf I am saying.
    05-19-13 02:43 PM
    Lot of reboots here, Z10, KPN NL, 4G. Seems to happen more frequently when in charger.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:47 PM
    I have been on Crackberry now for about 3 years since i have had my Torch 9800, and i remember in the past that certain OS6 and OS7 phones would reboot.They were mostly USA carriers esp Verizon.Now these reboots on the Z10 are they all happening on Branded phones locked to the carrier network eg Verizon or are they unlocked phones with network sim card in or is it not happening on unlocked phones?
    They are unlocked on Verizon. Well at least mine is when I bought it from them.
    05-19-13 02:52 PM
    Scratch my previous comment. I hit the gym, leaving my Z10 at home on the charger to recharge. I came back and discovered it had rebooted while re-charging. I typically use mine wifi only and am running the latest official OS, with no side-loaded apps.

Given that I wasn't touching the thing at the time and it was only accessing WiFi, I wonder if this is a slow, undiagnosed memory leak causing the issue?
    05-19-13 03:16 PM
    Have never had a random reboot. With Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:34 PM
    I own a Q10 and I experience sometimes multiple reboots a day, it seems to happen if I set the phone down too hard

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:44 PM
    Verizon reboots very common. I assumed it was programed in. I used to reboot my torch everyday. I bet it is a memory issue because I can make it happen by opening a bunch of frames.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:55 PM
    I have a Z10 from att and it happens to my several times every day. For all those that want to know how often happens to them the easiest way is activate rotation lock and every time that a reboot happens it will be deactivated.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:26 PM
    Occasional random - Always when left on charge over nite or for extended period ??
    Has been doing since I bought the phone on stock os
    VZW 004 currently on latest 10.1 leak
    05-19-13 04:43 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I got a new SIM with my Z10. I've had to turn off email notifications at night manually because when I use bedside mode while plugged into the charger at night my phone will reboot during the night and it won't be in bedside mode after the reboot. Today at lunch my phone rebooted twice just while it was out on the table and I wasn't even using it.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:51 PM
    I had some random reboots and they were resolved by wiping and reinstalling the OS.
    At some point, I noticed an impact would cause a reboot - tightening the screws helped, they became a tiny turn lose as experienced by another user here (which pointed that to me).

There are two forms of random reboot that are impact related from forum threads:
    Lose screws that need a tiny bit of tightening or a badly seated battery.

By accident I think I found a software cause when I was trying to reduce my backup size for the latest released leak.
    I removed Aphalt and possibly shut down the phone before the process was complete. As a result it would hang with a high power draw and actually reboot a few times until it finally stabilized.
    My suspicion is that one source of reboots comes from app handling, specifically incomplete installation or deinstallation of apps.

The more apps you install and uninstall the easier something can go wrong causing those hangs. But what it is in detail I don't know...

Oh, and ever since moving to the latest leak (and actually reinstalling my apps from scratch) my Berry has been fine again with no reboots.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:55 PM
    Occasional random - Always when left on charge over nite or for extended period ??
    Has been doing since I bought the phone on stock os
    VZW 004 currently on latest 10.1 leak
    Sounds like my problem. Do you find that your charger cable is a bit finicky when you attach it to the phone, i.e., to get the lightening bolt for charging? I cannot always plug it in straightaway and often have to retry it or "wiggle" it a bit before it connects correctly. Just wonder if my cable is bad. This is the stock charger that came with my phone. Thanks.
    05-19-13 05:00 PM
    I have a Z10 from att and it happens to my several times every day. For all those that want to know how often happens to them the easiest way is activate rotation lock and every time that a reboot happens it will be deactivated.

Posted via CB10
    Or just keep a few apps running and if they are no longer open when you turn on the screen, you most likely had a reboot. That's how I know if mine reboots.
    05-19-13 05:05 PM
    Sounds like my problem. Do you find that your charger cable is a bit finicky when you attach it to the phone, i.e., to get the lightening bolt for charging? I cannot always plug it in straightaway and often have to retry it or "wiggle" it a bit before it connects correctly. Just wonder if my cable is bad. This is the stock charger that came with my phone. Thanks.
    Mine does this too. Only sometimes can I get the charger to just slide in perfectly. Most of the time I have to push it in, then down to the left or right so it is even.

The phone reboots no matter if it works perfectly or if I have to push down left or right.
    05-19-13 05:06 PM
    Mine does this too. Only sometimes can I get the charger to just slide in perfectly. Most of the time I have to push it in, then down to the left or right so it is even.

The phone reboots no matter if it works perfectly or if I have to push down left or right.
    Okay, mine does the same. It's really quite strange. I think it must be more than a bad cable then.
    05-19-13 05:08 PM
    I'm on Verizon, 10.0.9.422. My Z10 usually reboots overnight while on the stock charger, but has also occurred during the day and when not on the charger.
    05-19-13 05:09 PM
    I'm on Verizon, 10.0.9.422. My Z10 usually reboots overnight while on the stock charger, but has also occurred during the day and when not on the charger.
    Well, you've got a double "whammy". Mine only does the reboots while on the charger. It would drive me crazy if it happens during the day or while on a call. Hopefully, your problem will not surface on my Z10 (fingers crossed)!
    05-19-13 05:12 PM
    Well, you've got a double "whammy"! Mine only does the reboots while on the charger. It would drive me crazy if it happened during the day especially on a call or texting. Hopefully, your problem will not surface on my Z10 (fingers crossed)!
    05-19-13 05:15 PM
    The common denominator could be the radio stack or a bad radio file. BlackBerry need to ask affected users on all carriers to contact them and request logs.
    Known issue or not, acknowledgment from BlackBerry would be reassuring.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-19-13 05:18 PM
    I am on AT&T and have been experiencing random reboots. It was daily when I first got the Z10, but I am now on the leaked 10.1.0.1627 and it seems to be about once or twice per week at different times of the day. I plan on installing the 1880 leak and will report back. BTW...my Z10 is using a new SIM.
    05-19-13 05:56 PM
    STL100-3 is my model #

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:10 PM
    Same here except I'm on tmobile.
    05-19-13 06:18 PM
426 ... 89101112 ...