@Reubechs - You mentioned you deleted an app and it stopped rebooting. May I ask what app?

Posted via Z10
    06-05-13 10:17 PM
    Still no reboots. Three days and counting. Happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    Well, nearly two weeks later and the reboots have started popping up. .2009 was rock solid for the first week and then they started coming every couple of days. I'm getting them nearly every night now. Sounds to me like something isn't getting cleaned up in the root of the OS.

Battery hasn't been great unless I'm on WiFi constantly. Once I leave WiFi, battery gets sucked quick. Also when my kids steal it to game. Any game that runs, kills battery fast, but that's the price you pay for good games, at this point.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 04:43 PM
    Well I have noticed the reboots have started getting a lil more annoying lately. It's not locked up in use yet but they will be time i go to turn in the morning and it gets stuck at a black screen and eventually it reboots. Sure would enjoy an official release to fix this issue soon

Posted via CB10
    gkl likes this.
    06-06-13 06:12 PM
    Thanks Kevin,
    I've been having this problem since the first day I received my Z10. Initially it would reboot itself every few days, from what I noticed. Then steadily, it started happening more frequently. Today I called Verizon about this and they had me wipe the device and start over. 20 minutes after I got off the phone with them, it happened again.

I called them back and theyre sending another Z10, alas it's 'reconditioned' I'm hoping that the replacement device wont have this issue.
    06-06-13 07:48 PM
    Thanks Kevin,
    I've been having this problem since the first day I received my Z10. Initially it would reboot itself every few days, from what I noticed. Then steadily, it started happening more frequently. Today I called Verizon about this and they had me wipe the device and start over. 20 minutes after I got off the phone with them, it happened again.

I called them back and theyre sending another Z10, alas it's 'reconditioned' I'm hoping that the replacement device wont have this issue.
    It's not the phone. It's the software. Those of us running the latest leaked os (10.1.0.2342) have gotten past the rebooting issue. Verizon should be pushing an updated os really soon (maybe next week when the Q10 comes).
    06-06-13 08:01 PM
    It's not the phone. It's the software. Those of us running the latest leaked os (10.1.0.2342) have gotten past the rebooting issue. Verizon should be pushing an updated os really soon (maybe next week when the Q10 comes).

[nitpick]

That's not the latest, and in fact it was reputedly rejected in internal Blackberry QA testing for showstopper bugs.
    [/nitpick]

Many carriers are starting to release a newer build that does not have those problems, details here:

Getting to the bottom of the random rebooting issue (post #8609345)
    06-06-13 09:16 PM
    Now that I'm thinking about it, right around the time I started getting the reboot issue back, I noticed that periodically I would get invalid or unrecognized SIM messages on the home screen that would resolve themselves. This is on. 2009. Points to a radio issue now.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:45 PM
    My Z10 has not reboot randomly since I installed a leak.

However I have lost my Gestures functionality at least twice and had to manually reboot to get it back.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 11:10 PM
    Me too its randonmly rebooting

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 11:18 PM
    I also download versin 10.1.0.2342 all reboots have stopped....phone is stable and doesn't freeze .I think I installed it 2weeks ago or whenever it was leaked.!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-07-13 01:07 AM
    Now if only they would release a final build I'm ready to update

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 08:57 AM
    Running. 2009 on a Verizon phone. No reboots so far, which is good. Runs sideloaded and BlackBerry World Droid apps. Skype does Ok.
    But today a companion to the reboot issue presented itself.

While texting after a call, the letters stopped appearing in the text input field. Keyboard worked but nothing in the box. I closed it and deleted any other email or text sessions. This fixed it.
    Before 2009 it took a reboot to fix it.

One thing I found important when installing a leak is to do a Security Wipe right after installing the OS. This seems to make a big difference in the performance and stability of the OS. Give it a full 24 hours to fully synch and settle in.

It's actually easier then doing by Link or OTA for me. Download, extract, run, hook up phone, start install, install completes, setup completed, run Security Wipe, setup accounts etc.
    You can restore if you wish then.

I have heard 2354 is also Verizon intended. Might try that one too.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-07-13 09:27 AM
    Now that I'm thinking about it, right around the time I started getting the reboot issue back, I noticed that periodically I would get invalid or unrecognized SIM messages on the home screen that would resolve themselves. This is on. 2009. Points to a radio issue now.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like something did not setup correctly on install.
    Did you do a security wipe tight after the install?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-07-13 09:28 AM
    Sounds like something did not setup correctly on install.
    Did you do a security wipe tight after the install?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 12:18 PM
    Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing. . .
    Are you sure the reboot wasn't happening when the Government was mining Verizon users' data? Just sayin'. . .
    jamesharmeling and heepman like this.
    06-07-13 12:23 PM
    One of the reasons I have avoided messing around with leaks is because when the carrier does extensive testing, not just on the build itself, but also specifically about how it upgrades their official release firmware, then a lot of these "mysterious quirks" will probably not exist, because many of them are probably a side-effect of idiosyncracies that crop-up when upgrading from some random/unknown release, to another random/unknown release.

