I have a Canadian carrier - Rogers; I do t know what a side loaded android app is or if I have them but this reboot thing is happening to me at night while it is charging and it happens sporadically. I am also currently having g an issue with my better over heating and draining my battery and my stupid carried Rogers won't help me even though this phone is less than 90 days old.

I'm ready to pitch this Damn thing and get a freaking iPhone

Help!!!

Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem. It was clear though it was definitely a known bug/issue that they were working on addressing. I'm hoping this will be the fix. Now we just need Verizon to roll out an update. I know I've read from others who have loaded 10.1 on their VZW devices that it didn't seem to help. Hopefully they'll push it out soon and hopefully it will in fact help.

It's been weird reading the forums on this one, as it doesn't seem to affect all users on Verizon. I'm been trying to figure out what the common denominator is here between the people with the issues. I know in the past the last time I had an issue with a rebooting BlackBerry it was actually my SIM card. For whatever reason, the BB hated it. Got a new one and it fixed the problem. Definitely a glitch in the matrix though that needs to get sorted though!
    06-23-13 02:59 AM
    I have a Canadian carrier - Rogers; I do t know what a side loaded android app is or if I have them but this reboot thing is happening to me at night while it is charging and it happens sporadically. I am also currently having g an issue with my better over heating and draining my battery and my stupid carried Rogers won't help me even though this phone is less than 90 days old.

I'm ready to pitch this Damn thing and get a freaking iPhone

Help!!!
    If you used DDPB or some similar program to install a BAR file instead of over the air via App World, then I'd say you have a side loaded Android app. Maybe you can list your apps.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-23-13 06:10 PM

The self-restart and overheating issue should be solved with the most recent firmware update.

I know Telus and at least one other Canadian carrier have already released that update, but you may not have it yet, Rogers may not have released it.

Please go to Settings/About/OS and tell us

Software release version
    OS version

And I will tell you if you have the recent firmware. Those problems disappear for the vast majority of people who install that update. Here is the updated Blackberry knowledgebase article on it:

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage
    06-25-13 06:26 AM
    Omnitech is correct. I was one of the few to get the accidentally released AT&T 10.1 official update and all issues with reboots are completely gone. I ran 8 active frames non-stop for days and not a single issue. Besides all the extras that come along with the update, the fixed reboot alone is worth the upgrade if it's available through your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    06-25-13 08:09 PM
    The self-restart and overheating issue should be solved with the most recent firmware update.

I know Telus and at least one other Canadian carrier have already released that update, but you may not have it yet, Rogers may not have released it.

Please go to Settings/About/OS and tell us

Software release version
    OS version

And I will tell you if you have the recent firmware. Those problems disappear for the vast majority of people who install that update. Here is the updated Blackberry knowledgebase article on it:

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage
    No update for Fido (and I assume Rogers too). Strange, usually Rogers is right behind Telus in pushing out an update. Grrr

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-26-13 10:18 PM
    No update for Fido (and I assume Rogers too). Strange, usually Rogers is right behind Telus in pushing out an update. Grrr

Posted via CB10 on Z10

Some people temporarily install a SIM card from a carrier (ie Telus) that has already released the update, as the SIM card determines which update will be offered.

But I'm not sure everything is roses with the version that Telus made available recently (10.1.0.2014), several users have had issues with it.

That could be exactly the reason why Rogers is holding back for now. (As well as AT&T and Verizon in the USA)
    06-26-13 11:58 PM
    I just got a blackberry z10 a week ago & I've been having issues with random shut downs. I have att though. I thought my new phone had a virus or something. Glad to know I'm not the only one with problems.

Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem. It was clear though it was definitely a known bug/issue that they were working on addressing. I'm hoping this will be the fix. Now we just need Verizon to roll out an update. I know I've read from others who have loaded 10.1 on their VZW devices that it didn't seem to help. Hopefully they'll push it out soon and hopefully it will in fact help.

It's been weird reading the forums on this one, as it doesn't seem to affect all users on Verizon. I'm been trying to figure out what the common denominator is here between the people with the issues. I know in the past the last time I had an issue with a rebooting BlackBerry it was actually my SIM card. For whatever reason, the BB hated it. Got a new one and it fixed the problem. Definitely a glitch in the matrix though that needs to get sorted though!
    06-29-13 03:08 PM
    I have had my Z10 from Verizon since early May. I have only side loaded TD Ameritrade and Square credit card swipe app and use a 32 gb memory card (class 10). I used to have a reboot every 2 - 3 days. Still on 10.0.9.422

Good News....I have not had a reboot since June 1. Not sure what has happened but my Z10 is working really flawless at the moment.
    06-30-13 07:28 PM
    This is a non-issue now. Load the latest leaked os and you'll never have another reboot. Switching out phones does nothing for the faulty software.
    James so much for your theory... I received my third Z10 the very next day from our friends at Verizon. It was of course another white one . . . But no matter! The THIRD time seems to be charmed because I've not had a random reboot since! 15 days and not one random reboot. I'm still running on 10.0.9.422. I'm using the same SIM and MEM chip as in the previous two Z's. I too had thought it was the OS but now I'm thinking its the hardware. Who knows . . . I'm just thankful to have a phone that doesn't crash 4 or 5 times a day!

Now if they can just fix the "voice control" so it can tell the difference between "Radio Shack" and "Anthem Blue Cross" I'll be a happy BB customer again
    07-03-13 09:34 PM
    Great news! Glad you finally have a reboot-free Z10 no matter how it happened.