Just like Apple benefits greatly from being the sole hardware vendor for Apple personal computers because there are none of the massive un-manageable variables that crop-up in the PC world with all of the massive possible permutations of hardware combinations that are out of their control, the nice thing about a carrier testing firmware updates is that they have a very narrow use-case to plan for, and can eliminate a lot of the random quirks you might experience updating from version "X" to version "Y".

And if you started out from a non-official version and things don't work as expected when you then attempt to update to the updated official version - no problem, the carrier doesn't support that, and you're left to twist in the wind.
    06-08-13 01:38 AM
    Are you sure the reboot wasn't happening when the Government was mining Verizon users' data? Just sayin'. . .

Valid point, which I would be more concerned about if it weren't for the fact that people all over the world have the random reboot issue, and the ones that have the least problems with it are the people who live in some of the most governmentally-oppressed areas of the world, ie where they only sell the non-LTE version of the hardware.
    06-08-13 01:41 AM
    X

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:45 PM
    FWIW, since my wife and I both updated to 10.1 on T-Mobile USA, neither of us has had a SINGLE random reboot (fingers crossed) in over a week...I have had a "freeze up" happen once, but I think I had 7 or 8 apps running in the active windows tray. So far, nothing but good things to say about the upgrade...
    06-18-13 04:49 PM
    I have 10.1 and still get them daily

Fav Apps: CB10, USA Today, Word or the Day Plus, GasBuddy, Neutron Player
    06-19-13 12:22 AM
    I have 10.1 and still get them daily

Fav Apps: CB10, USA Today, Word or the Day Plus, GasBuddy, Neutron Player

There are lots of different versions of 10.1 out there.

Only the VERY latest ones - ie released in the last 1-2 weeks maximum - contain concrete fixes for the reboot issue.

Of the people who had suffered from the "self-reboot" problem and have installed those versions, I estimate that between 95-99% of them have seen that problem COMPLETELY disappear.
    06-19-13 07:21 AM
    Kevin - thanks for your effort on this. I've had 25+ users on Verizon with BB's since 2007 with very few problems. I swapped my Storm out for a White Z in April at the VZW launch. It rebooted 3 to 4 times daily and would run hot. After 45 days days I exchanged it for another White Z which resolved the overheating but did nothing for the reboots. I've tried swapping out the SIM card, removing the 16GB mem card, changing Global CDMA settings, removing all 3rd party apps, apps, turning off the Radio and turning off the WiFi. The Wifi change seems to help in reducing reboots to just 2 or 3 a day. But it comes with the price of the not being able to "contact the voice command module".

I just asked Verizon to exchange my White Z for a black one. I'm desperate to make it work since I have several old BB's that I need to replace.

I will follow you exploits with great interest !
    06-19-13 06:13 PM
    Kevin - thanks for your effort on this. I've had 25+ users on Verizon with BB's since 2007 with very few problems. I swapped my Storm out for a White Z in April at the VZW launch. It rebooted 3 to 4 times daily and would run hot. After 45 days days I exchanged it for another White Z which resolved the overheating but did nothing for the reboots. I've tried swapping out the SIM card, removing the 16GB mem card, changing Global CDMA settings, removing all 3rd party apps, apps, turning off the Radio and turning off the WiFi. The Wifi change seems to help in reducing reboots to just 2 or 3 a day. But it comes with the price of the not being able to "contact the voice command module".

I just asked Verizon to exchange my White Z for a black one. I'm desperate to make it work since I have several old BB's that I need to replace.

I hope your issues get resolved. Does an Easter Pig wear lipstick?

I like your name
    06-19-13 06:23 PM

This is a non-issue now. Load the latest leaked os and you'll never have another reboot. Switching out phones does nothing for the faulty software.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    06-19-13 06:25 PM
    I swapped my Storm out for a White Z in April at the VZW launch. It rebooted 3 to 4 times daily and would run hot. After 45 days days I exchanged it for another White Z which resolved the overheating but did nothing for the reboots. I've tried swapping out the SIM card, removing the 16GB mem card, changing Global CDMA settings, removing all 3rd party apps, apps, turning off the Radio and turning off the WiFi. The Wifi change seems to help in reducing reboots to just 2 or 3 a day. But it comes with the price of the not being able to "contact the voice command module".

I just asked Verizon to exchange my White Z for a black one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/
    06-19-13 07:22 PM
426 ... 1415161718