Via Zeppelin 10
    07-04-13 06:17 AM
    Now if they can just fix the "voice control" so it can tell the difference between "Radio Shack" and "Anthem Blue Cross" I'll be a happy BB customer again

You can say that again. Trying to use the Z10 for voice dialing over Bluetooth is an exercise in futility. 3X worse than my 3 year old Bold. Like going back to the 1990's, or worse...

Glad your latest device is running better for you.
    07-04-13 08:21 AM
    Luckily, I've yet to experience these random reboots.

Hopefully Verizon pushes this update out sooner than later, and it will solve the issue for everyone who is affected.
    07-04-13 09:35 AM
    Only had z10 2 weeks on verizon running os 10.09.422 - just now rebooted out of the clear blue, now that i think about 've noticed that it had done it before - up pops little red light and then it reboots. am now wondering how many other times its done it when i haven't noticed it. should i exchange it or what?

thanks all
    07-04-13 11:07 AM
    Only had z10 2 weeks on verizon running os 10.09.422 - just now rebooted out of the clear blue, now that i think about 've noticed that it had done it before - up pops little red light and then it reboots. Should i return it or just wait.

thanks all
    Load a leak and be reboot free in 15 minutes or wait patiently for the official Verizon update.

Via Zeppelin 10
    07-04-13 11:12 AM
    Verizon end this tragedy, provide the 10.1 OS update to your loyal paying customers Geez

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:16 PM
    VZW white Z10 original os and no reboots for the longest time then started up...upgraded to os 10.1 and no reboots for a while then started up again.....quick battery drain.....weird stuff happening and I took my cover off and touched battery....low and be hold "loose battery" poor design on collapsable pins that make contact on battery....used a piece of paper folded several times to push battery tight against pins....PRESTO no more REBOOTS AND BATTERY LIFE is GREAT and charging properly....this fixed my VZW white z10 reboots which never even occured til after 4 wks of having the phone....please keep in mind, this is what fixed MY REBOOTS and other weird issues....I will not tell you it will fix yours, but you can take the cover off and touch your battery in different areas and see if your phone reboots, if so, then you might also have a "LOOSE BATTERY" ....sucks....I know
    07-10-13 12:04 PM
    Have a look at my AT&T 10.1 update thread and see if there might be something waiting there for Verizon too. I have no way to check, but this gives you a DIRECT update option from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:37 PM
    Never side loaded any apps or downloaded any leaking OS.
    Z10 with 10.1 OS works awesome, I just want my 10.2 OS now ASAP

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:45 AM
    I have a Q10 and it is on the Global setting and it still reboots. my rebooting seems to happen when i place it on my desk. Does anyone have any other thoughts as to why it reboots.
    07-22-13 08:59 AM
    I have a Q10 and it is on the Global setting and it still reboots. my rebooting seems to happen when i place it on my desk. Does anyone have any other thoughts as to why it reboots.
    If it reboots when you set it down, it may be a loose battery connection. Have you tried a business card (or other spacer) between the battery and cover?
    07-22-13 09:27 AM
    Q10s reboot, too? WTF!

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    07-22-13 09:33 AM
    Verizon is my carrier. Got first Z10 in May but it completely died without explanation in July. I had noted random reboots at that time, but it didn't bother me that much. Got new--read refurbished--Z10, but used same battery. The reboot issue got worse. By last week it was rebooting about 5 times a day, including in the middle of the night. Verizon has never been very helpful so I called Blackberry. They suggested it was a battery issue. Verizon agreed to send me a new battery, which I got on Friday. The number of random reboots has gone down--only 2 in the past 48 hours.

More info: all my apps are from Blackberry World.
    lsf222 likes this.
    07-22-13 04:37 PM
    MY SOLUTION
    I am not with Verizon but my Z10 shutdown issue was chronic - it would be on one second and off the next. I began to realise that it was prevelant when carried & that any little bump on the side or directly over the battery would switch it off. The battery was a tight fit so I looked at other possibilities, none seemed evident eventually in frustration I looked at the battery once more & noticed a barely perceptible movement BUT sure enough it was sufficient to cause a shutdown. I cut a small plastic shim 1mm wide & inserted it above the battery ensuring that it made good contact with the contacts & was not able to move - I've not had one shutdown in 3 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon random reboot issue update-tmp_img_20140107_074855-1413396433.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    01-07-14 12:59 AM
    MY SOLUTION
    I am not with Verizon but my Z10 shutdown issue was chronic - it would be on one second and off the next. I began to realise that it was prevelant when carried & that any little bump on the side or directly over the battery would switch it off. The battery was a tight fit so I looked at other possibilities, none seemed evident eventually in frustration I looked at the battery once more & noticed a barely perceptible movement BUT sure enough it was sufficient to cause a shutdown. I cut a small plastic shim 1mm wide & inserted it above the battery ensuring that it made good contact with the contacts & was not able to move - I've not had one shutdown in 3 months.
    01-07-14 01:08 AM
    It's all carriers. I'm in Australia most of the time on Optus but am in Indonesia now on telcomsel. Happens everywhere. Before and after os upgrade. And with different sims. And with the radios off. No wonder the biggest BlackBerry consumers Indonesia abandoned BlackBerry by the millions.
    01-27-14 09:46 PM
426 ... 15161718